Yankee Candle TSV 17/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Devastated to discover that the new UK scents (i.e. this TSV) won't be appearing in melt cup form so I'm definitely regretting not getting the TSV big time

:mysmilie_512:

Devastated to discover that the new UK scents (i.e. this TSV) won't be appearing in melt cup form so I'm definitely regretting not getting the TSV big time

Ah, I'm sure they'll be available on offer in the coming months. And at least you'll get chance to try them individually to see which you really want, rather than be stuck with less liked ones. Remember the fate argument.

You can put two tarts or one votive in an empty melt cup and that works well :)

OH MY GOD, thanks so much for that Ellaaa, of course I can do that, DOH! Devastation averted...overreaction, moi?!

Don't worry Tarketta, I've been there! When I got my scenterpiece one of my fave fragrances wasn't sold in melt cup format and I was gutted (as I think my scenterpiece has been one of my best purchases for years), so I decided to give the "two tart" method a go, and it worked!

Don't worry Tarketta, I've been there! When I got my scenterpiece one of my fave fragrances wasn't sold in melt cup format and I was gutted (as I think my scenterpiece has been one of my best purchases for years), so I decided to give the "two tart" method a go, and it worked!

Totally agree with you re the scenterpieces - I managed to bag a couple more on sale after Xmas and slowly but surely they're replacing my candles (slowly being the key word!) so this is a great idea as some of my melt cups have definitely run out of steam so I'll get me some 'two-tarts' so I can enjoy these new fragrances - thanks again!

At the risk of over-doing it, having just posted the same in the New Yankee Guest thread and in Reasons NOT To Buy From QVC), they have 50% off ALL Yankees in Clintons stores at the moment. Sadly, my local store tends to stock mainly the old favourites - they do get one or two from the new ranges but I was sad not to see any from the Coastal Living yet as I want to sniff those before my Advance Order is shipped. They probably wouldn't bring them out while the offer's on.

I'll shut up about the offer now!

My Clintons is the same Andi, largely selling old favourites and very, very few wax melts. As you said elsethread, the amount of space given over to YC has certainly dwindled and in mine YC have been moved from a nice central stand to being squashed in a difficult to access couple of shelves. The NICE stand now holds their own/a cheaper brand. And yet on the site they have a picture of a pukka YC store.... do they run those in conjunction with YC????

My Clintons is the same Andi, largely selling old favourites and very, very few wax melts. As you said elsethread, the amount of space given over to YC has certainly dwindled and in mine YC have been moved from a nice central stand to being squashed in a difficult to access couple of shelves. The NICE stand now holds their own/a cheaper brand. And yet on the site they have a picture of a pukka YC store.... do they run those in conjunction with YC????

It's odd, Mazza. At my Clinton's, they used to have what looked like the "treasure wall" shelf units they talk about. They now just have a low-level unit, admittedly quite close to the door, but it's only Yankee one side and the other side are the own-brand candles you mention. I don't know how much control Yankee have over Clintons or any other shops that stock the ranges.

Drat! I've just realised in the shop they had a gift set of tea lights in a tin - quite dear for less than a standard box of TLs, even at half-price, so I didn't linger over it - but I'm having a flashback and I think the label said Coastal Living! I could have sniffed those so I'll have to try again tomorrow!

At the risk of over-doing it, having just posted the same in the New Yankee Guest thread and in Reasons NOT To Buy From QVC), they have 50% off ALL Yankees in Clintons stores at the moment. Sadly, my local store tends to stock mainly the old favourites - they do get one or two from the new ranges but I was sad not to see any from the Coastal Living yet as I want to sniff those before my Advance Order is shipped. They probably wouldn't bring them out while the offer's on.

I'll shut up about the offer now!

I got the email about this and was immensely relieved to see it was in-store only as I don't have a Clintons anywhere near me and am clinging on to what's left of my willpower, phew!!!!!

Does make me wonder if they're going to stop selling them in-store and they want to get rid of their stock?

I got the email about this and was immensely relieved to see it was in-store only as I don't have a Clintons anywhere near me and am clinging on to what's left of my willpower, phew!!!!!

Does make me wonder if they're going to stop selling them in-store and they want to get rid of their stock?

I was the opposite, Tarketta - I knew that online they would sell out too quickly! I should be thinking like you though - relieved when I can't buy, not when I can!

Yes, at first I thought maybe they are selling off the older ranges which every shop sells to make way for all the new ones. Then I thought are they going to stop selling Yankees altogether? I think it's unlikely but it seriously looks that way. Nobody has half-price sales of everything, especially this time of year.

I was the opposite, Tarketta - I knew that online they would sell out too quickly! I should be thinking like you though - relieved when I can't buy, not when I can!

Yes, at first I thought maybe they are selling off the older ranges which every shop sells to make way for all the new ones. Then I thought are they going to stop selling Yankees altogether? I think it's unlikely but it seriously looks that way. Nobody has half-price sales of everything, especially this time of year.

I had a whisper of regret but it soon passed...maybe I have finally broken the back of my candle habit!!!!!

Well hopefully they'll keep YC in the warehouse and online as it must be a money spinner for them that way, but in store I've rarely seen people buying them???

I had a whisper of regret but it soon passed...maybe I have finally broken the back of my candle habit!!!!!

Well hopefully they'll keep YC in the warehouse and online as it must be a money spinner for them that way, but in store I've rarely seen people buying them???

Actually, there are nearly always people looking at the candles in the shop here but I'm not sure how many get bought at full price now I think about it.

Actually, there are nearly always people looking at the candles in the shop here but I'm not sure how many get bought at full price now I think about it.

Never mind the exorbitant full prices, I think the weight of them puts people off plus I'm not sure how widely known Yankee Candle is outside of QVC/their loyal fan base in the UK

Just to say, I popped back to Clintons today and two assistants were busy re-stocking, now on both sides of the unit. They were certainly selling really well. They have brought out some newer ones (Cherry Blossom was there for the first time, and they had more Coastal Living gift sets). I asked an assistant if they were selling them off because they are discontinuing the range - she said definitely not. As I walked back past the shop 40 mins later, one of the poor girls was still unpacking boxes onto the shelves.

Maybe Clinton's do what a normal retailer should do? You know... shift older stock at decent reductions while the reduction might still leave some profit for the retailer? Rather than waiting until the stock has been on the shelves for multiple years!!!

QVC look and learn!

Well I had a bad attack of DHS syndrome as my candles were heavy! As usual a very piddling selection but I still managed to buy five jars at half price. Clean Cotton, Peony, Fresh Cut Roses, Sicilian Lemon and Black Coconut to go into the daytime stash which I usually fill with WJ jars. The new fragrances were only in votive or tealight format, except for a gift set of three small ones. Very pretty and great if looking for a half price gift. Had it not been for AndiK I would never have noticed though. The window had YC in it and there were big Mothers' Day posters but the YC offer was on a TINY piece of card. Once again the forum strikes! Thanks Andi..

:mysmilie_59:

Well I had a bad attack of DHS syndrome as my candles were heavy! As usual a very piddling selection but I still managed to buy five jars at half price. Clean Cotton, Peony, Fresh Cut Roses, Sicilian Lemon and Black Coconut to go into the daytime stash which I usually fill with WJ jars. The new fragrances were only in votive or tealight format, except for a gift set of three small ones. Very pretty and great if looking for a half price gift. Had it not been for AndiK I would never have noticed though. The window had YC in it and there were big Mothers' Day posters but the YC offer was on a TINY piece of card. Once again the forum strikes! Thanks Andi..

:mysmilie_59:

Ah, thanks Mazza. I'm pleased you got those bargains and I'm glad I mentioned (or went on and on about!) the offer now. It's a shame your shop didn't have a more varied range but it's good to buy some basics while they are so cheap. I don't think you can argue with £11.99 for a large jar, can you?

I have never had Sicilian Lemon but was tempted yesterday and would have bought it had they had a large jar, not just medium - can anyone comment on the throw?

Latest posts

Back