Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I forgot to mention, but one of the most bizarre things about Vax man on the iPhone shows, is that he seems genuinely more passionate and excited about the phone, than he ever did about the product he originally was there to sell (Vax machines) and presumably was employed to do so?

I use xiaomi, their products are surprising in quality.

I have the Xiaomi Mi Note 2, it's a wonderful phone for the money. It even updated to Android 8 today. It started out as Android 6 They don't forget their customers unlike some Chinese brands.

I smell a rat....and I think that rat has been deleting iffy reviews on the IW website.

I was watching Nanty shilling those massage chairs with the foot stool the other evening. I remembered reading reviews on the IW website where people were complaining about the poor quality of the bonded leather.

But Nanty says during the show that all the reviews are 4 and 5 star. Hmmmmm, I log into IW and there are sure enough 4 and 5 star reviews, but only 14 of them between Feb and May this year. One even claiming "the genuine leather is so comfortable" or something along those lines.

Nanty keeps on saying "these leather....bondedleather….chairs" as if people won't notice he slips in the bonded bit.

I am convinced they have removed any negative reviews from the website with regards those chairs.

I smell a rat....and I think that rat has been deleting iffy reviews on the IW website.

I was watching Nanty shilling those massage chairs with the foot stool the other evening. I remembered reading reviews on the IW website where people were complaining about the poor quality of the bonded leather.

But Nanty says during the show that all the reviews are 4 and 5 star. Hmmmmm, I log into IW and there are sure enough 4 and 5 star reviews, but only 14 of them between Feb and May this year. One even claiming "the genuine leather is so comfortable" or something along those lines.

Nanty keeps on saying "these leather....bondedleather….chairs" as if people won't notice he slips in the bonded bit.

I am convinced they have removed any negative reviews from the website with regards those chairs.

It’s only my personal opinion but I have long suspected the reviews on the Ideal World website are somewhat selective.

But there’s nothing selective about Ideal World’s reviews on Review Centre and Trust Pilot, they are resoundingly diabolical.

Is it finally the end of the Polyester Super Trousers? :mysmilie_59:

730C91AA-6802-479B-B40C-34C44CBD9D57.jpg

https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

One of the male presenters selling the chairs the other night said ... are you ready for this ... blah blah blah 'genuine bonded leather' blah blah blah. It made me wonder, does this idiot perhaps, just perhaps, think bonded leather is a) real leather and b) as good if not better than good old basic genuine leather.

It's generally cr*p to watch these days, that old idiot doing his 'comedy' routine and pushing up an imaginary bo*b, oh how cutting edge, how original, how funny. Laughing like a constipated hyena when he's shown something that he deems ground-breaking ... like a tabletop cooker with 100 preset recipes built in. You'd think he'd just been shown a time machine. And yes, he said those immortal words ... 'at this price, just buy it.'

And omg I hopped on the other night and it was that foghorn Irish girl. How the heck do this group of loud idiots entice anyone to buy anything?!? The mind boggles!!!

One of the male presenters selling the chairs the other night said ... are you ready for this ... blah blah blah 'genuine bonded leather' blah blah blah. It made me wonder, does this idiot perhaps, just perhaps, think bonded leather is a) real leather and b) as good if not better than good old basic genuine leather.

It's generally cr*p to watch these days, that old idiot doing his 'comedy' routine and pushing up an imaginary bo*b, oh how cutting edge, how original, how funny. Laughing like a constipated hyena when he's shown something that he deems ground-breaking ... like a tabletop cooker with 100 preset recipes built in. You'd think he'd just been shown a time machine. And yes, he said those immortal words ... 'at this price, just buy it.'

And omg I hopped on the other night and it was that foghorn Irish girl. How the heck do this group of loud idiots entice anyone to buy anything?!? The mind boggles!!!

The Goons know exactly what Bonded Leather is. I’m guessing that’s why they never explain what it exactly is!

Let’s hope the days of them shilling this vaguely described tatt are numbered :down:

4E7F48A1-B49E-4762-B8A1-0296E89C028E.jpg9724127F-6A1F-4477-B454-04A82AAD75B7.jpg

Just watching good old Pete introduce the greatest watch show of all time! (What a joke!!)The pick of the day is a Mathey Tissot divers watch with a huge bubble crystal and is said to be priceless. Well not priceless really, it's £749 idiot!! What is more, the master horologist (Kevinski) can't seem to make up his mind if it's 200M or 300M water resistant!

What a pair of f*&>king clowns!!!!

I particularly like it when they blather on about "just buy it at this price" but along the way they say something which makes it abundantly clear that they don't actually own the product themselves.

I really hope that us happy jolly few here :mysmilie_50: are representative of the majority of viewers, in that we can see through the nonsense, and that it is only a minority that fall for all the sloblocks.

Perhaps now seems an appropriate time for a big round of applause for DAVELOYDON who by my reckoning has just reached the magical three figures of watches purchased from Ideal World.
A vast majority are the Russian t34 tank derivatives but he has also purchased all of the Mathey Tissot 2 grand plus ones too.
Clearly a very religous man as a fair few of his 5 star reviews ( EVERY WATCH gets 5 stars ) start with " Oh my god " followed by how briiliant it is, how cheap it was, how rare it is etc etc.
Has spent well in excess of £50,000 since his first recorded watch in December 2015

Perhaps now seems an appropriate time for a big round of applause for DAVELOYDON who by my reckoning has just reached the magical three figures of watches purchased from Ideal World.
A vast majority are the Russian t34 tank derivatives but he has also purchased all of the Mathey Tissot 2 grand plus ones too.
Clearly a very religous man as a fair few of his 5 star reviews ( EVERY WATCH gets 5 stars ) start with " Oh my god " followed by how briiliant it is, how cheap it was, how rare it is etc etc.
Has spent well in excess of £50,000 since his first recorded watch in December 2015

A tragic story - poor Dave is so impressionable he believes all of Kevin's guff , including the notion , implied but never stated ,that the watches will increase in value.
I hope Dave never tries to sell any of them because he will get a terrible shock if he does!

Last edited:
I saw Dave a few weeks ago when he had a return trip to the 'live studio audience'. They got him up in front of the camera to say Happy Birthday to him. Kevinski and DP said Happy Birthday to him and handed him a cake. Now, after all the money Dave has spent, you'd think that they'd make him a special birthday cake in the shape of a watch for instance. Nah, it was just chocolate top and bottom with a bit of stuff in the middle that maybe Joe had knocked up a few days ago. It was handed to him quite haphazardly. He walked back to the 'live studio audience' as DP was saying 'I think it's actually his birthday tomorrow....'

I often wonder if Dave Loydon is really a real customer. I know we have seen a man on screen who is supposed to be him, but is he for real? Apparently he even bought that ****** bubble Mathey Tissot last night at another £750.
I mean, would even a millionaire keep buying all of this shite off these clowns? I just find it too difficult to believe!!!

I often wonder if Dave Loydon is really a real customer. I know we have seen a man on screen who is supposed to be him, but is he for real? Apparently he even bought that ****** bubble Mathey Tissot last night at another £750.
I mean, would even a millionaire keep buying all of this shite off these clowns? I just find it too difficult to believe!!!

Oh he’s real alright.

42C4841B-1956-47FF-8976-BEB9AD621AE2.jpg

Kevski and Dirty Peter are on now. The sum of today’s advice seems to be ‘Ladies if you’re watching buy it’ :mysmilie_59:

056A0CC9-6A2C-4818-982C-DB4BB17BFFDC.jpg

A tragic story - poor Dave is so impressionable he believes all of Kevin's guff , including the notion , implied but never stated ,that the watches will increase in value.
I hope Dave never tries to sell any of them because he will get a terrible shock if he does!

What's even sadder is that for £50,000 he could actually have gathered a much smaller but extremely enviable collection of genuine 'high-end' watches comprising the likes of Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc. He might only have a handful of watches as a result but each one would be of real and obvious quality with a much better chance of retaining a substantial proportion of his original outlay (and potentially increasing in some cases). The fact he has been led astray by Ideal and Kevin is absolutely inexcusable. A fool and his money ...

I have spent a lot of time thinking about the economics of Ideal World and the watch shows. Given the number and frequency of these shows we must assume they are profitable both for Ideal and the supplier and yet you rarely see any watch sell for less than two hundred and I suspect the average across all the shows is actually substantially higher. This, for me, would discount them as impulse buys. When you add this to the fact any genuine watch collector is unlikely to be interested in these 'tv' brands and the boring, generic (and frankly ugly) designs that appear time after time the actual market of potential buyers watching must be minute.

It is well known in the free to play mobile gaming market that more than 98% of the player base never contributes a penny via microtransactions but that the entire revenue stream (and they can be substantial) comes from a very small element of the players ... with these individuals being known as 'Whales' who are prepared to invest huge sums to play. I have come to the conclusion that this must be the case with the watch shows ... the entire thing is being supported (and maybe even targeted at) a very small number of people who the presenters and Kevin quite often refer to by name. I suspect Dave is one of these 'whales' and that there are probably a handful of others who are all 'investing' huge amounts in these over-priced and poorly made watches. I doubt outside of this group very many watches are actually sold.

I doubt what they are doing is illegal but it ****** well should be.

Watching a repeat show, one referred to earlier I believe with Peter Simon staring at the Tefal Cook 4 Me as if it is the 8th wonder of the word and squawking repeatedly misleading comments about the price saying it's £300 and we are doing it for £45. It is £179.99 with four payments of £45!

Oh he’s real alright.

View attachment 15889

Kevski and Dirty Peter are on now. The sum of today’s advice seems to be ‘Ladies if you’re watching buy it’ :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15890
The start of tonight's show at 7pm had Peter and Kevski singing "Bring me Vostok" to the tune of "Bring me sunshine" which actually made me feel as if I wanted to hit someone (and I'm not a violent person)! Also they were browsing the Ideal World website and reading out names of watches that had sold out in order to imply that watches were quickly selling, which just has to be borderline deception given that they're bound to have a few watches sold out given the small quantities often made available at any one time.

And surprise surprise that World Cup watch was "Back in stock" as well :mysmilie_59:

Good morning everyone, I haven't posted anything for a long time. Watching IW, didn't know that Haley and Shaun are a couple, did anyone else know?

Latest posts

Back