Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He seems to be getting worse, on the watch hour last night he asked the producer/cameraman something along the lines of...... 'can you come close to me deep inside................this watch'

At one point Caroline Garrard was trying to talk about the watch and he was bellowing 'I LOVE THIS.......I LOVE IT'....and she had to ask him if she could just say a few more things about the watch!

As the pressure mounts to sell items, inevitably standards begin to slip as a result of desperation. We've seen it all before with Bid TV of course, and QVC will also follow suit unless they close down their TV operations at some point to concentrate on online selling. (But success isn't guaranteed with that strategy either.)

Can't watch Ideal World at the moment, my recordable device is taping two different programmes, and I am watching a Taggart I taped the other day. I'll have to wait for my stuff to stop taping before I can watch.

PS - I shouldn't think I'm missing much...

Can't watch Ideal World at the moment, my recordable device is taping two different programmes, and I am watching a Taggart I taped the other day. I'll have to wait for my stuff to stop taping before I can watch.

PS - I shouldn't think I'm missing much...

You've only missed De Knees doing the cruise show tonight instead of Nanty. I used to like watching holiday features but Ideal World's cruise show has never had much appeal to me even for so-called "hate-watching".

Ooh, that was different, never seen De Knees do that show!

They even made a joke along the lines of Shaun looking rather feminine tonight. Glenn was the "cruise expert" incase you were wondering, and a quick look at the schedule reveals no Nanty for the rest of the week so he must be on holiday. Wonder if he's on a cruise ship :mysmilie_59:

I know its all been said before.

But honestly this current hour with Peter Simon is beyond pathetic, IW really have to have a strong word with him and themselves.

Within 5 minutes he said "My pussy is on its last legs" "I have heard adrenalin is brown" "He likes my P" Seriously how does he get work anywhere????? All the time he has had his leg up on the counter rubbing his nips with his tounge hanging out and mouth wide open licking his lips.

Its really all about him, as long as he sells thats obviously all IW are interested in, he cant EVER give a straight full detailed price of an item or a description of an item

By the way he is selling a washing liquid for work tops, carpets etc. but hell owe would never know that with what I have written above, hes just said 2 £10's and a £5 pound! What the hell is going? thats not even the correct price.

He gets away with bullturd day after day, I'm fed up with his antics, ASA here I come.

He is absolutely repulsive in my opinion.I can only think he gets away with it because he knows people 'in the business'.Much like other disgusting old b*******in the media.He turns my very strong stomach. Bluuggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote from mr tom:

"I find Lynn very smug.no elaborate reasoning... just smug."

I thought I was the only person who had a downer on Our Lyn(ne).She was ok when she just modelled the polyesterwear but now she has a voice she has become .......yes smug.An expert presenter on par with the others.Though for this channel that's not really saying much is it?

They even made a joke along the lines of Shaun looking rather feminine tonight. Glenn was the "cruise expert" incase you were wondering, and a quick look at the schedule reveals no Nanty for the rest of the week so he must be on holiday. Wonder if he's on a cruise ship :mysmilie_59:

A cruise expert? Unfortunately I am getting the wrong idea here...

As regards Dirty Pete's act of behaving like a dirty old man, in this current climate of police investigations into public figures and historic sexual abuse, I wouldn't act the way that he does.

Perhaps Lynn has started believing the carp that Dirty Peter says about her, such as being the face 'of all the top fashion mags'?

But don't forget he also says* that he has been in the fashion business for 893 years.

In fact in one of his more exotic blurtings he claimed that LITTLE GOLLUM had been up for a Variety Club of Great Britain Award :mysmilie_15:

Variety? That schmo is the personification of a one trick pony, and a pretty plop one at that :mysmilie_59:

*of course this is an exaggeration, for demonstration purposes. However, I think it's fair to say that over the years we have all become accustomed to taking anything that Peter Simon says with a rather large pinch of salt

IMG_0057.JPG

I hadn't heard this tall tale before..........Perv said he was working with Liberace in Las Vegas a few years ago :mysmilie_8:

A few years ago? Liberace died over 30 years ago :mysmilie_19:

Maybe it was a tribute act? Dirty Peter also has a tribute act.

His own act, and it ain't much of a tribute :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPG

A few years ago? Liberace died over 30 years ago :mysmilie_19:

Maybe it was a tribute act? Dirty Peter also has a tribute act.

His own act, and it ain't much of a tribute :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 14061View attachment 14062

Perhaps he thinks we can't look up the year that he died. If he had been working with Liberace in Las Vegas it is quite a come down now!

Perhaps he thinks we can't look up the year that he died. If he had been working with Liberace in Las Vegas it is quite a come down now!

Oh Muttley, I doubt he'd get a part in a Panto in Pontefract.

Walter Mitty ain't in it :mysmilie_59:

Perhaps Lynn has started believing the carp that Dirty Peter says about her, such as being the face 'of all the top fashion mags'?

But don't forget he also says* that he has been in the fashion business for 893 years.

In fact in one of his more exotic blurtings he claimed that LITTLE GOLLUM had been up for a Variety Club of Great Britain Award :mysmilie_15:

Variety? That schmo is the personification of a one trick pony, and a pretty plop one at that :mysmilie_59:

*of course this is an exaggeration, for demonstration purposes. However, I think it's fair to say that over the years we have all become accustomed to taking anything that Peter Simon says with a rather large pinch of salt

View attachment 14060

I recall an occasion when he mentioned Genevieve in the context of a Bafta, before quickly qualifying the statement by uttering, "Not only a Bafta attendee". What he was really referring to was her attendance at the Primetime Emmy Awards in America, which is a backslapping event for prime time television actors. Taking time off from his busy schedule as a hoover, heater and garden tent demonstrator, part time actor Mr Vol Au Vent must have received complimentary tickets for the Emmys, allowing him and Genevieve to mix with the glitterati of American television.

Such an event was bound to make waves at Ideal (being almost equivalent to winning an Oscar) and it is understandable if there was a misunderstanding about the exact nature of the event-especially with Peter Simon.

I recall an occasion when he mentioned Genevieve in the context of a Bafta, before quickly qualifying the statement by uttering, "Not only a Bafta attendee". What he was really referring to was her attendance at the Primetime Emmy Awards in America, which is a backslapping event for prime time television actors. Taking time off from his busy schedule as a hoover, heater and garden tent demonstrator, part time actor Mr Vol Au Vent must have received complimentary tickets for the Emmys, allowing him and Genevieve to mix with the glitterati of American television.

Such an event was bound to make waves at Ideal (being almost equivalent to winning an Oscar) and it is understandable if there was a misunderstanding about the exact nature of the event-especially with Peter Simon.

They were probably the people that sit in the chairs while the ''stars'' are on the toilet (so the room doesn't look empty on tv)

Dirty Peter is a Star.

Not only from his appearance on Bake Off, not only to being asked to go in the Jungle. He also once said that he's friends with Rod Stewart.

With his showbiz connections maybe he did work with Liberace? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0060.JPGIMG_0040.JPG

Dirty Peter is a Star.

Not only from his appearance on Bake Off, not only to being asked to go in the Jungle. He also once said that he's friends with Rod Stewart.

With his showbiz connections maybe he did work with Liberace? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 14068View attachment 14069

As Pete has such expertise in the area of jewellery could it be possible that he learned all of this from working as an 'assistant'to Lib'?Handling his jewells and his signature ring?He could also have hidden musical talents we are yet to witness.

Attachments

• images-5.jpeg
    images-5.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 101
  • images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 110
  • images-4.jpeg
    images-4.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Just a small thing, but amused me nonetheless. Gollum shilling something or other the other day..."I've been doing this long enough to know this is going to sell out before the end of the show."

End of the show comes around "this item will be back on the 9pm show" :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back