Habitat Launches 10/10/18 at 5pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thats odd what are they going to sell through Qvc

Looking at their pages on Argos website I think it'll be stuff very similar to Bundleberry. Back in the day I had some high quality items from Habitat, my favourite being an Acorn lamp - opaque glass dome shade on a circular pine base. It moved house with us, took many different bulbs of different colours to match different rooms & became our younger daughter's night light. I know it's in a box somewhere, time to see if it still works. I saw your post about Laura Ashley closing their Westfield store, I loved all my LA clothes & it broke my heart when she died. I'm not especially nostalgic but shopping was so much better before greed & globalisation swallowed up all the companies started by people with ideas & passion.

most Laura Ashley furniture is made in India. in fact its Indian owned.the quality is not bad but the lead times are long as it shipped over. its my fav brand for decades now but I am crafty and shop when I can get 70/80% off. plus some stores always have a clearance area

QVC are going to have to change their "you won't find this on the High Street.." mantra now that they are selling so much of it! I personally don't see the point of buying a high street brand through Q..especially after deriding them for years. My money goes to that brand directly and help keep hardworking shop staff in their jobs, hopefully, for a bit longer.

most Laura Ashley furniture is made in India. in fact its Indian owned.the quality is not bad but the lead times are long as it shipped over. its my fav brand for decades now but I am crafty and shop when I can get 70/80% off. plus some stores always have a clearance area

It's dead cheap to have stuff made in India, even decent quality stuff.....
I can see LA having problems in the future - just look at John Lewis.....such a shame about the demise of the DHS....& yet we are all responsible for it.

Looking at their pages on Argos website I think it'll be stuff very similar to Bundleberry. Back in the day I had some high quality items from Habitat, my favourite being an Acorn lamp - opaque glass dome shade on a circular pine base. It moved house with us, took many different bulbs of different colours to match different rooms & became our younger daughter's night light. I know it's in a box somewhere, time to see if it still works. I saw your post about Laura Ashley closing their Westfield store, I loved all my LA clothes & it broke my heart when she died. I'm not especially nostalgic but shopping was so much better before greed & globalisation swallowed up all the companies started by people with ideas & passion.

I had 3 of those lamps, bought in their Tottenham Court Rd store. I sold them on EBay 30 years later for £80 each.

just bought an amazing all crystal chandelier from LA was £275 for £100. I cannot describe how beautiful it makes the room look

I loved Habitat back in the early 70’s.They launched a catalogue & I could buy furniture & homewear that appealed to we youngsters at the time. Otherwise it was furniture that our parents would choose.It was all delivered too.I still have a basket chair from that time, it has been lined up for the tip (recycling) many times but can’t part with it.Habitat was a real revolution in it’s day.

just bought an amazing all crystal chandelier from LA was £275 for £100. I cannot describe how beautiful it makes the room look

I am a real Laura Ashley fan, have furniture,curtains, lighting.They always have things reduced so never pay the ‘full’ price.I do hope they keep going.Isee they have a couple of Hotels now all furnished ¥with LA of course!

Happy memories of Habitat when I was growing up, our whole house was furnished from there. It might have been the Kings Road branch, sure it had a cafe in the middle. Remember being in charge of carrying a Chicken Brick home which I managed to smash en route.

I still have a few Days Forum sofas in use and a 70's sofa stored in the loft.

I was looking at the other Laura Ashley hotel I think the Bellfield near Lake Windermere?

Happy memories of Habitat when I was growing up, our whole house was furnished from there. It might have been the Kings Road branch, sure it had a cafe in the middle. Remember being in charge of carrying a Chicken Brick home which I managed to smash en route.

I still have a few Days Forum sofas in use and a 70's sofa stored in the loft.

Oh the chicken brick! Never had one myself.I used to head for Tottenham Court Rd. when in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d forgotten about Laura Ashley, thanks for the reminder. I’m planning to ‘do up’my home over the next 18 months, using my late Mum’s inheritance but I’ve lost track of the sort of look I want, and don’t want to waste Mum’s money.

I’d forgotten about Laura Ashley, thanks for the reminder. I’m planning to ‘do up’my home over the next 18 months, using my late Mum’s inheritance but I’ve lost track of the sort of look I want, and don’t want to waste Mum’s money.

What a lovely way to remember your Mum.Happy shopping!

always wait for the 60% or even more sale. sadly most of the stores are closing but if you can get to a store that has bits n bobs you might need there are huge savings to be made. and the quality is lovely.

always wait for the 60% or even more sale. sadly most of the stores are closing but if you can get to a store that has bits n bobs you might need there are huge savings to be made. and the quality is lovely.
They are always on sale or so it seems.I hope they do not ‘disappear’ as I think they bring a different look in furnishings to the High Street.It is difficult with furniture to actually see the product you are interested in & I have been on a tour of several stores to track something down.If you phone them they should be able to tell you which store have stock.

Latest posts

Back