Acer E5 Laptop with Windows 10 TSV 05/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Acer E5 Laptop with Windows 10 Intel Core i3 8GB RAM & 1TB HDD
Item Number: 506769
P&P: £9.95

15.6" QVC Price £439.00 Todays Special Value Price £379.92

17.3" QVC Price £497.00 Todays Special Value Price £429.96

This multi-tasking Acer Aspire E5 laptop comes in a choice of colours and 15.6" or 17.3" screen sizes, plus it features the brand new Windows 10 operating system thats packed with great features, an Intel dual-core i3 processor to handle all your daily tasks, 8GB RAM and a huge 1TB hard drive. This all-round, everyday laptop is a smart combination of power, performance and great multimedia enjoyment the whole family can enjoy at home or on the go.

Meet the all-new Windows 10 - this Acer laptop is the first device offered by QVC that’s pre-loaded with the very latest Windows 10 Home operating system. It cleverly combines the best features of Windows 7 and 8 for fun, intuitive and productive computing whatever your experience level. It's the Windows you know and love - but better!

A size and colour to suit your needs - choose your screen size according to how you want to use your new Acer E5. The 15.6" offers more versatile and portable computing and is available in Grey, White, Red, Blue or Purple, whilst the 17.3" gives a true desktop experience and comes in Grey or White.

Power and performance - whatever you're doing, you can expect performance you can rely on thanks to the Intel dual-core i3 processor. It's perfect for keeping things moving while you work on office documents, chat to friends and stream music. You can take your whole media collection wherever you go too, thanks to a 1TB hard drive that has plenty of room for files, software, music, videos and more.

Fantastic visuals - view your content in sharp, smooth detail with the HD LED backlit LCD glare screen that produces vivid colours - ideal for watching movies on the DVD-Super 8X Multi drive. You can also enjoy watching content on a High Definition TV or projector by connecting an HDMI cable (sold separately) between your laptop and the screen.

Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Screen-mounted HD webcam and speakers
Enjoy up to 4.5 hours of battery life (depending on usage)
Multi-gesture precision touchpad and full-sized
chiclet
keyboard for improved accuracy and speed
Transfer files up to 10 times faster with the super-speed USB 3.0

What's in the box?

Acer Aspire E5 laptop
AC power adaptor
Four-cell lithium ion polymer battery
Acer International Travellers Warranty booklet
Set up guide

Colour options:

For 15.6" size:

Grey
White
Red
Blue
Purple

For 17.3" size:

Grey
White

Technical specifications:

Operating system: Windows 10 Home
Display: HD LED backlit LCD Glare (choice of 15.6” or 17.3”)
Resolution: 15.6”: 1366p x 768p; or 17.3”: 1600p x 900p
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Processor: Intel dual-core i3 I3-4005U (up to 1.7 GHz)
Graphics: Intel HD 4400
Memory: 8GB DDR3L SDRAM
Hard disk drive: 1TB
Optical drive: DVD-Super 8x Multi DL Drive
Webcam: Acer Webcam with 1280 x 720 resolution
Sound: two built-in stereo speakers
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0
Battery: 4-cell lithium-ion - up to 4.5 hours usage
Dimensions: (W x D x H) 15.6": 38.1cm x 25.6cm x 2.9cm (15" x 10.1" x 1.1"); 17.3": 42.3cm x 28.1cm x 3.1cm (16.7" x 11.1" x 1.2")
Weight: 15.6": 2.4kg; 17.3": 3kg

Input/output:

2 x USB 3.0
1 x USB 2.0 for 15.6"; 2 x USB 2.0 for 17.3"
1 x HDMI
1 x multi-in-1 card reader
1 x VGA
1 x RJ-45
1 x 3.5mm audio jack
1 x DC-in jack

Behind the brand
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has been breaking down boundaries between people and technology, providing brilliant devices at every price range. Striving to design environmentally friendly products at a high quality you can always rely on, Acer continue to be a much-loved computing brand for good reason.

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK mainland and Northern Ireland only

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506769

I am still wondering whether I should update to Windows 10, so I've been watching the video of the midnight presentation.

Lee keeps saying how wonderful it is, and will demo it "in a moment" but so far I've watched 9 minutes of a 16 minute presentation and NOTHING has been explained about Windows 10 yet, there hasn't even be a closeup of the screen.

I suspect this is because they are also selling a £20 DVD about Windows 10.

Anyway, I've got fed up of waiting, so going out shopping in Lidl now (half price Jaffa cakes, yum yum).

I currently use Windows 7 Professional. Unfortunately, I can't find any information about whether or not Windows 10 will screw up work I've done in OpenOffice. I don't think I'll bother for now as I'm working on a large spreadsheet for someone. If that goes belly up it will be a huge amount of work lost.

I do need a new laptop, but I think I will hang on for now, as I'm fancying a tablet for my next purchase. Just need to start doing research for that. One thing I can say - it won't be an i-pad.

Just back from Lidl, Jaffa cakes 44P. They are called Jaffa cakes, but are a Lidl look-alike, not the genuine ones. I would have thought the name Jaffa cakes was protected.

Anyway, finished the video. My new knowledge about Win 10? Zilch.

On my current Win 7 PC, I was told Win 10 would stop the Media Centre working.

As this PC has built in TV, pause live TV, record TV, etc, I can't risk loading Win 10.

When I bought it (from QVC) they said that integrating everything like TV into a PC was "the future" and the way everything will go.

Not with Win 10 it won't!!!!!

I hope it doesn't load it when I'm not looking.

They kept saying, over and over and over and over, and over again, about the choice of 5 colours.

They spent about 3 seconds on just one occasion saying that the colours are only on the inside, and the outsides are a matt-looking, boring black.

Just back from Lidl, Jaffa cakes 44P. They are called Jaffa cakes, but are a Lidl look-alike, not the genuine ones. I would have thought the name Jaffa cakes was protected.

Anyway, finished the video. My new knowledge about Win 10? Zilch.

On my current Win 7 PC, I was told Win 10 would stop the Media Centre working.

As this PC has built in TV, pause live TV, record TV, etc, I can't risk loading Win 10.

When I bought it (from QVC) they said that integrating everything like TV into a PC was "the future" and the way everything will go.

Not with Win 10 it won't!!!!!

I hope it doesn't load it when I'm not looking.

Jaffa is not trademark protected - from Wikipedia:

Latest posts

Back