My First Hour As Mrs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who is GG?

Gill Gauntlet, expert on all things unnecessary, sticks to her prepared speech & provides her father with one of everything she demos. (He must have a reinforced balcony to accommodate all the pots, lights, fountains etc.) To my knowledge GG & Simon Wilson have never been on a show together & I've watched the Q since the beginning.

Really enjoyed reading all your wedding stories, and how nearly all of us got married on a shoestring with just the basics, or less. Mauritius, Brighton Beach or a village hall outside Mablethorpe, what does it matter as long as there's family/friends with a drink in hand, and everyone has a good time.

My own wedding day in 1979 was the basis for a sitcom. I did my own catering ( reception in the cricket club), and it started with me in hair rollers doing the 'shop' in Tescos at 8 am. Laden with carrier bags I staggered to the multi storey where my mini was parked. I put the gateux on the roof and loaded up the car. Driving out and down the slope I heard a thud - yep a gateux had flown off the roof, the second one went plop as I got onto the dual carriageway. So, no desserts then.

Back to the flat and future mother in law flapping about, I sliced my finger while taking the plastic off a cucumber, so it was a hasty dash to the local surgery where I was administered first aid - a heavily wrapped up finger. Wedding went ok, and at the reception my new mother in law got sloshed on the sherry and took to her bed for a week, my Dad got a card school going in one corner and the rest of us played darts. In the evening some friends couldn't get home to the next village, so I offered to take them home in my mini. My new husband and I plus the friends all piled in with tin cans rattling on our departure, but halfway on our journey I got a puncture. There I am on the side of the road at midnight in my wedding finery, while 2 blokes are changing a wheel.

To top it all, the next morning in the flat, the dog had pooped on the new carpet and I stood in it. Oh, and honeymoon ? nah ! My new husband got his holiday dates mixed up, and took the week off before the wedding, and I had the week off after it. A foretaste of our marriage to come. He passed in 2002 and his funeral was equally unforgettable, - again at the same cricket club, but thats another story.

I'm booking the flights, now just have to find the man lol (sorry Mr CC) he he he he he he

Joking of course. Couldn't live without Bry :mysmilie_48:#

C

Bry's a lucky dog. When I come back I hope I come back as a Bry :mysmilie_50:

Really enjoyed reading all your wedding stories, and how nearly all of us got married on a shoestring with just the basics, or less. Mauritius, Brighton Beach or a village hall outside Mablethorpe, what does it matter as long as there's family/friends with a drink in hand, and everyone has a good time.

My own wedding day in 1979 was the basis for a sitcom. I did my own catering ( reception in the cricket club), and it started with me in hair rollers doing the 'shop' in Tescos at 8 am. Laden with carrier bags I staggered to the multi storey where my mini was parked. I put the gateux on the roof and loaded up the car. Driving out and down the slope I heard a thud - yep a gateux had flown off the roof, the second one went plop as I got onto the dual carriageway. So, no desserts then.

Back to the flat and future mother in law flapping about, I sliced my finger while taking the plastic off a cucumber, so it was a hasty dash to the local surgery where I was administered first aid - a heavily wrapped up finger. Wedding went ok, and at the reception my new mother in law got sloshed on the sherry and took to her bed for a week, my Dad got a card school going in one corner and the rest of us played darts. In the evening some friends couldn't get home to the next village, so I offered to take them home in my mini. My new husband and I plus the friends all piled in with tin cans rattling on our departure, but halfway on our journey I got a puncture. There I am on the side of the road at midnight in my wedding finery, while 2 blokes are changing a wheel.

To top it all, the next morning in the flat, the dog had pooped on the new carpet and I stood in it. Oh, and honeymoon ? nah ! My new husband got his holiday dates mixed up, and took the week off before the wedding, and I had the week off after it. A foretaste of our marriage to come. He passed in 2002 and his funeral was equally unforgettable, - again at the same cricket club, but thats another story.

You sound like you had fun together and that's all we need really. That and a heavy dose of love, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
brissles, that was classic.

it was. I laughed and laughed and Mr CC thinks I'm mad ha ha ha. The bit where you played darts . . .:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Thank you for your story, I just love it all.

CC (two C's this time. I''ve been a bit down and only put one but you've all got me back up. Cheers M'dears :mysmilie_3:)

it was. I laughed and laughed and Mr CC thinks I'm mad ha ha ha. The bit where you played darts . . .:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Thank you for your story, I just love it all.

CC (two C's this time. I''ve been a bit down and only put one but you've all got me back up. Cheers M'dears :mysmilie_3:)

CC = the return of your stripes :up:

Latest posts

Back