H by Halston TSV 16/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H by Halston Trim Detail Cap Sleeve V Neck Top
Item Number: 170440
QVC Price £33.00
Todays Special Value Price £21.96
P&P £3.95

This versatile H by Halston T-shirt features a V-neckline, short sleeves with extended shoulders and a curved hemline with side vents, finished off with a stylish trim at the neckline, shoulders and hemline. Create a host of chic looks with this wardrobe staple that's perfect for spring and summer.

Style it your way - this easy-to-wear design can be worn casually with boyfriend jeans and trainers or you can dress it up with a smart blazer or duster jacket for an evening occasion.

The choice is yours - take your pick from five gorgeous colours, including classic Black or Heather Grey and fresh Peach, Heather White or Heather Dusk Blue which are perfect for spring.

Centre front seam
95% viscose, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Peach
Heather Grey
Heather White
Heather Dusk Blue

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 93.9cm (37"), S: 99.1cm (39"), M: 101.6cm (41"), L: 110.5cm (43.5"), XL: 118.1cm (46.5"), 2XL: 129.5cm (51"), 3XL: 139.7cm (55")
Length: XS: 64.8cm (25.5"), S: 65.5cm (25.8"), M: 66cm (26"), L: 67.1cm (26.4"), XL: 68.1cm (26.8"), 2XL: 72.4cm (28.5"), 3XL: 74.6cm (29.4")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.170440

I made myself a very similar top yesterday. (The first time I've sewed anything since I got the almost pup two years ago!)
Mine has a crew neckline though, and is a nice patterned jersey from deep in my fabric stash. Took me about 90 mins from deciding on and cutting out the pattern, and did not cost anywhere near the price Q are charging for this one.
Incidentally, these are not cap sleeves, they are 'grown on' sleeves, the sleeve is part of the 2 main pattern pieces. Ridiculously easy to make if any of you are handy with a sewing machine or (my preference) overlocker.
https://www.simplicitynewlook.com/6217

its my favourite range qvc do. have loads and the quality is superb. some items i have are at least four years old when the brand was launched. great if you are a larger lady to its current and stylish without being overdone. not lacey or frilly. quite clean. good fabrication (pmsl)

The trouble with sleeves like that is, if you're bigger busted and need a larger size to accommodate, the "designers" must think the bigger your chest is, the fatter your arms must be, must grow in unison, end result being a gapping big gap under your arm pit showing off everything you've got underneath, and I mean everything.

I made myself a very similar top yesterday. (The first time I've sewed anything since I got the almost pup two years ago!)
Mine has a crew neckline though, and is a nice patterned jersey from deep in my fabric stash. Took me about 90 mins from deciding on and cutting out the pattern, and did not cost anywhere near the price Q are charging for this one.
Incidentally, these are not cap sleeves, they are 'grown on' sleeves, the sleeve is part of the 2 main pattern pieces. Ridiculously easy to make if any of you are handy with a sewing machine or (my preference) overlocker.
https://www.simplicitynewlook.com/6217

i used to sew and when i was too busy i had stuff made. nice pattern you can get loads of looks

The trouble with sleeves like that is, if you're bigger busted and need a larger size to accommodate, the "designers" must think the bigger your chest is, the fatter your arms must be, must grow in unison, end result being a gapping big gap under your arm pit showing off everything you've got underneath, and I mean everything.

I find that it's one extreme or the other. Either we have pipecleaner arms or we have tree trunk arms!!! We can't win!

The fabric looks very thin and the fit looks odd. For £25 incl delivery I reckon nicer/better quality t shirts could be found elsewhere.

The usual swinging forward at the front.If you order one of these & it is without sewing/fabric faults then you have hit the jackpot.Puckered seams,stretched armholes,the neck trim on the sample Claire is holding is twisted.Pick-a-Lily go & supervise the production line & quality control!

It's a nice enough design but I bought an almost identical top from M&S, £12 full price - £26 total for this is a rip off

It's a nice enough design but I bought an almost identical top from M&S, £12 full price - £26 total for this is a rip off

I was going to say similar - any of the supermarkets could offer similar for less than what QVC price their "cheaper" items!

It's because the manufacturers just grade up a standard 'block' by adding, say, half an inch all round for each size increment. Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that you soon get a disproportionate size of neckline, shoulder and armhole with that formula, and the apex (bust point) very quickly distorts.
Proper designers use a plus size 'block' for larger sizes, and add the extra ease only where it's needed.
The good thing about being able to sew your own is that you can work out your 'usual' fitting issues and adapt your pattern to get a perfect fit.

I was going to say similar - any of the supermarkets could offer similar for less than what QVC price their "cheaper" items!

Herein lies a problem for QVC. In my experience supermarkets Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco have reasonable quality every day clothing for half the Q prices. OK, not designer and not ‘exclusive’ but given a choice of 2 similar garments I would go to the supermarket.

Herein lies a problem for QVC. In my experience supermarkets Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco have reasonable quality every day clothing for half the Q prices. OK, not designer and not ‘exclusive’ but given a choice of 2 similar garments I would go to the supermarket.[

I have ordered some tops from Matalan, click and collect, decent quality, no p & p.and I can try them on in-store and get my money back straightaway if I don't like them. This TSV is not worth £25 imo.

Note to QVC—- realise you are not competitive in so many ways and do urgent research into how the average customer likes to shop these days! Not rocket science is It!?

Latest posts

Back