30mbg & Xmas

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Did anyone catch the lovely Craig this morning with the carpet cleaner woman from Vax??? (think that's the firm)

Obviously purchases at present have the added MBG in case they are purchased for Xmas presents. Craig was more or less saying, try it until 25/01 as you have the extended guarantee (as opposed to sticking to you have 30 if not a present).

Has anyone ever sent something back during this time of year where you have tried it longer and you have had no problem? What I'm thinking is the Clarionic which I got as a tsv. Ive only used it 1-2weeks but if I'd used it for 2 months I'm sure the head would be dirtier after the extended use. I am enjoying the Ma but not exactly sure it's making a difference worth £100 as I already have good skin. Obviously using it until after Xmas gives you a better period to test. Craig was blatantly saying to use the cleaner until Jan 25th so they swap n change how they sell the extended guarantee (if it gets them a sale!)

I hope this makes sense!!!

Did anyone catch the lovely Craig this morning with the carpet cleaner woman from Vax??? (think that's the firm)

Obviously purchases at present have the added MBG in case they are purchased for Xmas presents. Craig was more or less saying, try it until 25/01 as you have the extended guarantee (as opposed to sticking to you have 30 if not a present).

Has anyone ever sent something back during this time of year where you have tried it longer and you have had no problem? What I'm thinking is the Clarionic which I got as a tsv. Ive only used it 1-2weeks but if I'd used it for 2 months I'm sure the head would be dirtier after the extended use. I am enjoying the Ma but not exactly sure it's making a difference worth £100 as I already have good skin. Obviously using it until after Xmas gives you a better period to test. Craig was blatantly saying to use the cleaner until Jan 25th so they swap n change how they sell the extended guarantee (if it gets them a sale!)

I hope this makes sense!!!

Hi Miss Kat
I returned last year's Clarisonic around January 10th 2012 which I bought as a TSV in November 2011 using the extended MBG. I sent it registered post as it cost around £189. I returned it because it was too rough on my skin regardless of the brush used so I had used at least 3 of the brushes. I think the only one I hadn't used was the grey one. I received a refund reasonably soon of the EP payments that I had already made.

I had to force myself to return it as I really wanted it to work for me but sadly it was only good as a body brush and I thought that was way too expensive for a body brush

Its funny that you should bring up the recent TSV Clarisonic, because I was thinking the same thing. I've not noticed much difference but havnt sent it back yet because I thought I would give it a fair crack. However, I am a bit nervous about sending it back after christmas if I decide too. A few years back, my OH bought a camcorder in november and we used it over christmas but were less than impressed. We sent it back within the EMBG and not long after we had THE LETTER, saying we had returned too much and that they would close the account. We complained and our account was not closed. But it does make you wonder if you get a black mark against your name if you return november orders in january.

I don't see why you can't send it back.They don't specify that you need to tell them at any time,whether something is a present or not.

i queried this with them when i ordered the satnav yesterday. i ordered online and there was nothing about it being or not being a present and simon kept saying "you have until 25/1 to return it IF it is a present". so i felt forced to join the CS queue to ask. the person i spoke to said he would note down on my account that it was a present and confirmed that the return date would be 25/1 but it would NOT say that on the invoice - it would show the usual return date. so at that rate, you do need to tell them which means you need to actually speak to them to order. seems a complete shambles to me.

I never declared my clarisonic last year as a present, l received a refund of all the easy payments I had made and I didn't receive the letter. Though I don't return much anyway.

You shouldn't need to tell them, they never mention that on air and don't give you the option on Qcut or online to 'select' present option, also they always say to decide when you see something whether you give it or keep it etc.

Thankyou for you replies.....I was just tempted to keep giving the Mia abit longer but wasn't sure how the head would look like by jan and then it would probably look like I'd used it longer than 30 days. If they say anything...I'll point out the likes of Craig encouraging you to use products for full time yourself.

Thankyou for you replies.....I was just tempted to keep giving the Mia abit longer but wasn't sure how the head would look like by jan and then it would probably look like I'd used it longer than 30 days. If they say anything...I'll point out the likes of Craig encouraging you to use products for full time yourself.

Just say you can hardly ask the recipient of your gift why it got so dirty in the time they had it!

I'm loving my Mia, it brought me out in spots but they're going now and my skin is lovely and soft and smooth, looks like i have a constant soft focus lense :) Bad thing is my hubby has taken a liking to it too (grr!)

Get the guns ready to shoot me down, but isn't it a bit rich? You all come on here every time QVC mess up one tiny thing and are obviously not playing by their own rules, yet here some of you are basically abusing a system put in place for Christmas presents to make shopping at this time of year for gifts a lot easier on you. If everyone keeps abusing it then it'll just get stopped and that's not particularly fair. I know QVC cock up a lot of the time, but since when has 2 wrongs ever made a right? In my opinion anyone abusing the system to get an extra 'try' of a product has no right to whinge when QVC abuse their position. Am now ducking for cover :p

At various times I have heard presenters forget to mention the "gift" part, just "anything you buy now can be returned up to 25th January". So if that's what they say (and I even recorded this in October) then we are not taking advantage.

After all, we have to keep up their supply of used goods to resell.

Get the guns ready to shoot me down, but isn't it a bit rich? You all come on here every time QVC mess up one tiny thing and are obviously not playing by their own rules, yet here some of you are basically abusing a system put in place for Christmas presents to make shopping at this time of year for gifts a lot easier on you. If everyone keeps abusing it then it'll just get stopped and that's not particularly fair. I know QVC cock up a lot of the time, but since when has 2 wrongs ever made a right? In my opinion anyone abusing the system to get an extra 'try' of a product has no right to whinge when QVC abuse their position. Am now ducking for cover :p
QVC have been doing this 25th January guarantee thing for years now, and im sure they have it all sussed out,
it probably makes them money in the long run, i don't think they'd continue doing it if it was a money looser

do you know what CC I do agree with you..I truly do.However people can choose to buy whether they buy from QVC....or not.From my experience,I choose not.I personally fed up with used goods,HUGE prices,P&P prices to match and extra long waiting delivery times.But does my refusal to shop there now stop QVC? No it doesn't from where I standing.I still see the over inflated prices and P&P...I read on here the other day of someone being sent a used item.

So you could argue that are these people are just paying through the nose of this *perk* anyway,so why not use it as the thousands of others are,that we're all paying for anyway?

I don't think of it as abusing the system because if you give a gift on Xmas day and the recipient uses it then it is returned, it can't be resold. Or it can't 'officially' be resold, so it is no worse than something used for longer than can't 'officially' be resold. The end result is the same for QVC. Whereas if they make the mistake of sending a customer a used good, the end result is not the same for the customer at all. I think it is broadly 'within' the rules because obviously when they came up with this policy they did not place restrictions on it (like sending out 'gifts' later or saying gifts can be returned unused) and they must have factored in that it is worth it for them. I think everything we pay all year round is through the nose because of the mbg so if maintaining their mbg at Christmas means a longer try for some people fair enough.

I was wondering how this extended time worked & thought I had missed something when ordering, as anything I have had recently had the usual 30 day return date.I wonder if they get a huge influx of returns in January? watch out if something is on Waitlist!

Im sure i heard them say during the Clarisonic TSV, that for that product only u had 60 or 90 days after christmas day to send it back, dont take this as gospel, cause im not 100% but im sure i heard that

Latest posts

Back