Peter Simon - literally gut-wrenching

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Here we go again, Pete (in his shorts) up to his tricks yelling "only £25, only £25", when he knows full well that's only a part-payment on another piece of ruddy fitness equipment (the "plus p & p" gets said very softly, as an afterthought). I don't think the male guest is too amused by the "hilarious" jokes about Australia (and the totally predictable follow-up "he's big Down Under"). Very funny, Pete, soooo hilarious, and we never saw that one coming, did we? The remote went into action when Pete grabbed a handful of his stomach flesh with the camera panning in - there is definitely something not quite right about this man, in my opinion.

Its all so obvious why he is on IW and not plying his trade anywhere else!

Washed out, worn out, never has been, on the employment life support machine in his last minutes before his time is up and then he claims his State Pension, pretty sad way to go out, self inflicted!! Not a bit of sympathy here mind.

At Easter they were selling this Vibrapower with a Bike Box for £190 ish, they claimed the usual price of both was around £400.

So the Vibrapower is now £100 but the Bike Box is currently £190.

What chance the Bike Box goes down next week to £99 but the Vibrapower goes up to £200?

And what chance Ideal World will ever be honest and transparent with their pricing?*:mysmilie_59:

*There's more chance of Old Lizzie telling us what the ludicrous Torricelumn (TM) is

At Easter they were selling this Vibrapower with a Bike Box for £190 ish, they claimed the usual price of both was around £400.

So the Vibrapower is now £100 but the Bike Box is currently £190.

What chance the Bike Box goes down next week to £99 but the Vibrapower goes up to £200?

And what chance Ideal World will ever be honest and transparent with their pricing?*:mysmilie_59:

*There's more chance of Old Lizzie telling us what the ludicrous Torricelumn (TM) is

And they were selling the old Vibrapower model for as little as £50 (plus postage) recently, which again shows just how much profit margin they must have in nearly all of the products they sell. Each item must be worth not much less than a single 'Flexi-pay' payment, so if someone defaults after the first payment usually all of their basic costs are covered.

I mainly watch Create and Craft.

I dont get why the likes of Dean, Andy and Loen are at Create and Craft and IW have presenters who dont seem popular

Create and Craft seem a lot more chilled and have some of the best presenters, Dan being my favourite. I'm not a crafter though, don't think I could afford it, the prices are extortionate!

Said it before and will say it again.

Andy is the only person on the whole of Shopping TV that I would listen to and take notice of, seems the most genuine and down to earth telly sales guy you will get :clapping:

All the others should watch him and take notice and then maybe........just maybe some of the others maybe a bit more likeable.

Create and Craft seem a lot more chilled and have some of the best presenters, Dan being my favourite. I'm not a crafter though, don't think I could afford it, the prices are extortionate!

I do a bit of crafting when time allows and in the past bought stuff from IW/c&c.In the old days when they weren't such a total bunch of a**h****.Anyway,all they seem to sell on C&C now are huge kits,dies,cutting machines.Everything costs a lot.I don't like how many of the presenters announce the C&C club price first either.They assume everyone is in it.Andy doesn't and neither does Nigel.Two presenters that I rate.Always do flexipay properly too.

I do a bit of crafting when time allows and in the past bought stuff from IW/c&c.In the old days when they weren't such a total bunch of a**h****.Anyway,all they seem to sell on C&C now are huge kits,dies,cutting machines.Everything costs a lot.I don't like how many of the presenters announce the C&C club price first either.They assume everyone is in it.Andy doesn't and neither does Nigel.Two presenters that I rate.Always do flexipay properly too.

I'm not into crafting but to this untrained eye the price of dies on IW/C&C are truly eyewatering especially for the Disney/Marvel-branded ones (it's their copyright licensing), and I would imagine that any committed crafter nowadays would go for something like the Scan 'n' Cut machine for ultimate flexibility despite its high purchase price.

I'm personally uncomfortable with the emphasis made by certain craft presentations in relation to making greetings cards; you would have to make/sell a massive number of cards in order to justify/recoup all the investment made in paper/dies/templates/etc. required to make them to an acceptable standard when you can buy a really decent card in a shop for a pound. If you happen to have unusual requirements and/or materials/equipment left over from other projects then fair enough, but actively cajoling people into buying things they actually don't need is morally dubious if nothing else.

The other week they let Peter present a couple of hours on Create and Craft, on Hunkydory hours, yesterday Sally Jacks appeared

I watched a bit of PS presenting .Awful.He was on with a guy doing patchwork quilting and they were selling a cutting machine.Silly innuendos aplenty,a bit of facial twisting ,overexhuberant 'bigging up 'of the machine as though one couldn't possibly survive without it.Amazing how this guy is now a crafting expert.His name should be Jack.

2017-06-09-14-45-24-350344048.jpeg

Last edited:
He's not only gut wrenching, he's toe curling as well, on now with his 'suckerseer' fabric and celebrating the summer of '27'

Him and Sheel thought a top was going to be £35 and they were 'truly shocked' when they found out it was going to be only £17.99. When do they ever have tops for £35?? Reminds him of a well known designer and Sheel knows just who he means.......seen one, you've seen em all :sleepy:

He"s on a two hour fashion show now with Sheel who seems to be egging him on talking about not taking anymore clothes off for him!!! Quite embarrassing !!
His fashion expertise is really wanting as he talks utter rubbish when he's not going on about curvaceous ladies One of today's many shark bites is made of 'sucker seer' don't you know !!! Ten minutes is enough even with the volume down

Latest posts

Back