The 'Alternative' Moira C + your opinion of scarflaces?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Have to say I prefer the more restrained version of Moira C, as seen this morning. Is this just a temporary thing, or has she finally calmed down? Of course, we had the "I live in a windmill" reference - so that hasn't changed - but at least she was giving some information, instead of just charging around and not finishing her sentences. Has anyone bought any scarflaces - what's your opinion of them?

Pope Pete has just got himself in the studio, on the pretext of carrying in a stand with scarves on it - I thought he wouldn't be off screen for long, as he seems to live and sleep there, and do the cleaning as well, not to mention running the canteen.

Have to say I prefer the more restrained version of Moira C, as seen this morning. Is this just a temporary thing, or has she finally calmed down? Of course, we had the "I live in a windmill" reference - so that hasn't changed - but at least she was giving some information, instead of just charging around and not finishing her sentences. Has anyone bought any scarflaces - what's your opinion of them?

Pope Pete has just got himself in the studio, on the pretext of carrying in a stand with scarves on it - I thought he wouldn't be off screen for long, as he seems to live and sleep there, and do the cleaning as well, not to mention running the canteen.

Restrained? I have never seen her like this. I worry about her health as I think she is going to burst like a balloon, she is so hyperactive. I can't watch her, I get worn out just watching her!

Never bought a scarflace, I have dozens of scarves (woollen, velvet, silk you name it) but for some reason have never been tempted by these.

Perhaps I caught her just after she'd been given a tranquilliser!! :mysmilie_17: I'm used to seeing her rushing around, talking at a rate of knots, grabbing scarflaces and trying to upstage the models; today, she was actually talking in sentences - and standing in one spot for a while, which to me equals restraint where she's concerned. I've often thought that some of the scarflace patterns are quite attractive, and they had 2 pretty pastel lace ones today which were unusual, but I've never come across anyone who has bought one and can say what they are like. I've got a mint-coloured lace scarf which is similar (not from the Moira C range, though).
Restrained? I have never seen her like this. I worry about her health as I think she is going to burst like a balloon, she is so hyperactive. I can't watch her, I get worn out just watching her!

Never bought a scarflace, I have dozens of scarves (woollen, velvet, silk you name it) but for some reason have never been tempted by these.

Nobody here is the Tcaller who's got over a hundred of them?

I've got a few scarves but none of these. They're a bit thin for my liking, although some of the prints are nice. I wouldn't need the magnets either, I like to wrap them round my neck a few times and do my own styles. I only wear them in colder months.

Thanks for this, Momma. You've confirmed what I thought about the thinness of the fabric, although when Moira was in manic mode, whizzing them about, it was difficult to tell. PS: No, I'm definitely not the person with over a 100 of them - this would leave no room in the house for the Kinkycades and Nativity Stones jewellery! :giggle:

Nobody here is the Tcaller who's got over a hundred of them?

I've got a few scarves but none of these. They're a bit thin for my liking, although some of the prints are nice. I wouldn't need the magnets either, I like to wrap them round my neck a few times and do my own styles. I only wear them in colder months.

Last edited:
Maybe the coke had worn off?

I mean the soft drink, of course!*

*maybe :mysmilie_11:

Quite possibly it had!! I do think the tiresome plug for the fact that she lives in a windmill is long past its sell-by date, and the "welcome to my home, I'm just the same as all of you" act also. Both smack of showing-off, especially when they're repeated so often. Just promote the product, love.

Maybe the coke had worn off?

I mean the soft drink, of course!*
maybe:mysmilie_11:

Now......let me think......what could the "C" possibly stand for?......nope, can't think. :mysmilie_17:

Don't really have an opinion on Moira, she's a bit of a loon, but I don't find her unwatchable. When I first came across scarflaces, might have even been on QVC I thought they were awful and I think back then they mostly were. The shades were mostly garish and floral, or in frumpy pastel colours with those hideous filigree fastenings and I wasn't tempted in the least. Found one in a charity shop quite some time later and it was had quite a nice vintage paisley design, so I bought it...and I have to say I loved it. I checked out Moira's website and found some quite nice ones so I bought a leopard skin one and I wore it loads. Since then I've bought a fair few, and now they've got the magnetic fastenings, they're much better. The designs now are far less frumpy. She still does a hell of a lot of frumpy designs, but now you can get spotty ones, animal prints, ones with butterflies on, vintage ones - I've got a lovely one with a sort of "Parisian cafe design", a white one with red chilli peppers on and many many more. I also managed to get a limited edition larger one and it's an aubergine colour with burn out design and it looks amazing...and you can wear them in all different ways eg, round your head..but I don't do the Grace Kelly look...I tend to wear them as a
headband sometimes. I've worn them just hung around the neck over a slimline black dress on a night out...covers a multitude of sins lol!

I would definitely recommend! The only gripe I have is that I wished Moira would do a mix and match deal with the sets of scarflaces she does as nine times out of then the three I'd choose would come from separate sets - It would be great if you could just pick your three favourites.

I would need a sedative if I watched Moira C for more than 5mins. She never draws breath, but she seem to have made a good living out of acting ott....

Thanks for this, merryone. I've been tempted by them, but wanted an opinion from people on here as I know I'll get honest viewpoints. I agree with what you say about the mix n' match idea, as yesterday I saw a couple I really liked but they were from different sets of 3 - and some of the rest in the sets were in what I would describe as old-fashioned granny's curtains patterns, so I know I wouldn't wear those, or want to give them as gifts. I gathered from what presenters have said that the magnetic fasteners have been a big hit with customers.
Don't really have an opinion on Moira, she's a bit of a loon, but I don't find her unwatchable. When I first came across scarflaces, might have even been on QVC I thought they were awful and I think back then they mostly were. The shades were mostly garish and floral, or in frumpy pastel colours with those hideous filigree fastenings and I wasn't tempted in the least. Found one in a charity shop quite some time later and it was had quite a nice vintage paisley design, so I bought it...and I have to say I loved it. I checked out Moira's website and found some quite nice ones so I bought a leopard skin one and I wore it loads. Since then I've bought a fair few, and now they've got the magnetic fastenings, they're much better. The designs now are far less frumpy. She still does a hell of a lot of frumpy designs, but now you can get spotty ones, animal prints, ones with butterflies on, vintage ones - I've got a lovely one with a sort of "Parisian cafe design", a white one with red chilli peppers on and many many more. I also managed to get a limited edition larger one and it's an aubergine colour with burn out design and it looks amazing...and you can wear them in all different ways eg, round your head..but I don't do the Grace Kelly look...I tend to wear them as a
headband sometimes. I've worn them just hung around the neck over a slimline black dress on a night out...covers a multitude of sins lol!

I would definitely recommend! The only gripe I have is that I wished Moira would do a mix and match deal with the sets of scarflaces she does as nine times out of then the three I'd choose would come from separate sets - It would be great if you could just pick your three favourites.

Tommy Cooper wouldn't have even used one of Kenny Rogers Rags for his botched handkerchief tricks :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yesterday Salleh was going on about how much she wanted to buy a Scarf while on honeymoon but that there were two she wanted. In the end she ended up buying both but because of the exchange rate she effectively got them for almost the cost of just one.

She used this analogy to reaffirm her belief that you're better buying two pairs of Trousers as it cost just £5 more for two pairs than one pair.

Firstly, didn't she get married in Spain? I could be wrong but hasn't Sterling dropped to very low levels against the Euro which would surely make buying things in the Eurozone more expensive?

Secondly, what's wrong with Scarflaces? :mysmilie_59:

Yes that would be good if you could choose as I only like the odd one as I find them mostly too in your face and I`d like more self colours too in pastels not garish !!

I was looking at the latest reviews for Ideal World on Trust Pilot, not great. This one is for a Scarflace order (July 16) : -

'The Moira C scarf set was received screwed up and stuffed in a little plastic bag and when opened smelt musty. The material used was nothing like that stated on show and these facts were stated in the review as customers need to know how items are sent and received as well as how they perform'

I have to say that despite thinking Scarflaces were a bit naff I never thought they'd stink :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just read the Trustpilot reviews. They're not happy bunnies are they!

Nope Muttley, Review Centre is even worse.

To try and be totally fair to them it's often the case that a reviewer is more likely to go out of their way to post about bad experiences than good ones. That said the very high percentage of negative reviews is as bad as I've seen.

They actually rate lower than Bid :mysmilie_13:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews87736.html

They'll smell musty cause they're probably produced in their thousands if not tens of thousands ... then will proceed to sit in an unheated probably poorly ventilated storeroom month in month out until sold.

Latest posts

Back