Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone has posted today that their Mother was sent white trousers with blood stains in the crotch ....a new low :puke::puke::puke::puke:

I simply cannot believe that someone would return an item with such stains for a refund! But I see LiamX has got it in the neck for sending the usual, OMG we're so sorry, please email us response. As is quite rightly said, Q should have immediately contacted that woman. What a disgrace and as you say, a new low.

Someone has posted today that their Mother was sent white trousers with blood stains in the crotch ....a new low :puke::puke::puke::puke:

I`ve just read the thread on Q`s facebook page and words fail me. It`s disgusting that they`d send out such obviously used goods but it`s also disgusting that someone would return them in that state. What kind of people do such things ? The warehouse staff must be blind especially as they were white trousers and such a stain would be clearly visible and also visible to the returning customer who could have at least washed them. It beggars belief !

Euw!!! That’s made me feel sick, whoever sent them back should have their account closed. It looks like the 30 day mbg has started to bite them on the arse, serves them right when you’ve got presenters saying “wear them for a month, wash them, dry them.........” the warehouse staff should be reprimanded too for throwing returns back on the shelf without checking them.

Euw!!! That’s made me feel sick, whoever sent them back should have their account closed. It looks like the 30 day mbg has started to bite them on the arse, serves them right when you’ve got presenters saying “wear them for a month, wash them, dry them.........” the warehouse staff should be reprimanded too for throwing returns back on the shelf without checking them.

Shopps, you are absolutely right. My sister told me about this &, despite my recent absence from the Q & this forum, I had to read the comments. It's totally disgusting that someone would return these trousers in this condition & appalling that they weren't picked up at the point of return but sadly I think things like this happen more frequently than we know. We used to have a really good, albeit small, department store in our town & I can remember going there with my mum to buy my first 'grown up' bikini; she was horrified to find one put back on sale, minus hygiene strip & definitely worn & that was 45 years ago. I know someone who works in our nearest M&S, she regularly finds used nappies put under shelves & they have a customer who uses the changing rooms as a loo, even though they know her identity they don't do anything about it...

Doesn't surprise me. I received a dress (albeit reduced) that smelled of curry and perfume. Clearly someone had worn it on a night out and then chucked it back to QVC without washing it. As it happened they had no more and as is always the way the dress looked great on me (once I had washed it) so I decided to keep it. No further reduction or refund of postage though it was keep it for what you've paid or send it back.

I have seen sale trousers in shops with bloodstains in the crotch. Beyond disgusting.

CC

I have received smelly items of clothing but I must be wrong because they apparently don’t send out returns!
I always know if something is a return because it will have a white label on the inner wrapping with 2 bar codes. There is also a date which I think indicates the date the return was received.
I have only ever bought trousers as TSVs and never on waitlist which I think are probably returns.

QVC might not be bothered but they will be when their sales are affected. I buy less and less and can see a time when I won’t bother at all. Surely I am not in a minority . I am fed up with receiving returns, p&p and some very annoying presenters who shout and show off. I want to watch serious professional presenters who don’t behave like teenagers. If some viewers like that that’s all well and good but it’s not for me.

Shopps, you are absolutely right. My sister told me about this &, despite my recent absence from the Q & this forum, I had to read the comments. It's totally disgusting that someone would return these trousers in this condition & appalling that they weren't picked up at the point of return but sadly I think things like this happen more frequently than we know. We used to have a really good, albeit small, department store in our town & I can remember going there with my mum to buy my first 'grown up' bikini; she was horrified to find one put back on sale, minus hygiene strip & definitely worn & that was 45 years ago. I know someone who works in our nearest M&S, she regularly finds used nappies put under shelves & they have a customer who uses the changing rooms as a loo, even though they know her identity they don't do anything about it...

T, there are some right dirty buggers about who have absolutely no respect for anything or anyone.

Not just QVC but Lidl (although not so yukky).

A few years ago I bought a glue gun "for when it would come in handy".

I didn't need it until Saturday, when I opened it for the first time.

I then discovered that it was a used return, some of the glue had been used up, there were no instructions, but more important, some of the important accessories were missing.

So I rang CS but "there was nothing they could do" as I'd had it just over the warranty period.

I told them that was not the point, it was a return, with half the parts missing, and had obviously not been chaecked before being put back on sale (and at the full price too).

This isn't the first instance of a "Lady-leakage" return resold incident. Years ago someone posted about PJs in the Warrington outlet in a similar state! Just nasty; but QVC should check returns and bin (burn) anything like this.

So much for their frequent protestations that they don't send out returns to customers. There are so many instances of that happening that it blows their claims out of the water.

Fortunately everything I've received has been unworn, labels intact, lotions and potions still sealed etc., etc. That poor customer's experience is totally gross and quality control should be brought to task. And if that happened to me, I'd take it a lot further than just contacting CS or posting on their FB page.

In my day I wouldnt wear light colour trousers or skirts for a couple of days just before or during that time of the month, to avoid embarrassing leaks, which has probably happened to most women at some time.

When trying on swimwear or anything trousers etc I was told by my Mum wear knickers! The idea that someone knew they had their period yet did not notice they had a leak when wearing trying on white trousers unbelievable!

I’ve had the opposite problem - being accused of having worn something I was returning to a shop when I most certainly had not. It was a top - apparently it smelt! I can’t tell you how furious I was, not to mention embarrassed and humiliated in a busy shop with a queue behind me. I will only try things on fresh from the bath so I knew it wasn’t true (and, of course, being a laydee, I never smell!) - could have been from someone trying it on in the shop before I bought it but I think I would have noticed. Another reason I usually buy items to try at home rather than try in the changing rooms, apart from to see them with other clothes or in different lights, is so I can remove face make-up which could transfer to the neckline, for example. Seems many other people are not so careful as I quite often see tops on racks with orange foundation marks.

Anyway, from what we read on here, I think we all know by now that QVC’s standards for checking items before re-selling are very low. How they can continue to deny they re-sell used and unchecked items, I have no idea.

I’ve had the opposite problem - being accused of having worn something I was returning to a shop when I most certainly had not. It was a top - apparently it smelt! I can’t tell you how furious I was, not to mention embarrassed and humiliated in a busy shop with a queue behind me. I will only try things on fresh from the bath so I knew it wasn’t true (and, of course, being a laydee, I never smell!) - could have been from someone trying it on in the shop before I bought it but I think I would have noticed. Another reason I usually buy items to try at home rather than try in the changing rooms, apart from to see them with other clothes or in different lights, is so I can remove face make-up which could transfer to the neckline, for example. Seems many other people are not so careful as I quite often see tops on racks with orange foundation marks.

Anyway, from what we read on here, I think we all know by now that QVC’s standards for checking items before re-selling are very low. How they can continue to deny they re-sell used and unchecked items, I have no idea.

I had something similar, I'd ordered some bikinis from Figleaves and one of them I hadn't even bothered opening up and trying on as it was so vile in the flesh, so I sent it back. Next thing I know I get this snotty email telling me that they were overlooking the marks I had left on the garment as a goodwill gesture - they got short shrift in my response, I was incensed!

I had something similar, I'd ordered some bikinis from Figleaves and one of them I hadn't even bothered opening up and trying on as it was so vile in the flesh, so I sent it back. Next thing I know I get this snotty email telling me that they were overlooking the marks I had left on the garment as a goodwill gesture - they got short shrift in my response, I was incensed!

I feel your annoyance at that one, Tarketta. I'm pleased you gave them a piece of your mind. My reaction in the shop was to tell them to cut up my storecard there and then as I would never shop there again - I had a bit of a tantrum but I couldn't go quietly after the other customers had witnessed the exchange already. I then wrote to head office and ranted. Their response was polite and apologetic enough and they said they would speak to all staff about how to handle such situations in future. Trouble was, I felt they meant that when faced with used or soiled returned goods in future, they would just speak more quietly to the customer, so I'm not sure they really believed me either.

:mysmilie_516:

no lady leakage but I dont have any pets and the person who had a sweatshirt before me obviously had a cat or a dog. not nice!

no lady leakage but I dont have any pets and the person who had a sweatshirt before me obviously had a cat or a dog. not nice!

Phew, I thought you were going to mention those pyjamas I sent back :blush: I did wash them but I just could not get the dog hairs out of them, even with tweezers it would have taken me outwith the MBG. Sorry if anyone got them after me.

I wonder if QVC send out returned Vicella Vita pants? I honestly dread to think.

CC

Latest posts

Back