Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So it's yet another Shadazzle POTD. Now it's buy 1 get 2 'free' with 3 'free' sponges for a mere £23* all in - DING!

The latest review doesn't make for such good reading : -

'2 / 5 Waste of money 09 March 2017

After watching this on screen, thought brilliant must have. Tried it all around the house, doesn't clean any better than my other household products. Left white residue everywhere. Very disappointed with this. I think Ideal World should come to my home to do their demonstrations, rather than using set up items to clean'

Ideal World, setting up items to clean? OUTRAGEOUS! I can tell you all that our gaff could get positively splattered in gravy browning and Shadazzle would clean it all up no problem, even if I resplattered it in gravy browning just 5 minutes later.

DING! :mysmilie_59:

* You can buy 500ml of Cif in Tesco for £1.50 - Cif has been on sale since 1969 so it clearly works, no free sponge though - DING! DING! DING!

WoW that shadazzle is the best gravy cleaner i have ever seen mind you if you ran a wet finger over some the things shes cleaning it would come off, the stains that is not your finger

You know all these amazing, best you can buy, vacuum cleaners they have been touting? How they are bagless so are more hygenic when emptying? Well forget that, new in they have the Oreck that uses bags....much better when emptying, as bagless ones let dust fly around when you click them open to empty the dust.

I love the ever moving goalposts they have on this channel :)

Oh and one more thing...who has a couch or bed on legs that you can get a hoover under? They all make a big deal of this, but I don't know a single person who has a bed or couch on legs.

So it's yet another Shadazzle POTD. Now it's buy 1 get 2 'free' with 3 'free' sponges for a mere £23* all in - DING!

The latest review doesn't make for such good reading : -

'2 / 5 Waste of money 09 March 2017

After watching this on screen, thought brilliant must have. Tried it all around the house, doesn't clean any better than my other household products. Left white residue everywhere. Very disappointed with this. I think Ideal World should come to my home to do their demonstrations, rather than using set up items to clean'

Ideal World, setting up items to clean? OUTRAGEOUS! I can tell you all that our gaff could get positively splattered in gravy browning and Shadazzle would clean it all up no problem, even if I resplattered it in gravy browning just 5 minutes later.

DING! :mysmilie_59:

* You can buy 500ml of Cif in Tesco for £1.50 - Cif has been on sale since 1969 so it clearly works, no free sponge though - DING! DING! DING!

Ridiculous isn't it?! I'm guessing its usp is the fact that it's biodegradable and is scented with natural lemon. I've actually tried the stuff, heaven knows why I decided to buy it, but I did and I think I paid a ridiculous £20 for two tubs, think I also got free postage too nevertheless. It was more work that it was worth with the amount of chalky residue you were left with to try and remove, and even then I don't think it did that an amazing job - It was largely down to the sheer elbow grease required to make this product work. As for the lemony scent -Yes, indeed it had a pleasant aroma the first time you used it, but it didn't last beyond the first use. I'm guessing the top was sprayed with scent before the lid was put on!
Cheapo jml doktor power which is pretty much the same product costs £4.99 if you're lucky enough to live near a Wilkinsons store it's only £2.49! It is also biodegradable, and comes with a sponge and may I say a better sponge because it has two sides, one abrasive, one non abrasive - So why the f should anyone want to pay £20 a tub for the same product oh and another fiver to have it delivered? yes, ok that's not the deal price, it's the full price, but even with the deal all in you're paying over £7 a pot - I've chosen to ignore the sponges as part of the deal, cause despite what they say - they're worthless!
I also heard that if you take up this offer, your p&p will be refunded to you in the form of a "credit" - now where have we heard that before?! Just off to look for the terms and conditions lol!
If I can save one person from wasting their money on this pretty crap product, I'll be happy!

You know all these amazing, best you can buy, vacuum cleaners they have been touting? How they are bagless so are more hygenic when emptying? Well forget that, new in they have the Oreck that uses bags....much better when emptying, as bagless ones let dust fly around when you click them open to empty the dust.

I love the ever moving goalposts they have on this channel :)

Oh and one more thing...who has a couch or bed on legs that you can get a hoover under? They all make a big deal of this, but I don't know a single person who has a bed or couch on legs.

I have a bed on legs and can sweep my Vax right the way under it :mysmilie_59:

I've checked the terms etc and it states that £5.99 p&p will be given three days after the end of the promotion in the form of a voucher, doesn't say whether it is a postal voucher or an online code. You have a 7 day period in which to redeem it and purchases must exceed £5.99 (not incl) p&p. Dunno what they're doing here, think there's gotta be something in it for them. I have noticed that all the p&p today is just £2.99 (cheaper than usual), so them returning £5.99 seems more than fair, however, to redeem it one has to make a subsequent purchase during a specified time. During that time, what's the betting that p&p on all qualifying products is whacked up to £7.99, so they'll get the difference back on top of all the extra sales. Or maybe they'll be as brash as the bids were and run a whole bunch of other promos which means that you cannot use your vouchers (surely they wouldn't!)

I've checked the terms etc and it states that £5.99 p&p will be given three days after the end of the promotion in the form of a voucher, doesn't say whether it is a postal voucher or an online code. You have a 7 day period in which to redeem it and purchases must exceed £5.99 (not incl) p&p. Dunno what they're doing here, think there's gotta be something in it for them. I have noticed that all the p&p today is just £2.99 (cheaper than usual), so them returning £5.99 seems more than fair, however, to redeem it one has to make a subsequent purchase during a specified time. During that time, what's the betting that p&p on all qualifying products is whacked up to £7.99, so they'll get the difference back on top of all the extra sales. Or maybe they'll be as brash as the bids were and run a whole bunch of other promos which means that you cannot use your vouchers (surely they wouldn't!)

I too seem to recall a certain now defunct channel offering these kind of 'vouchers'.

It wasn't around for too much longer once they started pulling such tricks :mysmilie_59:

I have a bed on legs and can sweep my Vax right the way under it :mysmilie_59:

I know what nobody* has got though.

Prop Stairs that you can walk either side of so you can Vacuum edge to edge, left to right, making even the crapiest Vac look good.

* Except Ideal World

IMG_0322.JPG

Girls Night In: same old pap, but with an "audience" of Ideal groupies.

Woo! :mysmilie_490:

I reckon that the bosses have come up with this to put the presenters up against each other, in front of camera, to make them even more competitive.

It's kinda obvious to me they can't stand each other.

I suspect there's a real loathing between Genpleaseleave and Baby Jane. Could it be they see their own 'Celebrity Couple' as superior to the other? I think Creepy and Baby have got the upper hand here.

Watch out Richard & Judy, they're coming for your crown :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0325.JPGIMG_0326.jpg

I believe Bev Hare's official title is the 'Queen of Clean', which would perhaps give her the edge over Vol Au Vent's 'Vacuum Royalty' claim. Like Bev, Creepy Crawley is likewise ennobled, being recognized as the 'King of the Mattresses'. I can't recall Suzy Taramasalata having any royal connections or titles, so I would suggest Crawley would have to be the more respected 'expert'.

That said, Queen Bev and King Crawley will always be minor royals compared to Caroline 'House of Garrard' Jones, who is the real jewel in the crown among Ideal's royal presenters:mysmilie_59:

Something off about that Caroline... I cannot put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the same feeling I get when I look at Angela Noghani, Creepy Crawley and Peter ''most uninteresting man in the world'' vol au vent... supposed experts, but really just people who simply want to be on tv.

Something off about that Caroline... "I cannot put my finger on it"

Maybe it's the same feeling I get when I look at Angela Noghani, Creepy Crawley and Peter ''most uninteresting man in the world'' vol au vent... supposed experts, but really just people who simply want to be on tv.

That's sort of what De Knees says about those 'effin rings she 'designed' :mysmilie_59:

OK, let me tell you something.

Unlikely the average Ideal World punter does social media, more likely to read People's Friend.

Unless they gotta Go Tab, if it's still Going.

Not much buzz online, except on review sites.

Doesn't look good :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html

View attachment 13649

I know that people are usually much more likely to write a review if they want to complain but nearly all of those reviews portray Ideal World as being absolutely appalling (not having bought anything from them myself). Yes I know that 95% of their products are overpriced tat but at least I was led to believe that their customer service was fit for purpose as a bare minimum.

Guess the presenter from this description; I think I can :mysmilie_59:

The Elizabeth Grant collection I might have purchased, but the presenter was a joke. He made the lovely lady look uncomfortable, I felt sorry for her having to deal with his strange sense of humour. This product would sell, but not with him...cringe. Sorry Ideal World.

I know that people are usually much more likely to write a review if they want to complain but nearly all of those reviews portray Ideal World as being absolutely appalling (not having bought anything from them myself). Yes I know that 95% of their products are overpriced tat but at least I was led to believe that their customer service was fit for purpose as a bare minimum.

Guess the presenter from this description; I think I can :mysmilie_59:

Their reviews are, and I'm not making this up, WORSE than Bid's.

Their ratings are unprecedentedly poor for their sector, and consistently so.

As for the Elizabeth Grant review, with respect to the poster I have to disagree.

This line of products, with the ambiguous Torricelumn (TM) schtick, is made for one man to shill and one man only ....... :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0338.JPG

To me it reached a nadir on Saturday evening when they were selling a refurbished iPad 3 for £400 ... yes a FIVE year old tablet incapable of running the latest versions of IOS for more than a new iPad Air 2 is available at (admittedly with less memory and no SIM card slot but nothing justifies selling technology that old at such a mark up).

Everyone at this channel should be ashamed that these sort of deals are brought to air but especially the presenters involved in that particular show; so called 'tech expert' I'm looking at you!

Last edited:
To me it reached a nadir on Saturday evening when they were selling a refurbished iPad 3 for £400 ... yes a FIVE year old tablet incapable of running the latest versions of IOS for more than a new iPad Air 2 is available at (admittedly with less memory and no SIM card slot but nothing justifies selling technology that old at such a mark up).

Everyone at this channel should be ashamed that these sort of deals are brought to air but especially the presenters involved in that particular show; so called 'tech expert' I'm looking at you!

Ideal's "tech expert" knows as much about technology as I do about Serbo-Croat. She's nothing more than a wannabe actress/presenter paid to spout any old guff to make the duff tat look halfway decent.

The iPad 3 arguably wasn't fit for purpose (by Apple standards) when it was launched over FIVE years ago.

It's always been considered the 'worst' iPad which might explain why it was replaced in just EIGHT months.

They tried to cover the cracks by saying the replacement was to remove the old wobbly 30 pin connector etc. but everyone knows the works weren't really powerful enough to drive the new Retina Screen going forward. The replacement iPad 4 is still perfectly usable today but jeez, it's a different beast under the hood to the iPad 3.

I accept later versions of iOS are more efficient than in 2012 but later apps are much more demanding too.

I dread to think how slow the iPad3 must be now, chugging along with today's processor hungry apps.

It's appalling that they'd sell it in 2017, with a now defunct operating system, and at that extortionate price.

Based on this I do personally believe that this channel should not be trusted as a technology retailer.

But if you still want one you can get it on Flexipay, and while you're at it you may as well buy a Jalopy Chair for £500 as you must be a complete mug if you trust Ideal World when it comes to big ticket purchases :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back