Yankee Candles TSV 09/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well they are here and very cold. But my cold sniff test says,
Cherry Blossom has a very fruity top note so more fruit than floral at this stage. Nice though.
Mint. Just like picking a,sprig in the garden.
Linden Tree. Very floral, seems a bit lily of the valley to me. Not getting much sense if a tree, more the Blossom.

That sounds a bit negative but they are very nice in fact.

:mysmilie_59:

Mine have arrived too, and it's exactly as I would describe them too Mazza! lol
I bought Linden Tree a couple of weeks ago from my local store because I loved it, and didn't actually try the others at the time - but I love the Mint, it really does smell like picking a fresh bunch from the garden.
As others have said - I am also looking forward to the Coastal Collection in the summer, I feel that I'm not going to be able to resist so hope QVC have a super bargain set!

I didn't like the mint when I had a sniff of it in the shop, but it is a lovely delicate fresh scent when burnt. Great set

Is it just me or is there not much fragrance off these when they are burning? Smell lovely in the jar. I have cancelled the auto-delivery and if it wasn't for the exorbitant postage and that fact that I have thrown away the packing I would have returned the first batch.

Anyone interested in the Wild Mint I'd give it a miss :puke: I melted the tart this morning for the first time, initially it smelt nice but after about 20 mins got an awful whiff of cat pee. Both my boys came down stairs and asked if the cats had peeded in the house, (something they never do). Got a lovely creamy vanilla burning now.

Anyone interested in the Wild Mint I'd give it a miss :puke: I melted the tart this morning for the first time, initially it smelt nice but after about 20 mins got an awful whiff of cat pee. Both my boys came down stairs and asked if the cats had peeded in the house, (something they never do). Got a lovely creamy vanilla burning now.

its intresting to read that as my friend was burning it & after an hour it still smelt of what it should do but thats why i love reading things like this on here

Yankee Candle January TSV second drop

Mine arrived today! This was from the 09/01 TSV of US scents. I have done a cold sniff and think that:

Coconut Beach is like a milder Coconut Bay with some pineapple going on,
Hibiscus Water is like the old Ocean Water (I think it was), a soft ozone with a bit of floral,
Island Waterfall is more exotic floral than water based, and the strongest of the three.

I like them (they are fresh so of course I do!) but the first two are quite soft.

Mine arrived today! This was from the 09/01 TSV of US scents. I have done a cold sniff and think that:

Coconut Beach is like a milder Coconut Bay with some pineapple going on,
Hibiscus Water is like the old Ocean Water (I think it was), a soft ozone with a bit of floral,
Island Waterfall is more exotic floral than water based, and the strongest of the three.

I like them (they are fresh so of course I do!) but the first two are quite soft.

Those near a YC shop should be able to sniff these in case the second drop becomes a single item. My nearest on has Hibiscus Water and Island Waterfall.

Great descriptions Mazza, I agree with your descriptions for the two I smelledl

Sorry! I know I should have looked for it but I was in a rush this morning as we were going out.

Mine arrived today too. Love them! Nice, fresh scents with a floral edge. Good for spring. Now to sneak them in without Mr FluffyBunny noticing....

wow, I'm very happy, mine arrived today and from a first sniff out of the box, they are exactly as I hoped they'd be - so thank you to Rosa for describing them so well!!
My all-time favourite Yankee Candle is the long retired Country Linen - and Hibiscus Water is very similar - happy days!
Coconut Beach is a very nice coconutty vanilla mix - not too sweet, and Island Waterfall is a fresh scent with a lovely light floral/melon hint - a really lovely summery trio :sun:

wow, I'm very happy, mine arrived today and from a first sniff out of the box, they are exactly as I hoped they'd be - so thank you to Rosa for describing them so well!!
My all-time favourite Yankee Candle is the long retired Country Linen - and Hibiscus Water is very similar - happy days!
Coconut Beach is a very nice coconutty vanilla mix - not too sweet, and Island Waterfall is a fresh scent with a lovely light floral/melon hint - a really lovely summery trio :sun:

I loved Country Linen too - I wish they'd bring back that range, so much more subtle than Clean Cotton - glad you like them all, enjoy!!!!

Has anyone received the July AD yet? It was due around 9th July according to my trusty spreadsheet. There is no sign of it being processed on my account. I rang on Sunday as I needed some good news because the upstairs flat's water tank burst (and I had been awakened by the Fire Brigade at 2.00...... these things never happen in the day time do they?) and I got some damage so was royally p****d off not to mention super-stressed. They said stock should be in within a few days but we are now 5 days on.

Mine arrived yesterday. A quick sniff and I was unimpressed, two of them seemed to have very little scent. I am sending back, as I had forgotten the AD and I have Yankee candles coming out of my ear holes so can't justify keeping, even if I liked them. Used to be I'd say oh it's only 30 odd quid can't be bothered but I'm not going to do that any more, it soon adds up !

Has anyone received the July AD yet? It was due around 9th July according to my trusty spreadsheet. There is no sign of it being processed on my account. I rang on Sunday as I needed some good news because the upstairs flat's water tank burst (and I had been awakened by the Fire Brigade at 2.00...... these things never happen in the day time do they?) and I got some damage so was royally p****d off not to mention super-stressed. They said stock should be in within a few days but we are now 5 days on.

Yikes, sorry to hear that Mazza, hope the damage wasn't too extensive and the water tank has stopped leaking? I hate anything like that, so stressful especially getting woken up so early :(

Yikes, sorry to hear that Mazza, hope the damage wasn't too extensive and the water tank has stopped leaking? I hate anything like that, so stressful especially getting woken up so early :(

Best wishes from me, too, Mazza. Water damage can be terrible - I hope they contained the leak very quickly.

And I hope your candles weren't damaged!

Latest posts

Back