Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Archos 70 7" Wifi Android Internet Tablet with 250GB HDD, Software & Case
Item Number: 500130
QVC Price £208.00
Super Bargain Price £179.88
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Available in 3 Easy Pay instalments of £59.96 plus P&P

rchos A70 Android internet tablet with 1GHz processor, 250GB hard disk space, software and a case. Features a powerful ARM Cortex processor and 3D openGL graphics accelerator technology for fast and responsive performance whether you're browsing the web, watching videos or playing games. Take the World Wide Web, and much more, in your hands with this fantastic 7" internet tablet from Archos.
Watch movies, play games and browse your favourite websites in crystal clarity on the 7" high resolution touchscreen display (800 x 480).

Skip from website to website quickly and easily thanks to the tablet's powerful 1GHz processor and Android 2.2 (FroYo) operating system.

Store all of your music and films on the huge 250GB hard drive.

Whether you want entertainment or productivity on the go, the slim and lightweight design of the Archos 70 makes it a PC you can slip into your purse.

Watch 720p HD movies from your tablet on your HDTV using the built-in HDMI port (mini HDMI to HDMI cable required - not included).

If you have any difficulties with setup and beyond, the Talk Me Through It team will be on hand with all the gadget advice and support you'll need. Find out more…

Technical specifications:

* Operating system: Android 2.2 FroYo
* Storage capacity: 250GB hard drive
* Screen: 7" TFT LCD capacitive multitouch high resolution screen, WVGA, Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
* Processor: ARM Cortex A8 at 1 GHz with DSP
* Memory: 256MB RAM
* Graphics: 3D OpenGL ES 2.0
* Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
* Speaker: built-in speakers
* Webcam: VGA camera
* G-Sensor
* Built-in kick-stand
* Built-in microphone
* Power Source: mains electrical three-pin plug, lithium polymer battery
* Battery life: music playback: up to 36 hours; video playback: up to seven hours; web browsing: up to 10 hours
* Dimensions (l x w x d): 20.1cm x 11.4cm x 1.4cm (7.9" x 4.5" x 0.5")
* Weight: 400g

Input/output:

* USB 2.0
* Mini HDMI out

Compatible video formats:

* Can play files with the following file extensions: AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG, MKV, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF, WMV
* MPEG-4 HD (up to 720p, 30fps@6Mbps)
* MPEG-42 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution, 30fps@8Mbps)
* H.264 HD ([email protected] up to 720p, 30fps@5Mbps)
* WMV9/VC1 (AP up to 720p, 30fps@10Mbps)
* Motion JPEG in VGA resolution

Compatible audio formats:

* MP3 CBR & VBR
* WMA, WMA-Pro 5.1
* WAV (PCM/ADPCM)
* AAC, AAC+ 5.13
* OGG Vorbis
* FLAC

Compatible image formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF

Preinstalled software:

* Aldiko
* Ebuddy
* Quickpedia
* HubKap
* Deezer
* Raging Thunderlite (a 3D car demo game)
* WordNewspaper
* Touiteur
* Fring

For best results please update the system firmware when you first connect to the internet

What's in the box?

* Archos 70 internet tablet
* Earphones
* Standard USB cable
* Quick start guide
* Legal and safety notice
* Power charger
* Protective case

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.500130

Oh, thanks - it's my OH's birthday and I've been looking for a gadget to keep him happy.

Do you think this is a good buy?

I have 2 previous Archos's, a 7inch touch screen and a 4inch non-touch. Trouble is I keep poking the 4inch one and wonder why nothing is happening (which happens anyway because of frequent crashes).

They are both the 8GB flash models, not the one with 250GB storage, hence the price difference. I'm thinking about it, mostly because I was thinking of getting an iPod touch and this is better for me for less money. I'd really like a Samsung Galaxy tab but it's not really in the budget at the moment.

My 16 year old daughter has been looking at tablets was hoping to find a sell off HP one without any joy.
She looked at a Dell in JL last weekend and is hoping someone will come up with the extra on top of her saved money required as a treat for her GCSE results :wonder:
I think when she caught a presentation of this she commented on the android version it had and the app store that you had to buy the apps from.

on the go internet

I quite fancy this, as Ive been looking for a tablet that I can use in the middle of a field and as this connects via bluetooth to a mobile, sounds perfect. Thing is, i have a blackberry which gives me 1gb of blackberry internet, does anyone know if they will be compatible??

Latest posts

Back