My First Hour As Mrs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to play devils advocate and say that, from what she has said, I get the impression that she has waited all these years for him to ask her to marry him so you could probably forgive her for being so giddy. I think when we all got married we were like her but how things change over the years!! I hadn't thought that she might (or even him) have been married before but I would have thought after all the years they have been together (41 I think) they would have been divorced well before now.

Perhaps I am being too kind.:mysmilie_11:

Let me get this right, they got married in Mauritius, too far for their two elderly mothers to travel, but (how sweet) it was on her parents' anniversary & she has shown total strangers her wedding photos before her mother??? I call that heartless.

.......Yep maybe I’m wrong but appears to return from honeymoon and then pops up at B&W party.....

.......Yep maybe I’m wrong but appears to return from honeymoon and then pops up at B&W party.....

I suspect the lure of a glitzy party in town with nice bites and a free bar were all too much. Forget the elderly mums. It drew quite of few of them, AK, CS, DF, GG all featured in photographs with their partners.

I suspect the lure of a glitzy party in town with nice bites and a free bar were all too much. Forget the elderly mums. It drew quite of few of them, AK, CS, DF, GG all featured in photographs with their partners.

I found it odd that GG was invited. Who am I kidding, I don't give a flying fig :mysmilie_19:

Having just scanned Mrs Maxwell's blog for the first time ever, I feel quite nauseous and need to lie down!

All it needed was HELLO magazine paying for the event, cos she sure as hell promoted every product she used on her trip to Mauritius, which of course she paid for (ahem!).

(I remember when Anthea Turner was photographed stuffing a Cadbury's flake in her mouth, because they were sponsoring her wedding day - no different really)

It’s funny how every time she mentions her wedding, she always has to follow it with “in Mauritius”, just so people know it wasn’t on a wet weekend in Skeggy.

Please note, nothing wrong with Skeggy, I love Skeggy. :mysmilie_3:

Her Mauritius resort was featured in one of the Sunday papers last week as a cheap place to get married. It apparently costs £10,000 less to gett married there than the in the UK. The article states:

Mauritius has been rated the cheapest in a global survey of wedding locations.

JR/M may have been out of the country and missed that report. She would have flinched at her wedding venue appearing in the same sentence as CHEAP!

Yes I saw that, (and reported it on here I think).

The best wedding I ever attended was in Switzerland a few years ago. The civil ceremony was immediately followed by drinks and celebration at the fire station where the groom did volunteer work, then we were bussed to the jetty on Lake Zurich where we boarded a boat, which cruised us leisurely around the Lake whilst we had a drinks reception and live band on the deck, followed by a sit down dinner. In the evening we had cars to take us to a wooden Lodge complete with open fire in the lower mountains, where we had yet more drinks and a buffet. It was like something off Movies 24 and really magical.

It’s funny how every time she mentions her wedding, she always has to follow it with “in Mauritius”, just so people know it wasn’t on a wet weekend in Skeggy.

Please note, nothing wrong with Skeggy, I love Skeggy. :mysmilie_3:

My wedding was in Woolwich Town Hall, 10am on an appallingly rainy Monday morning. I was the happiest girl alive at just 20 years old in my home made wedding dress. If I dared I'd put a photo of me with my poodle perm lol. It didn't last though. Such is life and I have no intention of doing it all again. I haven't been to Skeggy but it can't be worse than Woolwich :mysmilie_17:

C

It's our 41st wedding anniversary tomorrow; I was 19 & my Mr T was just 20. We were students & had a week in York, a gift from my parents best friends, before it was back to uni. We've been together since 6th Form & I still see him as my long haired 17 year old boyfriend :heart:

I`m off to Mauritius in a few weeks time, it`ll be my 4th trip there but I`m not going to get married lol. I must admit it does seem a popular place for weddings and the ones I`ve seen always look very nice. The hotels tend to cordon off a part of the gardens or beach for the ceremony but it won`t stop people ogling from a distance.
Last time we were there the Virgin holiday rep was busy with weddings and I must say they seem to organise everything from flowers to hairdressers to pre wedding spa treatments and so on. I guess it`s all down to personal choice but personally I wouldn`t have wanted to marry abroad.
My first wedding to my late hubby was in 1973 and the weather was terrible. It was a very small wedding with just 19 guests at the sit down meal after the ceremony but my Mum insisted we had an evening do in the local Co-Op hall and rallied my Aunties to make a buffet which was laid out on decorating tables covered with tablecloths and paper plates. My Uncle did the music on an old fashioned record player and lots of friends and extended family came. We had a 3 day honeymoon to Blackpool and it never stopped raining and then it was back to a one bedroomed rented flat kitted out with secondhand furniture whilst we worked and saved for a house deposit.
My second marriage just 8 years ago when I was in my late 50`s was in a local hotel and I had mine and Mr Vienna`s grand daughters as bridesmaids so they`d feel an important part of the day. Both our first spouses had passed away years before but we gave them a mention on the day and then got on with having a family get together. It was a nice day and because we were a lot older and had both known bereavement i made us appreciate having our siblings still around to be there.

We got married in an informal service in a forest and then in a register office.It cost only £200 in all including two days in Hunstanton.No fuss and no stress.

Her Mauritius resort was featured in one of the Sunday papers last week as a cheap place to get married. It apparently costs £10,000 less to gett married there than the in the UK. The article states:

Mauritius has been rated the cheapest in a global survey of wedding locations.

JR/M may have been out of the country and missed that report. She would have flinched at her wedding venue appearing in the same sentence as CHEAP!

Someone needs to tell her/add a link in the
comments section at the end of her brog.

"I watched some people get married in the park on Sunday afternoon". I did! When I was in Singapore a many moon ago I was in the Botanical Gardens and there was a really beautiful bride marrying her young man. I took a photo - I did ask one of the guests, they had no clue what I was saying but the camera gave it away!! Still got that photo and the bride is still beautiful.

"What are you doing Sunday baby, would you like to marry me, what do you say now if it's a nice day now :song::song::song::song::song::beer:"

C

Number one was a big white wedding with all the trimmings. Led to a miserable marriage.

Number two was a spur of the moment thing while on holiday in Las Vegas - him and me in our comfy jeans in a taxi having a drive-thru wedding with a burger and beer in the Four Queens later. Perfect. I've been happy ever since (I just wish I hadn't wasted my best years on my ex and my health was good enough to enjoy my marriage more now).

"I watched some people get married in the park on Sunday afternoon". I did! When I was in Singapore a many moon ago I was in the Botanical Gardens and there was a really beautiful bride marrying her young man. I took a photo - I did ask one of the guests, they had no clue what I was saying but the camera gave it away!! Still got that photo and the bride is still beautiful.

"What are you doing Sunday baby, would you like to marry me, what do you say now if it's a nice day now :song::song::song::song::song::beer:"

C

The crowds in Vegas hotels would part for the beautiful glowing brides - they all looked happy. I wonder how many are still together? I can see why weddings are so popular in Vegas when complete strangers will make way, clap and cheer for the happy couple. The atmosphere is lovely for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crowds in Vegas hotels would part for the beautiful glowing brides - they all looked happy. I wonder how many are still together? I can see why weddings are so popular in Vegas when complete strangers will make way, clap and cheer for the happy couple. The atmosphere is lovely for them.

I'm booking the flights, now just have to find the man lol (sorry Mr CC) he he he he he he

Joking of course. Couldn't live without Bry :mysmilie_48:#

C

Someone needs to tell her/add a link in the
comments section at the end of her brog.

I did just that, and it disappeared within minutes. I said it was good to see she was committed to the QVC ethos of being a bargain hunter and getting a good deal for a lot less than it would have cost in the UK.

I expect the flights were comparatively cheaper than some of their P&P costs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back