Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been wondering what gardening/diy gadget Shaun's poor old mam will get for Christmas this year.Bet she'll be out mowing the lawn on the first day of Spring whilst Shauny sits on his ar** planning his next cruise.

Has PS or the rest of them said the newspapers are predicting another arctic winter yet even if they are not, so you must spend hundreds of pounds on storage heaters that are grossly overpriced for what they are and i have installed hundreds of them over 40years nothing new about bricks or ceramic storage heaters.

I see karcher and D Belcher are back some retirement that was he must be feeling the pinch and he has shaun jumping about like a fairy this morning and he is not being funny,again.

Has PS or the rest of them said the newspapers are predicting another arctic winter yet even if they are not, so you must spend hundreds of pounds on storage heaters that are grossly overpriced for what they are and i have installed hundreds of them over 40years nothing new about bricks or ceramic storage heaters.

Yes, but here they have clever demonstrations with thermometers. They are trying to convince sucker viewers into thinking they are going to get more heat for their hard earned money, without actually saying so. In fact the demonstration simply shows the heat conducting through the ceramic. Very clever and underhand!

Yes, but here they have clever demonstrations with thermometers. They are trying to convince sucker viewers into thinking they are going to get more heat for their hard earned money, without actually saying so. In fact the demonstration simply shows the heat conducting through the ceramic. Very clever and underhand!

Which is as pointless as putting a thermometer next to a heating element and saying "Look! It's 85 deg. C.!"

It's the implication that heat is somehow being generated out of thin air for nothing when it's unplugged that's particularly bothering, even if most people with a little scientific knowledge would know what was really happening. Note that the words "storage heater" are very rarely mentioned except perhaps when reading out customer reviews.

A truly hideous sales tactic aimed at the gullible.

I must say Janice was very amusing just now.

Mike Mason (for reasons I wasn't paying attention to) called a group hug, on comes one of the cameramen, as Janice leaned in for the hug, she made a point of saying ''now before I do this, are you sure you are ok with it?''

quite satirical of her. very good.

now back to our usual bashing/critiquing.

Ok during the ceramic heater hour, Sally just said and I quote...

''the newspapers say we are about to have the coldest winter for ....EEELEVEN years!!''

Now if it turns out I am wrong, I will unreservedly apologise, but I wonder if that is bollocks.

What newspaper? when was it said?

Just throwing out nonsense as fact.

The ceramic heaters are so deceiving. All you need to do when they show the infra red is check out the area surrounding the heater, it is cold. This is because of physics! The heating element can't possible heat up the surrounding air and also the ceramic plates. All it is doing is releasing the heat that normal electric heaters would be giving off immediately.

It is such a con because you can buy a perfectly good electric heater with a fan of some sort, for about £50.

What a treat we've had over the past couple of days to be able to have the opportunity to buy a full set of six Justice League Watches in a nice Leather Suitcase for only £1275. Not only that, but this is a limited edition of only 500. A real investment for sure?

Looking deeper into this collection however, it can be seen, that all of these Watches are very similar. The only difference really is the slight differences in dial and strap colours. In effect, you would be buying the same Watch 6 times. So why would anyone buy this collection? We are told by the nice presenters of Ideal World to buy it and put it away for 10 or 20 years, with the idea of course that you will be rewarded with riches when you resell at a great profit.

There are a couple of flaws in that idea however! What they did not tell you is that all of these Watches are sold individually for around £250 each. Also, they are limited to 8,888 of each Watch. So not so rare after all! This Case full of Watches is what's known as contrived memorabilia. You can never design memorabilia, it depends on rarity and demand. Will this collection ever be worth more in the future? Who can tell? Personally, I would go nowhere near it!

Couple of digs from QVC aimed at IW today I wonder? I was watching an electronics hour on QVC and twice while showing an iPad the presenter said "these are this years model don't forget. This isn't old stock" :mysmilie_19:

Basically the standard price of £399 for the 32gb model and some trashy helpline nonsense thrown in. I know which one I'd prefer for Christmas though (hint: not the 5 year old recon one)

edit: just watching the beginning of the Constantin Wiez hour. Is it me or do most of them look like cheap knockoff watches? They are claiming the "free" 10 watch display case is worth £35. There are literally dozens of identical ones on the net at around £12.

Last edited:
Couple of digs from QVC aimed at IW today I wonder? I was watching an electronics hour on QVC and twice while showing an iPad the presenter said "these are this years model don't forget. This isn't old stock" :mysmilie_19:

Basically the standard price of £399 for the 32gb model and some trashy helpline nonsense thrown in. I know which one I'd prefer for Christmas though (hint: not the 5 year old recon one)

edit: just watching the beginning of the Constantin Wiez hour. Is it me or do most of them look like cheap knockoff watches? They are claiming the "free" 10 watch display case is worth £35. There are literally dozens of identical ones on the net at around £12.

Judging from Gollum's stock updates, Ideal World sold six of those reconditioned iPads (from "30" down to "less than 25") during an hour recently so the phone lines didn't exactly go "bonkers" like Gollum claimed they did (another lie).

Out of all the watches Ideal World sells, the only watches I would seriously consider buying are the Roamer ones, but I certainly wouldn't buy a Roamer watch from Ideal World because there would always be a nagging doubt that I paid too much for it, especially knowing about all the vastly-overpriced products they sell (high-priced drones, secondhand iPads for almost the same price as new ones, ripoff radiators, etc., etc., etc.), plus any purchase from Ideal World helps to fund the lifestyles of awful presenters such as Gollum, Shouting Sally and Shreque which is something I could never contemplate.

Judging from Gollum's stock updates, Ideal World sold six of those reconditioned iPads (from "30" down to "less than 25") during an hour recently so the phone lines didn't exactly go "bonkers" like Gollum claimed they did (another lie).

Out of all the watches Ideal World sells, the only watches I would seriously consider buying are the Roamer ones, but I certainly wouldn't buy a Roamer watch from Ideal World because there would always be a nagging doubt that I paid too much for it, especially knowing about all the vastly-overpriced products they sell (high-priced drones, secondhand iPads for almost the same price as new ones, ripoff radiators, etc., etc., etc.), plus any purchase from Ideal World helps to fund the lifestyles of awful presenters such as Gollum, Shouting Sally and Shreque which is something I could never contemplate.

I agree, the Roamer Watches are pretty decent. The Constantin Weisz are shite!!

That is exactly why I have never purchased from IW, I wouldn't be able to stop wondering if I had been ripped off... which would probably be a good indicator that I had been.

Well dah nah its been said, The Bald Bloke is almost beging anyone who will listen to his sales bullsh1t to buy a overpriced radiator and says.........."Give the gift of heat this winter, Folks its predicted that the tempratures will drop very low next week" Yawnnnnnnn.

How daft do they think we are? He then says "What if your heating packs in this winter? Do you have a replacement?" Okkkkay we will just fork out £250 big ones "just in case" its like saying what if the washing machine packs in? Do you have a replacement? Should we buy a back up washing machine "Just in case"

Why cant they simply just say what an item does, How much it is, without all the bullsh1t?? Keep it simple and lay off the added bullsh1t............

Jees he has now just said "Its going to be SNOWvember"............Get a grip!!!!!! Pfffft!!!!!! :taphead:

Mr Simon Isles.... I wonder if I asked him, what I should purchase out of Shadazzle or Blue magic... would he explode from not knowing which one he needs to shill most?

I cannot stand when they imply someone is working for the brand, but is really just a selly telly mainstay.

I had a fright this morning on my way to work. Coming up the tube glancing at the adverts, I saw one advertising a show called Nativity The Musical. However as I half asleep I thought it said "Nanty The Musical". Now that would be worth seeing wouldn't it? No, perhaps not...

Latest posts

Back