Cushion Walk PotD

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suz19

Registered Shopper
Dis anyone catch Denise R on this show? She asking the producer - on air - to grab a couple of pairs for her and that she ''had the money in her purse so she could pay it back straight after she comes off air'. Apparently the colours she wanted were about to sell out! So bona fide customers are pushed to the back of the queue so as to allow the presenters to push in. Her excuse was her 'special needs' daughter Laura would be so disappointed! This isn't the first time I've noticed her doing this, shouldn't her bosses be having a word? They're there to sell to the public aren't they? Should have thought presenters'd get first dibs anyway.

They won't have a word because it's a load of bollocks (pardon my French :mysmilie_17:). It's a tactic used over on QVC too, they see what's coming up in the shows briefing and are fully able to purchase what ever they want before it goes to air, so buy begging their mum, sister, husband, friend and producer to buy the item for them, it's then the potential customer is supposed to buy it quick because they're either running out of stock or let's face it, if a presenter wants to buy it, it must be good hey!? What on earth do they take people for? :mysmilie_17:

They won't have a word because it's a load of bollocks (pardon my French :mysmilie_17:). It's a tactic used over on QVC too, they see what's coming up in the shows briefing and are fully able to purchase what ever they want before it goes to air, so buy begging their mum, sister, husband, friend and producer to buy the item for them, it's then the potential customer is supposed to buy it quick because they're either running out of stock or let's face it, if a presenter wants to buy it, it must be good hey!? What on earth do they take people for? :mysmilie_17:

Precisely. Like you ever see any of the female presenters in Ideal fashion when they're not doing these shows.

Q and Ideal do the "Someone buy me one of these [shoes/tops/rings/whatever] lines to death. Gemporia and TJC (as did Bid) do the "Ooh, the producer's decided to take this too low! Buy it quick!" crap in their falling auctions. Presenters prep their shows, so know exactly what price items will be going for.

Dis anyone catch Denise R on this show? She asking the producer - on air - to grab a couple of pairs for her and that she ''had the money in her purse so she could pay it back straight after she comes off air'. Apparently the colours she wanted were about to sell out! So bona fide customers are pushed to the back of the queue so as to allow the presenters to push in. Her excuse was her 'special needs' daughter Laura would be so disappointed! This isn't the first time I've noticed her doing this, shouldn't her bosses be having a word? They're there to sell to the public aren't they? Should have thought presenters'd get first dibs anyway.

Oh please, not the "special needs daughter" again. Low beyond belief.

I suppose a lot of people fall for this scam. Thankfully not all of us so along with it. They know what they are selling in advance and, if they could not put one to one side, could contact appropriate friend, relative, neighbour, vicar, cousin, great-grandmother to watch in half an hour's time and purchase one for them. But then the audience wouldn't know that the product was so amazing that even they were buying it. Not that I'm being cynical...

Dennice does that all the time .im sure its been said on here before she must have a warehouse full of the clothing and shoes /boots she allegedly buys from IW.No one could wear all the stuff she says she buys.

I just roll my eyes when they start with this baloney. They think it's a great sales tool... I just think they look unprofessional: just yet another instance of failing to prepare for the show... :mysmilie_10:

Denneice has precisely ZERO credibility... about buying clothing and shoes she conspicuously never wears unless she's on air selling them... and beauty products that conspicuously have had no effect whatsoever. She can say whatever she likes as there are no before and after shots to demonstrate the miraculous effects of any of the products allegedly used to produce alleged stunning effects on her skin. I know she's a senior presenter in age terms at IW, but at any age I don't think I would aspire to look like her, sorry... and I sincerely hope the disappearing eye look is a product of deepset eyes, pale irises and a horrible execution of the smokey eye look. You can't help your genetic heritage, but the makeup is someone's active and purposeful choice. The only people I can think of who would seriously want to emulate that would be makeup artists on a horror movie.

Last edited:
In the same vein, whenever they do a zhuzh hour, the presenters always appear with a light spray tan, apparently to show how they've been using the product and it's given them a lovely golden glow. The next week, they revert back to their normal pale and pasty selves.

I'm sure she is proud of her daughter but the way she uses her daughter in an obvious way to shill products is plain disgusting in my opinion.

In the same vein, whenever they do a zhuzh hour, the presenters always appear with a light spray tan, apparently to show how they've been using the product and it's given them a lovely golden glow. The next week, they revert back to their normal pale and pasty selves.

I always thought they used the paint sprayer machine they sell to achieve a glow. It would certainly be quicker!

Latest posts

Back