I’m in the medium.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Call me weird but DF in that frock with her white wedges looks as if she needs fishnet stockings, a nurses cap and a whip. Naughty nursie playtime comes to mind !

I saw her and just couldn't find the right words to describe how ridiculous she looked. Vienna had no such trouble :mysmilie_17:

CC

Well blow me down with a feather, here was I thinking as you. I thought the dress was awful, particularly on DF as well as what she wore on her feet:mysmilie_502::mysmilie_497::mysmilie_859::mysmilie_867::mysmilie_867:

Just because she managed to get into the Medium doesn't mean it looked right, especially when she was constantly pulling the dress down. She needed the Large. Squeezing into a size too small is not flattering, Debbie.

Call me weird but DF in that frock with her white wedges looks as if she needs fishnet stockings, a nurses cap and a whip. Naughty nursie playtime comes to mind !

I didn't see the show so when I read your comments I thought "WTF has been going on?" I have now looked back & can't stop laughing! Your description is spot on, she could be starring in a sketch from The Kenny Everett Show (for those who are old enough to remember, back in the 80s)

Just because she managed to get into the Medium doesn't mean it looked right, especially when she was constantly pulling the dress down. She needed the Large. Squeezing into a size too small is not flattering, Debbie.

I did hear her say years ago that she wears different sizes depending if she is going to be "standing up" or "sitting down"??? Maybe that explains why most of the presenters look like overstuffed sausages. Personally, I wear whatever size is most flattering, it's not rocket science is it? Why would anyone on TV want to look bigger than they are? Just cut out the label if you are that bothered!

My mum was always an 8/10, less than 5ft tall and a tiny woman. Plus 50 she still wore an 8/10 but ahem, she was not. Tops pulling open across the bust where the buttons wouldn't meet. VPL, yikes. So when mum pointed out to me I might want to get a bigger size top :mysmilie_13: I shovelled her in front of the mirror. Mortified. Now looks great at 81 because being a size 8 no longer matters. I actually think it DOES matter to my mum but she agrees she doesn't want to look chubby. I no longer look at sizes, I wear what makes me look good whether that is a 10 or a 16.

CC

I saw her and just couldn't find the right words to describe how ridiculous she looked. Vienna had no such trouble :mysmilie_17:

CC

Debbie Flint has posted a photograph of herself wearing that truly awful dress and shoes. In my opinion she has really bad dress sense which isn’t helped by 27 comments telling her how gorgeous she looks. Who are these 27 people?

Debbie Flint has posted a photograph of herself wearing that truly awful dress and shoes. In my opinion she has really bad dress sense which isn’t helped by 27 comments telling her how gorgeous she looks. Who are these 27 people?

The QVC stylists.

My mum was always an 8/10, less than 5ft tall and a tiny woman. Plus 50 she still wore an 8/10 but ahem, she was not. Tops pulling open across the bust where the buttons wouldn't meet. VPL, yikes. So when mum pointed out to me I might want to get a bigger size top :mysmilie_13: I shovelled her in front of the mirror. Mortified. Now looks great at 81 because being a size 8 no longer matters. I actually think it DOES matter to my mum but she agrees she doesn't want to look chubby. I no longer look at sizes, I wear what makes me look good whether that is a 10 or a 16.

CC

I agree, because at the end of the day it's just a tag/label sewn onto your clothes and you are the ONLY one who knows that. If it's a worry then cut the tag off completely, it isn't important, only that you feel good and look right. The size label is just a guide..and they all differ anyway. Debbie and Julia do tend to squeeze into outfits that a size too small rather than look better in a larger size, just because they can't face admitting they have to get into a size that fits.

Julia continually goes on about how an item fits on her shoulders, she appears to not like anything that goes a cm over her shoulder. She benefits by having slender arms so gets away with stretch clothing pulled as tight as anything across her.
Just why she can’t see this actually looks too tight, so I’d better go up at least a size. So consoling herself with if it falls slightly over the shoulder, it will at least look a heck of a lot better everywhere else.

There is a particular style of blouse in Marks at present and I know it is supposed to be a “boxy overbig look” but I am a 16 and I’ve had to go down to an 8! The reviews on line are inline with my own experience. Do you think I should send one to JR so she can say she is an extra small:mysmilie_11:

There is a particular style of blouse in Marks at present and I know it is supposed to be a “boxy overbig look” but I am a 16 and I’ve had to go down to an 8! The reviews on line are inline with my own experience. Do you think I should send one to JR so she can say she is an extra small:mysmilie_11:
Oh yes please do, you would make my year!

I remember her once ,think it was a Decleor hour featuring hand cream. She said she could pinch her hand and the skin bounced back. Well yea Julia mine does that as well when I make a first.

'The only bad thing about spending so much time writing books is that I have put on a few pounds in weight, just what I don’t need with our wedding only three months away! So, despite not feeling 100%, I was back in our gym this week on the treadmill and the aeropilates machine and next week I plan to incorporate the rowing machine back into my exercise routine. Ideally, I would like to drop a dress size (or two) over the next three months...' Quote from JR.

Latest posts

Back