Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently there was an argument then everyone was removed from the group overnight. If the admin had had enough then why not just hand the group over to someone else rather than removing over a 1000 people and closing the group. But then the admin was very precious about it being his group.

Apparently there was an argument then everyone was removed from the group overnight. If the admin had had enough then why not just hand the group over to someone else rather than removing over a 1000 people and closing the group. But then the admin was very precious about it being his group.

"being his group" ah yes, now it makes sense, well I say "sense" there's absolutely no sense in being obsessed about a shopping channel.

This is kinda along the same lines of this thread but slightly to 'one side', in that it is about Social Media but not this topic (I didn't think what I am about to say warranted a new thread), just watching High Tech toys now on Q (white noise only) and Debbie who as we all know is really really 'quiet' social media wise!! She just stated that the acronym OH meant 'Old Husband', well that is news to me I always (and know factually that this is correct), that it stands for 'Other Half', now I suppose it could have a dual meaning, but 99% of the population I am sure would agree with me (for once)!!

This is kinda along the same lines of this thread but slightly to 'one side', in that it is about Social Media but not this topic (I didn't think what I am about to say warranted a new thread), just watching High Tech toys now on Q (white noise only) and Debbie who as we all know is really really 'quiet' social media wise!! She just stated that the acronym OH meant 'Old Husband', well that is news to me I always (and know factually that this is correct), that it stands for 'Other Half', now I suppose it could have a dual meaning, but 99% of the population I am sure would agree with me (for once)!!

I agree, I always though OH stood for "other half"

You have to be very careful with these shortened meanings. I once commented on someone`s facebook thread and saying something along the lines of agreeing with the OP but he took great offence, gave me a load of verbal online abuse because he thought my writing OP was calling him an old person. He was really nasty too and when other posters explained that OP wasn`t a derogatory term and actually meant opening post or opening poster, he didn`t even have the manners to apologise.

You have to be very careful with these shortened meanings. I once commented on someone`s facebook thread and saying something along the lines of agreeing with the OP but he took great offence, gave me a load of verbal online abuse because he thought my writing OP was calling him an old person. He was really nasty too and when other posters explained that OP wasn`t a derogatory term and actually meant opening post or opening poster, he didn`t even have the manners to apologise.

Ha ha! Well, I shouldn't laugh because the 'Orrible Person sounds very unpleasant and you definitely didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of his nastiness. You do have to be careful, as you say.

I actually thought OP meant Original Post/Poster but same general meaning anyway.

Will she be copyrighting the term now?

Hey, don't give her ideas, I mean there is an 'outside chance' that she or her 'on-screen hubby' reads this site, thus she may actually think about doing an 'alternative SM (Social Media, before anyone gets any other ideas of the possible meaning of SM) acronym guide and flogging it, as a book 'what I wrote'!

Ooh I think I was one of the people who set him right - he was that chap getting progressively more and more irate about the lack of mens' clothing on Q, right? He got his undercrackers in a right twist over OP!!!!

Ooh I think I was one of the people who set him right - he was that chap getting progressively more and more irate about the lack of mens' clothing on Q, right? He got his undercrackers in a right twist over OP!!!!

Oh yes that was the guy !
He was obnoxious but he`s kept a low profile ever since.

My big brother was under the impressed LOL stood for Lots Of Love! The boo boos he made replying to people and had no idea until I said er, its Laughing Out Loud.
he's got company on that one. David Cameron used it to sign off on emails thinking it was short for lots of love too.
The only one on QVC who gets any credit for an acronym is Catherine Huntley: DHS for dreaded high street. She spawned it rather than using it, I think. Most amusing that DF, QVC Queen of social media doesn't know OH. Definitely still not over her former marriage. It must have been a painful, difficult breakup, and she has my sympathy if so. Personal relationships affect everyone differently, especially when they fail. What I have less sympathy with is publicising it so much, as she has done over the years. It would be better to get some real help overcoming a traumatic event rather than social media therapy, in my opinion (IMO).

So, someone has spotted the pushing of Catherine the model being micro phoned up. Why is one model always being pushed and asked her opinion, she is not a presenter.

Josie Maran is making a few return requests lately. It did start back last year. One very determined poster has been posting over the past month. When is the brand coming back, so last week she asked again and got the pat 'We will contact the buyers and come back to you', yet again. So she is now saying they are suppose to ask and get back to her but nothing. One poster has politely not in so many words told her, your requests are going into a black hole and forgot about. Also now looks unlikely the brand will come back to QVC UK.

I do wonder why these people just do not get the hint? You ask twice and get the pat reply and no answer, you are not going to get one.

Oh ye gods!!! Someone complaining about the lack of joy and wonder for the Christmas In July crap day. She wants jolly jolly presenters getting excited about the products etc. She takes the day off work every year just for this special QVC day!!!! :puke: Another is saying they should be playing Xmas jingles.

Good grief, I'm avoiding Q like the plague today. What is wrong with some people, I despair I really do.

IT'S THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER!! sorry for shouting.

Latest posts

Back