Emelia shapewear before and after pics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

brenny

Registered Shopper
In the show this morning they had the model Sheila showing a skirt that she said she hadnt worn for a long time .
She stated how shocked she was by the gap at the top of the zip about 4 inches , the problem was not that the skirt was too small but she had hooked it down to her hip level in the before pic and on her waist in the after picture ,
This was evident as the length of the skirt was about 3 inches higher in the after picture , why do they do this ? The garments do work ( if you can be ar~~ed trying to get them on ) and dont need this type of technique for them to sell .
Maybe I got it wrong but I dont feel that I did , did anyone else notice it ? Or am I the only saddo ranting at the telly at this time of day ?

Wasn't watching Brenny but I have no doubt they'll try all sorts of tactics to produce an improvement with the end result. I often feel they don't do a fair comparison with "before and after" pictures with lots of products such as hair care, tanning items, etc. as generally in the "before" shot the model isn't smiling and then, quite by magic, they are sporting a huge grin in the "after" one. That in itself makes a huge difference.

By the way, you mention "if you can be ar**ed trying to get them on" - bet you-know-who has a tale or two to tell about that..........:wink2:

Wasn't watching Brenny but I have no doubt they'll try all sorts of tactics to produce an improvement with the end result. I often feel they don't do a fair comparison with "before and after" pictures with lots of products such as hair care, tanning items, etc. as generally in the "before" shot the model isn't smiling and then, quite by magic, they are sporting a huge grin in the "after" one. That in itself makes a huge difference.

By the way, you mention "if you can be ar**ed trying to get them on" - bet you-know-who has a tale or two to tell about that..........:wink2:

Im not so sure she actually takes them off , more like an attempt at layering until something bursts ,if you know what I mean :wave2:

I haven't seen the rising skirt one, but i've seen where she's wearing trousers.

Before, she's got them right down so the crotch is practically around her knees and so she ends up with muffin tops.

After, supposedly a magical transformation, no muffin tops because the trousers are fastened in the correct place. It's not rocket science....and she didn't need a special bit of underwear to achieve it either! I find it quite insulting that the producers think we won't notice their underhand sales tactics! I hate all these hipster trousers, most women and girls look a right state in them - give us back waist jeans and then they hold it all in for us :giggle:

I also noticed they glossed right over the fact the body shaper (that's like a teddy/leotard) doesn't have an opening at the crotch, so you have to get undressed every time you go to the loo.
What a faff!!! :cheeky:

Very often, they use better lighting in the 'after' shots so again something will look better. They used to do that in programmes such as 'How clean is your house' and 'House Doctor' so rooms would immediately look brighter, airy and cleaner.

Hadnt noticed the lack of " opening " before , what on earth are you meant to do ??? I expect either Momabear or Mrs J willhave worked out the solution and will " enlighten " us in due course.

lol

I was sick of being 'too late' to take it all off, so I carved a big hole in it :e016:

It would have been better before 'the op'* all you would've had to do was move the crotch bit to the side and whip it out:wink2:

* I assume everyone knows you used to be called Burt...if not... oops:giggle:

And who else would look at me like you do :5:

Are you coming out? :sun:

Only if you don't do that skipping thing when I hold your hand, I didn't mind ' Burt ' doing it, but people seeing me with a blokey woman in a kaftan and f**k off sandals will seriously damage my street cred:cool2:

In one set of shapewear they were selling, no lies here, they had meJu in a horizontal striped swimsuit in the before and a plain black one in the after!!!
Come on everyone knows that trick now.

What annoys me is that the before and afters when they appear to be being genuine are really nothing to shout home about at all and I have even found them to be the same or the after looking better!!

On that note, did anyone see the tanning show last night with EcoTan? Debbie Shore said "you'd never know you'd had a fake tan!!!!" and the model sheepishly said "we havent put any on yet". Ah how everyone laughed, yet again presenters just spouting stuff to sell without even seeming to look at a product.

I dont mind " sales patter " but distortion really irritates me , do they think we are stupid ?

Besides the looks, ladies can nowadays pimp their curves with special undergarments. For couch potatoes who can’t help but indulge in one more Mcdonalds, they are left grappling with tummy pooch, back fat and muffin top when they want to try tight outfit. Even for those who try to workout, it’s not easy to get back in shape in a jiffy and there are those times when you will be invited over to special functions in a moment’s notice. There is nothing underhand in a getting a quick fix- what with all the petite gals stealing the show. The solution is a high waist pant or skirt but the most preferred is a muffin top shaper. The best shapewear for muffin top and love handles rolls up the pudge giving you a more appealing silhouette. However, getting the right size and a stretchy and breathable material that doesn’t slip is a challenge. If it’s a bodysuit design, it doesn’t make sense if it doesn’t have a crotch opening.

Latest posts

Back