Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
Had an invitation to QVC Beauty Bash on Tuesday 19th January in the post today. I missed out last year as as I left it too late to call, as I wanted to check if my prefered guest could come first . However I called straight away today. I don't suppose they check names of guests do they?

Anyone else had the letter today?

Really pleased to hear you are being given another chance to go, DD. Their system of "first come, first served", even when you have had a written invitation, is stupid so you should not have missed out last year.

Have fun!

I have been in the past and the invite said something about id but it was never checked

Mine has just come through the letter box and I won't be going. I've been going for many years but I thought last year was poor as exhibitors were told not to give out freebies and my goodie bag seemed to have several empty boxes in it. For me it's not worth getting up at sparrows and spending money on the train fare.

i usually pay. dont hardly buy any beauty. but it was a poor show last year. mean tea/refreshments and treating qvc customers like phlebs (no freebies and the poor vendors really wanted to give some out) plus some of the exhibitors think they are royalty and the qvc customers are just the phebs.

these things really put in context how much a company regards thier clients

Never had an invite but I`m sure any freebies wouldn`t cover the cost of the train and taxi fare to get there
How do they actually choose who goes ?

....I've been going for many years but I thought last year was poor as exhibitors were told not to give out freebies and my goodie bag seemed to have several empty boxes in it....

...dont hardly buy any beauty. but it was a poor show last year. mean tea/refreshments and treating qvc customers like phlebs (no freebies and the poor vendors really wanted to give some out) plus some of the exhibitors think they are royalty and the qvc customers are just the phebs....

Why were the vendors told not to give out freebies? Surely that's part of the appeal of the whole thing?

:mysmilie_854:

From the posts on here it would appear that some get invited every year and others not at all. Hardly seems fair to any who may wish to get a chance.

Not of interest to me as I'm not into beauty and live too far away anyway.

No invitation for me...yet...I paid to go one year and had an invite another year. I agree, last year was a poor show in terms of the goody Bag and vendors not being allowed to give out freebies. However, I live in London, and it was more than worthwhile to get pampered with facials and makeup, so would go again.
If there's a chance to buy a ticket, I would,
just for a nice day out.

Had an invitation to QVC Beauty Bash on Tuesday 19th January in the post today. I missed out last year as as I left it too late to call, as I wanted to check if my prefered guest could come first . However I called straight away today. I don't suppose they check names of guests do they?

Anyone else had the letter today?

I got mine and now trying to find some cheap train tickets or it will be too expensive to go.

No invitation for me...yet...I paid to go one year and had an invite another year. I agree, last year was a poor show in terms of the goody Bag and vendors not being allowed to give out freebies. However, I live in London, and it was more than worthwhile to get pampered with facials and makeup, so would go again.
If there's a chance to buy a ticket, I would,
just for a nice day out.

The invite letter says that tickets will be available to purchase from QVC website in December.

The invite letter says that tickets will be available to purchase from QVC website in December.

Can I ask, does the invite letter state no samples like last year, I have a friend who wants me to buy her 4 tickets for next years bash if I can, but I'm loathe to if its like last year 😒 xx

Can I ask, does the invite letter state no samples like last year, I have a friend who wants me to buy her 4 tickets for next years bash if I can, but I'm loathe to if its like last year �� xx

Yes it does I'm afraid.

Received mine too, but I can't go sadly as thats the day I go on holidays, its the first time i've been invited too... shame, but i doubt i'll miss much.

Why were the vendors told not to give out freebies? Surely that's part of the appeal of the whole thing?

:mysmilie_854:

And QVC being very short sighted. Vendor gives out freebie, customer tries and loves freebie, customer orders product. Granted, it's not going to happen for every freebie given out, but they will have shot themselves in the foot with that one.

Can I ask, does the invite letter state no samples like last year, I have a friend who wants me to buy her 4 tickets for next years bash if I can, but I'm loathe to if its like last year �� xx

No samples either? Oh dear! QVC have obviously never heard 'people buy the things they can try'. For an event such as the Beauty Bash you'd make sure you had samples a plenty!

If no samples, then what is the point of going? I have been to some food shoes and have always come away with a bag of stash and a full belly. Perhaps the 'no sample' thing is because QVC like selling sample sized products for top dollar...

If no samples, then what is the point of going? I have been to some food shoes and have always come away with a bag of stash and a full belly. Perhaps the 'no sample' thing is because QVC like selling sample sized products for top dollar...

i agree if they give loads away you wont have the need to buy...the year before i could barely carry the huge array of goodies. the vendors are usually very generous. the qvc staff were sad not being able to give stuff but some did. wont be going did not enjoy it last year and i really did the year before.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you on that!

Latest posts

Back