An exploded large animal and other stories!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Watching and ironing is never a good idea when you hear something so incredible that you nearly drop what's in your hand! It's a cudl duds hour and it was bad enough when the BA told us that this hideous sherpa fleece lined jacket (you'd not be seen out of the house in) is the same price as a bunch of flowers - It was a few pence shy of £35 +£4.95 p&p - that'd be one hell of a bunch of flowers! Buy this instead as they'll be able to wear it for years to come - yes dear, they could but they probably wouldn't. Just when I didn't think it could get any more ridiculous the next item was a lounge dress with splodges all over it, she said it looks like an exploded large animal ...say WHAAAT?! then she said when you look again it looks like petals. Make your mind up love, what will it be - roadkill or flowers? Pretty much the same choice as offered a few minutes earlier - Fleece jacket or flowers?! Decisions decisions - Mmm I'll go for the flowers, and don't worry about spending £40 as there's some decent bunches for around a tenner, as for the exploded animal, a no brainer really who doesn't want to look like they've just been admiring a rhino but it suddenly exploded all over your top?!
This channel gets crazier and that's why I watch!

She probably said animal expecting everyone to know that she meant animal print. It's hideous & as for Biagi's suggestion that if you're wearing it, presumably having been in it for several hours, & suddenly feel tired you can just go to bed - yuck.

She probably said animal expecting everyone to know that she meant animal print. It's hideous & as for Biagi's suggestion that if you're wearing it, presumably having been in it for several hours, & suddenly feel tired you can just go to bed - yuck.
Almost on par with suggesting that if you turn your knickers inside out you'll get an extra day out of them! They don't think really. Words just fall out of their mouths - too late- move along lol!

I haven't seen this creation, but from your description I can vizualize it. I had a strict (restrictive) upbringing and those unbending rules dictated that you dress yourself fully when you get up in the morning and stay like that until you go to bed. So, no 'lounge wear' or dressing gowns during the day. Unfortunately, these rules have stuck, and I would feel guilty if I wore clothes that were designed for sleeping in. So, I say 'yuk' to Simon's comment as well.

I haven't seen this creation, but from your description I can vizualize it. I had a strict (restrictive) upbringing and those unbending rules dictated that you dress yourself fully when you get up in the morning and stay like that until you go to bed. So, no 'lounge wear' or dressing gowns during the day. Unfortunately, these rules have stuck, and I would feel guilty if I wore clothes that were designed for sleeping in. So, I say 'yuk' to Simon's comment as well.
Not unfortunately at all, you have standards & self respect. A few weeks ago I called those who choose to go outside in their nightwear scum & I'm ashamed of many of my fellow Brits - slovenly & unkempt, yes I include you, Mr Johnson.

I change into jeans and top when I come in and that is the size tota of my lounge wear.

No dressing gown or sleep apparel outside the bedroom/bathroom in our house but I know we are in the minority. If we started we might not stop and dress at all between getting up and going back to bed at night!😜

I change into jeans and top when I come in and that is the size tota of my lounge wear.

No dressing gown or sleep apparel outside the bedroom/bathroom in our house but I know we are in the minority. If we started we might not stop and dress at all between getting up and going back to bed at night!😜
No problem on the estate I used to live on in Edinburgh. There they all were at the school gates in their PJ's and dirty dressing gowns. Bit slobby IMO.

CC

Watching and ironing is never a good idea when you hear something so incredible that you nearly drop what's in your hand! It's a cudl duds hour and it was bad enough when the BA told us that this hideous sherpa fleece lined jacket (you'd not be seen out of the house in) is the same price as a bunch of flowers - It was a few pence shy of £35 +£4.95 p&p - that'd be one hell of a bunch of flowers! Buy this instead as they'll be able to wear it for years to come - yes dear, they could but they probably wouldn't. Just when I didn't think it could get any more ridiculous the next item was a lounge dress with splodges all over it, she said it looks like an exploded large animal ...say WHAAAT?! then she said when you look again it looks like petals. Make your mind up love, what will it be - roadkill or flowers? Pretty much the same choice as offered a few minutes earlier - Fleece jacket or flowers?! Decisions decisions - Mmm I'll go for the flowers, and don't worry about spending £40 as there's some decent bunches for around a tenner, as for the exploded animal, a no brainer really who doesn't want to look like they've just been admiring a rhino but it suddenly exploded all over your top?!
This channel gets crazier and that's why I watch!
Must have been the same spiel Megan Markle heard when she bought the bird poo splodges dress ooops! sorry, the delicate, white exploding jasmine over one shoulder cascading down ……….. Yes, bird poo.

The only time I exited the bedroom/bathroom in nightwear was when I lived in a flat - short hop to kitchen to put the kettle on before showering etc etc. However, most of life has had upstairs bedrooms so it was a given that showered and dressed happened before coming downstairs to go to school and work. Still do it after 15 years retirement. My house is warm, so the only time I wear a dressing gown is in hospital. I do change after walking the dog (and not going out again) into more 'comfy' wear, but never nightwear.

I’ve never gone downstairs without getting dressed first, probably because I sleep “au natruel.” 😱 I didn‘t go downstairs without getting dressed when I was married and I don’t now, even though I’m now divorced and live on my own. I do whizz through to the bathroom in a dressing gown in the morning in winter, but in summer it’s discarded.

I’ve never owned any jeans 😳 or lounge wear, or whatever it’s called. I wear comfortable clothes that I like but dress up more “formally” if I go out for a meal.

Mum always used to change for dinner in the evening, but I didn’t follow her example. I dress in the morning and stay like that unless I’m out in the evening, but for obvious reasons that hasn’t happened since this pandemic started.

Not unfortunately at all, you have standards & self respect. A few weeks ago I called those who choose to go outside in their nightwear scum & I'm ashamed of many of my fellow Brits - slovenly & unkempt, yes I include you, Mr Johnson.
Mr Johnson wants to look rumpled and adorable and works on this 'look' every day it seems. It cuts no ice with me.

Latest posts

Back