Has Julia got engaged?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Because, like many of the other presenters, she wants the attention.

Let's not forget when Leighton Denny created All About Me, it was apparently inspired by Julia. I think he nailed it (pun intended).

I didn't know this but I love it:mysmilie_17: In some ways she's the best presenter they've got but that ego, the put downs & the simpering attitude, especially in a woman of her age, give me toothache.

I wouldn't mind betting if she is getting married its because of the legalities in the event of anything happening to her or Chris. There is no such station as 'common law wife' in law, but even though Wills have been made, there are Inheritance Tax issues for non marrieds to be addressed so its simpler just to get married.

Because, like many of the other presenters, she wants the attention.

Let's not forget when Leighton Denny created All About Me, it was apparently inspired by Julia. I think he nailed it (pun intended).

Ahhhhh, is that why Leighton disappeared from our screens?!?! Used to do good TSVs and then ‘vamoosh’......is he in concrete somewhere amongst Queen Julia’s extensive house renovations? When was he last seen or heard of? Do we need to send the feds around to the selly telly head honcho?!?!

I wouldn't mind betting if she is getting married its because of the legalities in the event of anything happening to her or Chris. There is no such station as 'common law wife' in law, but even though Wills have been made, there are Inheritance Tax issues for non marrieds to be addressed so its simpler just to get married.

There was speculation that this was the reason Ken Dodd got married two days before he died.

I must say Julia really really irritates me for a lot of reasons. I want to know why if she is not married, WHY does she wear rings on her wedding finger. I know it is her choice but seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I wasn't married I wouldn't wear rings on my wedding finger

She's tweeted she's engaged and will be on the Diamonds show at 6pm (probably talking about the proposal)

I must say Julia really really irritates me for a lot of reasons. I want to know why if she is not married, WHY does she wear rings on her wedding finger. I know it is her choice but seems a bit hypocritical to me. If I wasn't married I wouldn't wear rings on my wedding finger

She just has and read out messages of congratulations. Someone said it was about time as they have been together for 40 years. I agree with brissles that it is probably because they feel the need now they are getting older.

It’s going to be unbearable. Between Flints B&B, Huntley’s inane ramblings, Franks’ self adoration, etc etc, and now wedding fever in a 60+ year old, I’m done.

It’s going to be unbearable. Between Flints B&B, Huntley’s inane ramblings, Franks’ self adoration, etc etc, and now wedding fever in a 60+ year old, I’m done.

Plus all the best selling books they write & not forgetting the grandchildren.

Ain't life funny. I was married a couple of years before discovering my late husband's affair (usual thing, with my 'best' mate), and so I chucked my ring at him and never wore it again. We stayed together for 20 more years before he died, but I took the attitude if he wanted to act like a single bloke, why should I wear something that labelled me as married.

It makes you wonder how strong a grasp QVC management have on what is being sold! They mustn't be paying too much attention as long as the sales figures haven't fallen off a cliff. It's the only reason, surely, why they haven't stopped presenters using their presenting jobs to promote themselves so much!

Saw JR briefly today selling nail polish and apparently it was a good colour for her and I think October was mentioned. Is that when the wedding is? If so that’s 6 months of wedding talk. No wonder I hardly ever watch these days.

I didn't know this but I love it:mysmilie_17: In some ways she's the best presenter they've got but that ego, the put downs & the simpering attitude, especially in a woman of her age, give me toothache.

She gives me an ache and it ain't in a tooth.:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_458:

Julia has just said on the fashion hour...she said something about her other half and added... soon to be my husband... now we know.:mysmilie_59:

I wonder why now as apparently they have been living together for 40 years! Just curious. She made out that it was some kind of surprise which I doubt very much as in around November/December time when she was presenting a show, I think with Simon Wilson she said there would be some news early in the year, she then put on the blinky eyes, acted like a schoolgirl, and whimpered - not a good look for you Julia I'm afraid - so it was this she was alluding to, therefore not the big surprise - so fake.

'...in around November/December time when she was presenting a show, I think with Simon Wilson she said there would be some news early in the year'.

I remember this & thought that she would be announcing a wedding. As others have said it may be a practical decision as they are both in their 60s & she has a chronic condition that could become serious in the future. I know that her much-loved cat died recently but surely that unhapppy event wouldn't be eased by a proposal, would it? No amount of diamond rings would compensate me for the loss of my animals.

Saw JR briefly today selling nail polish and apparently it was a good colour for her and I think October was mentioned. Is that when the wedding is? If so that’s 6 months of wedding talk. No wonder I hardly ever watch these days.

I must be really sad because I searched for this & if I got the right one she was with the girl from Orly. She mentioned October but it related to Q's 25th anniversary & how, in the early days, the female presenters had to wear a French or American manicure. So hopefully there won't be six months plus of wedding talk.

Latest posts

Back