antthony designs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Intrigued by the Antthony logo, did a quick google and was amazed to find he had such a CV ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antthony_Mark_Hankins and then there are the more 'different' designs that we never get to see on Q. Perhaps if the buyers were to bring more of his more unique styles to air, they may get more sales (or not).

Like many I've long loathed the poly/elastene combo in clothes, but even I would be tempted again after seeing a few of the designs on here............

https://www.hsn.com/shop/antthony-d...ry=Antthony Design Originals&isSuggested=True

I`ve often wondered how someone who dresses so off the wall can bring us such boring old fashioned clothes? True enough in the link Brissles posted above there are a lot more interesting styles which just seems to prove that QVC UK is like the poor relation in the QVC empire and any old stuff is deemed good enough for us. If I were a designer then I`d want to showcase the best of my ranges and not the worst and if HSN can do it then why not Q ? Antthony is a lovely guy but the stuff he tries to flog over here does him or his reputation as a designer a dis-service IMO.

they had brought stuff like that in the old days but it didnt sell & ended up in clearence very very quickly so that says to them that its not waht people want so they dont bring it simple really

I would agree with that SCW, however, tastes change over time, and what didn't sell then, may well sell now simply because the audience dynamic has changed - what suited the 50 year olds twenty years ago the same age group today wouldn't be seen dead in !

I do know that for years AND years, we have been fed the same diet of same style tops in plain and (some) god awful prints, that have also ended up in clearance by the thousand.

I`ve often wondered how someone who dresses so off the wall can bring us such boring old fashioned clothes? True enough in the link Brissles posted above there are a lot more interesting styles which just seems to prove that QVC UK is like the poor relation in the QVC empire and any old stuff is deemed good enough for us. If I were a designer then I`d want to showcase the best of my ranges and not the worst and if HSN can do it then why not Q ? Antthony is a lovely guy but the stuff he tries to flog over here does him or his reputation as a designer a dis-service IMO.

Agreed - it's all the same old floaty tops and boring bottoms. Designed not to attract any attention or make any sort of impact - the magnolia emulsion of fashion. As Brissles has posted, he does do some more interesting stuff so why can't we get a chance to buy it?! QVC probably doesn't want to stick their neck out and buy stock that takes longer to shift, so they stick to the M&S Classic Collection style stuff.

they had brought stuff like that in the old days but it didnt sell & ended up in clearence very very quickly so that says to them that its not waht people want so they dont bring it simple really

They're more likely to have ended up in clearance due to them being returns by customers who have bought the wrong size due to QVCs lack of proper descriptions and sizing of the clothes. As yesterday proved with the Amazon TSV, it's always the brighter colours, that something a little bit different that sells out first, the blacks and navy's are always left sitting on the shelf.

Q want stretchable easy fit that covers multiple sizes, how many times do they say the garment is very forgiving, I’d believe that only for Julia.

Yes, I remember when I first started watching that Q never sold dresses ! fashion then was tops and more tops, trousers, lots of cropped trousers, and the odd cotton summer dress. In fact there was an own brand QVC line that Genevieve (who was much thinner) from IW presented - and comprised a lot of 'sets' - matching tops and trousers and all mainly cotton based.

As I remember it (I stand to be corrected) it was Tiana B that first brought the poly/elastene frocks and then it exploded with every brand bringing them.

Yes, I remember when I first started watching that Q never sold dresses ! fashion then was tops and more tops, trousers, lots of cropped trousers, and the odd cotton summer dress. In fact there was an own brand QVC line that Genevieve (who was much thinner) from IW presented - and comprised a lot of 'sets' - matching tops and trousers and all mainly cotton based.

As I remember it (I stand to be corrected) it was Tiana B that first brought the poly/elastene frocks and then it exploded with every brand bringing them.

the range i think your thinking of with the matching sets was casual & co i think which is now called denim & co

There was Casa Mia and South Lodge and others back in the day, supplying embellished separates to the masses, and folk would phone through to Kim on air asking whether she'd ever bring any dresses.

I bought some lovely jumpers & cardigans made in cotton & ramie from Modern Soul & a couple of cotton dresses from Print Fusion, including one that my husband absolutely detested & called my overall!

I too have a Print Fusion maxi that still as good as new, and is easily around 10years old. I've also more than a couple of Berek cardi/jackets.

He probably spends more time perfecting his twirly moustache and taking his velvet jackets to the dry cleaners than focusing on design. He's like a combination of Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate, and Salvador Dali.

I had two lovely Modern Soul tops. ... it is still on qvc...

So it is! It looks very much like the Cuddleduds range now.

When there was still a Co-op department store nearby (20 years ago) they stocked South Lodge with T shirts around £7-10 with no p&p

Latest posts

Back