Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, Flinty's bestie is getting a mention again. Well, some posts have been removed as well. Question from some If the Elemis cleansing balm is so good for mature skin is a certain blogger do soft focus on her pictures? The replies all know who is being referred to. Seems she does the soft focus in her review photos a lot.

Oh, Flinty's bestie is getting a mention again. Well, some posts have been removed as well. Question from some If the Elemis cleansing balm is so good for mature skin is a certain blogger do soft focus on her pictures? The replies all know who is being referred to. Seems she does the soft focus in her review photos a lot.

eejit.........

We can all change lighting to enhance our looks. Candlelight, soft focus photos etc.
Me ? I look stunning in the dark.

I put this up on the other thread I'm A Medium as well.

Oh! A woman has commented on the QVC Facebook about the female presenters being weighty!

She is 5'5" 63 years and a size 6-8 and none of the presenters or models represent people like her.

She is being slaughtered by others saying J Franks cannot be described at weighty for one. As for the others, none are weighty yes different shapes and sizes.

I put this up on the other thread I'm A Medium as well.

Oh! A woman has commented on the QVC Facebook about the female presenters being weighty!

She is 5'5" 63 years and a size 6-8 and none of the presenters or models represent people like her.

She is being slaughtered by others saying J Franks cannot be described at weighty for one. As for the others, none are weighty yes different shapes and sizes.

I'm going to have to stop looking at the comments because they drive me as mad as the sugary sweet instagram stories, so these are my last three observations:
She wrote 'older' so I assume she meant Queen Julia, the market trader & possibly Alison Young. Maybe she doesn't see Ali K, who's always been slim, Jill Franks & the slimmer/very rude Kathy Tayler. There was the usual comment about tv adding pounds, that used to be the case but it doesn't put a muffin top where there isn't one in real life.
Further down there was a woman saying the MW dress was too tight on Debbie Flint, however, she normally likes what she wears :mysmilie_19: Why?
Finally, there was this - 'I have a flaw in a dress I brought in 2018 and I haven’t worn it yet saving for holls can I send it back qvc ??' Surely she looked at it last year?

I'm going to have to stop looking at the comments because they drive me as mad as the sugary sweet instagram stories, so these are my last three observations:
She wrote 'older' so I assume she meant Queen Julia, the market trader & possibly Alison Young. Maybe she doesn't see Ali K, who's always been slim, Jill Franks & the slimmer/very rude Kathy Tayler. There was the usual comment about tv adding pounds, that used to be the case but it doesn't put a muffin top where there isn't one in real life.
Further down there was a woman saying the MW dress was too tight on Debbie Flint, however, she normally likes what she wears :mysmilie_19: Why?
Finally, there was this - 'I have a flaw in a dress I brought in 2018 and I haven’t worn it yet saving for holls can I send it back qvc ??' Surely she looked at it last year?

I agree with your observations here, Twilight, and I can’t look at the FB comments too often either. Far better to rely on this thread for our lunacy fix.

Yesterday, I looked at the FB visitor posts for the first time in weeks, read the top one and decided that was enough. A woman posted a photo of a Peony phalaenopsis orchid which she had received in a poor state. I mean it didn’t look good at all and she’s right to complain but she ended the post with “anniversary ruined”! Really?

I agree with your observations here, Twilight, and I can’t look at the FB comments too often either. Far better to rely on this thread for our lunacy fix.

Yesterday, I looked at the FB visitor posts for the first time in weeks, read the top one and decided that was enough. A woman posted a photo of a Peony phalaenopsis orchid which she had received in a poor state. I mean it didn’t look good at all and she’s right to complain but she ended the post with “anniversary ruined”! Really?
I read that & had the same reaction.

I saw that and whilst it must have been a disappointment it was a bit of a first world problem. I know you can’t always live your life as a happy clappy glass half full way just sometimes it isn’t a bad idea to step back and think just how much of a disaster it really is.

A few weeks ago our house had waster damage and it’s like a tip at the moment waiting for repairs to be done but unlike my usual Victor Meldrew mind set I’m trying to keep saying it’s nothing in comparison to poor folk who have the water up to the next floor and I’m not sleeping in a doorway.

Absolutely agree. I salute our intrepid forumites who report back here on the most startling examples of "stans" , as well as those who can't get a sense of proportion to their woes.

Stans are so-called from Eminem's song of the same name, for any who have yet to come across this term.

I’ve come to the conclusion that people fall into 2 categories. In the middle of a disaster those who film it on their phone and those who try to help, even if its with caution.

Those Filming under these circumstances are the scum of the earth.

'I really miss the Kirks Folly shows. I enjoyed watching the shows and well as buying items.' Why do people post their thoughts on social media?

Especially when posted randomly. Someone suggested she watch Q US. If she looks on eBay there are stacks for sale. There we go both aspects solved.

OH my goodness. Kirks Folly. Did you see the absolutely dream like house that woman had on the back of all the poor souls that bought that cheap chatty crap. Guardian angels, moon people, fairies. Blowing a sea of glitter to all her wonderful friends that fund her unbelievable lifestyle.

OH my goodness. Kirks Folly. Did you see the absolutely dream like house that woman had on the back of all the poor souls that bought that cheap chatty crap. Guardian angels, moon people, fairies. Blowing a sea of glitter to all her wonderful friends that fund her unbelievable lifestyle.

I have a Kirks Folly Christmas tree brooch that my sister bought me for my 40th birthday & two pairs of earrings, stars & crescents, that came in one set so can be worn as three different pairs. I absolutely love all of them & they have weathered the years very well. I quite liked the daftness of her shows, probably because I'm of the opinion that if it's innocent & gives you pleasure go ahead & enjoy it.

Yes I didn’t agree with the glitter blowing, found that quite patronising really, it wasn’t my cup of tea. I also don’t like selling tactics that play on people insecurities or loneliness, but I suppose we all need something to believe in.

I have a Kirks Folly Christmas tree brooch that my sister bought me for my 40th birthday & two pairs of earrings, stars & crescents, that came in one set so can be worn as three different pairs. I absolutely love all of them & they have weathered the years very well. I quite liked the daftness of her shows, probably because I'm of the opinion that if it's innocent & gives you pleasure go ahead & enjoy it.

That was lovely, at least you can look at them as special memories. I bought a crystal cat brooch out of the Avon catalogue about 12 years ago from a colleague in work, no particular reason I just liked the look of him/her. He/she’s just sat in the box all this time but when I look at it I remember the laugh we all had when I picked it, my colleagues thought it was hilarious.........no idea why. :mysmilie_17:

Yes I didn’t agree with the glitter blowing, found that quite patronising really, it wasn’t my cup of tea. I also don’t like selling tactics that play on people insecurities or loneliness, but I suppose we all need something to believe in.

That was lovely, at least you can look at them as special memories. I bought a crystal cat brooch out of the Avon catalogue about 12 years ago from a colleague in work, no particular reason I just liked the look of him/her. He/she’s just sat in the box all this time but when I look at it I remember the laugh we all had when I picked it, my colleagues thought it was hilarious.........no idea why. :mysmilie_17:

I've always thought Avon sell nice pieces of jewellery. I've got a forget-me-not brooch that lives on a jacket & a beautiful enamel ship that I wear on my mum's blazer, both get lots of comments. Your cat, especially with the box, could be worth a fair amount on all the vintage sites.

Kirk's Folly was dropped years ago from QVC US, I read their community forum and it pops up now and then. I remember the show Jennifer was on with Dale caught sight of herself on a monitor and had a meltdown. They, of course, had a young pretty model displaying the pieces. Jennifer suddenly started asking Dale if she looked old etc. He had to talk her down and calm her.

I loved Avon jewellery I used to buy brooches and still wear some on coats and used to get asked about them. I had a matching pair of earrings and a little brooch of a ladybird I wore for a long time.

Oh, a poor soul seems to have got the boot from BackToYou run by Flinty's bestie.

Asking if it had been closed down as they can no longer find it. Others telling her she has been banned as that is what happens when you are. Someone who is still a member saying it is still there for her.

Latest posts

Back