£12.98 for 2 microfibre cloths!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just saw J. Kabler touting 2 microfibre cloths for £12.98 + P&P. The premise was that they can remove make-up without cleanser - which it seems they can.

I do wonder how those particular microfibre cloths compare with the ones I buy from Amazon to clean my vehicles? (My Clay Roberts" cloths cost a few quid for six).

OK with QVC they are throwing in a mini mascara, however that product probably cost about £2 to make.

QVC offering = ridiculously overpriced. Just get some cloths from Amazon, ditch the overpriced micellar water and job done!

NOT Microfibre,they release tiny fibres of plastic into the water and oceans and then into fish and other sea creatures. Nothing wrong with using cotton flannels to remove makeup and use old towels on your car..

Just saw J. Kabler touting 2 microfibre cloths for £12.98 + P&P. The premise was that they can remove make-up without cleanser - which it seems they can.

I do wonder how those particular microfibre cloths compare with the ones I buy from Amazon to clean my vehicles? (My Clay Roberts" cloths cost a few quid for six).

OK with QVC they are throwing in a mini mascara, however that product probably cost about £2 to make.

QVC offering = ridiculously overpriced. Just get some cloths from Amazon, ditch the overpriced micellar water and job done!

If you want microfibre make-up remover cloths, get to primark. You can get them for a fraction of what QVC charge.

NOT Microfibre,they release tiny fibres of plastic into the water and oceans and then into fish and other sea creatures. Nothing wrong with using cotton flannels to remove makeup and use old towels on your car..

Gosh I never knew that. I'm going to try towels / flannels on the vehicles and see how it goes.

Gosh I never knew that. I'm going to try towels / flannels on the vehicles and see how it goes.

It's about the structure of the material, J. I did some time with a scandi cleaning goods manufacturer (excellent quality stuff) & they had microfibre when it was a new thing, in the late 90's. Towels/flannels will work, but check that they have a looped cotton fabric, or lots of tiny ticklers - a bit like taste buds or sea sucky creatures.

With (old school) towels, the loops do the work that the ticklers do on the microfibre, breaking & lifting & getting in to the dirt, in the same way that cats tongues do. Torn up towels are great, but just watch out for lint bits on your car....

The real pros cleaned cars & windows with non tap water.....

Last edited:
It's about the structure of the material, J. I did some time with a scandi cleaning goods manufacturer (excellent quality stuff) & they had microfibre when it was a new thing, in the late 90's. Towels/flannels will work, but check that they have a looped cotton fabric, or lots of tiny ticklers - a bit like taste buds or sea sucky creatures.

With (old school) towels, the loops do the work that the ticklers do on the microfibre, breaking & lifting & getting in to the dirt, in the same way that cats tongues do. Torn up towels are great, but just watch out for lint bits on your car....

The real pros cleaned cars & windows with non tap water.....

It all seems so complicated! For years I've been using microfibre cloths and a natural waterless cleaner made from coconuts. Much of the bodywork on my main car is plastic (Smart ForTwo) with just the tridion safety cell being metal, so it's quite resilient. I also use microfibre cloths to clean the aeroplane I fly twice a month (but don't own). The plane has to be sprayed with water and an aviation pre-cleaner first, then some other products. The owner, Salim, is very fussy about the paintwork yet has never objected to me using m cloths.

All acrylic, polyester and microfibre are bad for the ocean. I didn't know about all this until recently.

The real pros cleaned cars & windows with non tap water.....[/Q

Our window cleaner and the guy who valets our car both use distilled or deionised water,not sure which one.

Last edited:
You can still use microfibre - I saw a bag advertised that catches the bits when they're in the washer the other day. Maybe in Lakeland?

At least with the microfibre cloths there's no plastic packaging to get rid of. Although I do agree that a good cotton cloth can do the job (maybe not quite as well. though - waterproof mascara doesn't come off unless I rub a lot or use cleanser with it).

Anyone else noticed there's more and more packaging that can't be recycled these days?

Hmm... I just posted about that bag to stick your fleece in to watch, then looked at SCW's OTO that has a CZ bedding set.

I'm never going to get my CZ bedding in that bag :doh:

What to do? Save the planet by washing on 30 and line-drying even in the winter (which I couldn't with cotton), or kill the sea life?

I was feeling pretty smug about stop using micro-bead products years before they were banned, too. What next?

I have a microfibre hair towel a brand called Aquis bought last century. It does not have any fibre things and has a strange feel to it, but boy does it really help dry your hair. Now when I bought it was expensive over £20+ but I still use it. Then spotted one in TKMaxx a few years back and bought it. The original one feels slightly thicker. All I will say wash them a quick spin and both dry in about 20 minutes. I use Bamboo face cloths.

The mascara QVC are giving is a mini Benefit one, I have seen these for sale for around £8.

You can still use microfibre - I saw a bag advertised that catches the bits when they're in the washer the other day. Maybe in Lakeland?

At least with the microfibre cloths there's no plastic packaging to get rid of. Although I do agree that a good cotton cloth can do the job (maybe not quite as well. though - waterproof mascara doesn't come off unless I rub a lot or use cleanser with it).

Anyone else noticed there's more and more packaging that can't be recycled these days?

Thanks for the info about the bag Alter. Hubby and I have a fleece each but no other microfibre,will keep an eye out in Lakeland. I have started using the market again for fruit and veg as they use brown paper bags which are recycled.

I buy towelling face cloths from Home Bargains and use them for removing makeup or cleanser. They`re only 49p each and I stick them in the washing machine with my towels. They sell thicker facecloths which are about 69p but I find the thinner ones work better for removing cleanser. I also like the SBC shammys but I find they don`t last very long especially if like me you`re forever washing them, they start splitting so I haven`t bought anymore. I`ve tried the bamboo cloths, they`re ok but no better than the Home Bargains facecloths.
I`ve always used old towels or old tea towels for cleaning because it`s what my Mum used to do. I cut them into various sizes for various jobs. Waste not want not !

I buy towelling face cloths from Home Bargains and use them for removing makeup or cleanser. They`re only 49p each and I stick them in the washing machine with my towels. They sell thicker facecloths which are about 69p but I find the thinner ones work better for removing cleanser. I also like the SBC shammys but I find they don`t last very long especially if like me you`re forever washing them, they start splitting so I haven`t bought anymore. I`ve tried the bamboo cloths, they`re ok but no better than the Home Bargains facecloths.
I`ve always used old towels or old tea towels for cleaning because it`s what my Mum used to do. I cut them into various sizes for various jobs. Waste not want not !

Yes mum used to do the same with old towels. I use face cloths for washing my face. Rinse it out well dry on the radiator, winter, on the line spring onwards,although,washing been dried outside on and off this year.

I do just the same re cutting old towels.....Or my Mom cuts them up & gives them to me! Towels cut up for flannels are V good too, just have to watch out when I line dry....My neighbour is the washing line police & comments on my laundry.....and it's beautifully hung (i have to make sure) & clean!

Last edited:
I do just the same re cutting old towels.....Or my Mom cuts them up & gives them to me! Towels cut up for flannels are V good too, just have to watch out when I line dry....My neighbour is the washing line police & comments on my laundry.....and it's beautifully hung (i have to make sure) & clean!
:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back