Bose hedphones - best price but old model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've regularly been tempted by the Bose over-ear noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones "Quiet comfort 35" but they've always been too expensive for me at £329.

But now Q is selling them for £69 off at just under £260.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Bose-QuietComf...eless-Headphones.product.508312.html?sc=PSCH&

But on doing some research, and finding that Q had the cheapest price I could find, I discovered that YET AGAIN Q are selling superseded old models of Bose stuff (and of course, they didn't mention this).

Not that there is anything wrong with them, but the Mk2 model has a number of additional features, and they are now £329 on the Bose website. And they have been available for some months too.

So should I or shouldn't I give way to temptation?

That doesn't seem a big discount for a superseded model Alan, but at least Q gives you the chance to try them for a month...I'm not helping much am I?!

I will be ordering tomorrow from them, hence the research to see who had the best deal :)

Was going to order the MK1 but for £20 extra will go for the MK2.

Not sure what qvc offer on MK1 but these have 2 years warranty on them as promotional offer.

Thanks for the info, I have ordered. Hadn't realised about the 2 year warranty so thanks for that info too.

I spoke to Bose with various queries.

I particularly like that you can use a detachable lead to connect to non-Bluetooth sources, and when you plug the lead in, it switches off Bluetooth so it doesn't waste the battery. And on this MK2 you can set the noise reduction to various settings, including off, so if you are in a quiet area, you can save even more battery.

I will be using them a lot on the bus, listening to my pocket DAB radio (Viewquest, seen on QVC but bought cheaper elsewhere).

I have chosen silver, how about you?

PS. I have a couple of very small size Bluetooth transmitters, with Li-Ion batteries, bought very cheaply from China. So I may connect one of these to the radio, keep both in my pocket, and listen wirelessly on the Bose, so no tangle of wires when I am on the bus.

I've looked at these for a while (nearly said "years" :blush:). I can't use on-ear or in-ear stuff as I get too much pain. I even use a travel pillow to sleep on so my ears don't touch anything (anyone else got any ideas for a replacement as it's killing my neck?).

I did think of the new version from the other seller, but I need the 30 day MBG.

Are the new features that good? I can't see me using features like having texts read to me. I don't use Siri or Alexa.

I've looked at these for a while (nearly said "years" :blush:). I can't use on-ear or in-ear stuff as I get too much pain. I even use a travel pillow to sleep on so my ears don't touch anything (anyone else got any ideas for a replacement as it's killing my neck?).

I did think of the new version from the other seller, but I need the 30 day MBG.

Are the new features that good? I can't see me using features like having texts read to me. I don't use Siri or Alexa.

I don't like on-ear headphones because of the pressure needed on your ears to keep them in place. But over-ear rests on your skull, not ear, and with a bigger area of contact to spread the load.

I thought the extra £20 was worth paying to get the latest model with the adjustable noise reduction and an app as well, even if I don't use the google stuff (I don't have a smartphone in any case).

But I wouldn't have paid £50 extra and paid £330.

You'd only get 12 month guarantee with QVC I think (some categories only 6 months) but you can still argue that an electrical item should have a life longer than 12 months (we've had refunds for 2 QVC printers that developed faults outside the 12months and argued it's reasonable to expect a longer life than a year. I'd say, generally speaking, buy from QVC if there's a likelihood you may return an item, if you're confident it'll be a keeper buy elsewhere.

Off topic a bit, but some years ago I bought a Tiffany style table lamp. The upright part was metal, and it appeared to have a cast-iron base.

Yesterday, the pole just fell over, and the base stayed on the table!

It seems that the base is NOT cast-iron, but wafer thin plastic painted to look like cast iron. It has bio-degraded, and just crumbled into pieces, so the lamp is now useless.

I rang Q to see if they could do anything. They located my order (it cost about £50) but the description does not mention the base is cast iron, therefore they could not do anything.

They also said it was 8 years since I bought it, so I wasn't expecting them to do much, but I am still annoyed about the cheap bio-degradable plastic base, a real con.

They don't seem to sell any of these Tiffany lamps these days.

I received mine within a few minutes of the start of the 1-hour delivery slot from DPD. No doubt they would still have been "in process" if I'd ordered them from Q!

I am very impressed with the noise cancelling, it's better than I thought. The bass is good, but I find the treble is a bit too much, probably because it has a better treble response than I'm used to.

To Beading Belle - - - - one of the Bose reviews said the 1ft charging lead was too short, so Bose said they would send out a 1m one for free. I found it too short as well, so I rang CS. After a bit of procrastination, they sent me one, which I received today (not opened it yet).

Are you going to try them before you "gift" them? If so, what do you think?

My daughter thinks they are great (I haven't tried them yet), she has being using Bose headphones for the last 5 years so used to them, but these are way better with noise cancelling. She hasn't mentioned the charging lead being short so will get her to check and call CS if she finds them shorter. Did you call Bose direct or PT first? Thank you.

I called Bose.

The existing one is only 1 ft.

It may not even be long enough to reach from a wall socket down to the floor to charge the headphones, if you use a USB charging plug.

I got the QVC ones to try as I needed to know if I could cope with wearing them for longer than the 20 minutes I can bear buds in - and the on-ears hurt me within minutes.

I'm a bit disappointed with the sound, though. The noise cancelling is superb, and exactly what I wanted, but my music is dull (for want of a better description). The buds that came with my iPhone are clear, with great tones and base. These have nowhere near the clarity.

Is this normal or do I have a dodgy set?

Off topic a bit, but some years ago I bought a Tiffany style table lamp. The upright part was metal, and it appeared to have a cast-iron base.

Yesterday, the pole just fell over, and the base stayed on the table!

It seems that the base is NOT cast-iron, but wafer thin plastic painted to look like cast iron. It has bio-degraded, and just crumbled into pieces, so the lamp is now useless.

I rang Q to see if they could do anything. They located my order (it cost about £50) but the description does not mention the base is cast iron, therefore they could not do anything.

They also said it was 8 years since I bought it, so I wasn't expecting them to do much, but I am still annoyed about the cheap bio-degradable plastic base, a real con.

They don't seem to sell any of these Tiffany lamps these days.
I think the one I have is the same though I did not buy it from QVC. Mine has not broken yet but it is a con.

I got the QVC ones to try as I needed to know if I could cope with wearing them for longer than the 20 minutes I can bear buds in - and the on-ears hurt me within minutes.

I'm a bit disappointed with the sound, though. The noise cancelling is superb, and exactly what I wanted, but my music is dull (for want of a better description). The buds that came with my iPhone are clear, with great tones and base. These have nowhere near the clarity.

Is this normal or do I have a dodgy set?

It sounds like they may be faulty.

Have you tried them plugged in directly to the music source, instead of Bluetooth?

But if they are too uncomfortable, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I find that they are not as comfortable as they said on Q, but an hour is probably enough for me at a time.

It sounds like they may be faulty.

Have you tried them plugged in directly to the music source, instead of Bluetooth?

But if they are too uncomfortable, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I find that they are not as comfortable as they said on Q, but an hour is probably enough for me at a time.

Not yet - didn't know I could. I'll be looking through the manual tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

It should have a lead with 3.5mm jack plug on one end, and 2.5mm on the other end, which plugs into the headphones. The larger end plugs into your music device. When you plug it in, Bluetooth automatically turns off, and you then get twice as much battery life.

Latest posts

Back