Baking Boys - come back Brett!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yorkdel

Registered Shopper
No idea who this new guest presenter is but he’s so annoying! I had to turn the sound off after 15 minutes because he’s like an over excitable market trader.
Not to mention the fact that everything he’s presenting seems to be completely burned and dry.

I know. I was referring to the guest in terms of the eating comment.
To be the odd one out, I really liked this guest presenter. I think he did a good job - very enthusiastic - and although the pies were a little bit too brown on top, the insides looked delicious. Could he be one of the owners of the company, giving the usual presenter some time off?

There is a ‘history‘ with these pies, but more connected to the owner. I think there are plenty of previous threads on here about the various incarnations of pie companies he’s been involved in. I have no idea whether these latest pies are good or not, as I certainly would never buy that kind of thing from QVC any longer. Looking at the reviews of the products on their website, they don’t seem very inspiring. As with all pies and pastries of different manufacturers on QVC and other channels, on screen, the wares seem full of filling and mouthwateringly delicious. But they would, wouldn’t they. The acid test is what are the pies like that you actually receive? Are they like the ones in the studio, or do they have less filling? Are the ones prepared for broadcast specially made, or are they exactly the same pies that would be sent out to customers Buying such in my own experience, and from a different manufacturer, on QVC some years back, whilst perfectly edible, what I received was absolutely nothing visually like the full of meat pasties I saw on the product presentation.

ive had some chunks of devon ones (well the steak pasty & the sausage roll) & both are delicous if cooked in the oven
I'd buy them in a heartbeat if they would deliver where I live.

There is a ‘history‘ with these pies, but more connected to the owner. I think there are plenty of previous threads on here about the various incarnations of pie companies he’s been involved in. I have no idea whether these latest pies are good or not, as I certainly would never buy that kind of thing from QVC any longer. Looking at the reviews of the products on their website, they don’t seem very inspiring. As with all pies and pastries of different manufacturers on QVC and other channels, on screen, the wares seem full of filling and mouthwateringly delicious. But they would, wouldn’t they. The acid test is what are the pies like that you actually receive? Are they like the ones in the studio, or do they have less filling? Are the ones prepared for broadcast specially made, or are they exactly the same pies that would be sent out to customers Buying such in my own experience, and from a different manufacturer, on QVC some years back, whilst perfectly edible, what I received was absolutely nothing visually like the full of meat pasties I saw on the product presentation.
I always watch when pies are sold, and I've heard both the BAs and the presenters promising that the pies shown on TV are no different from the pies you will receive. I should think that the manufacturers weigh the fillings, so that all the pies are uniform, and I tend to believe this, but, of course, you'd have to order them to find out for sure. I have noticed, however, that after the presenter has cut into the pie, he/she will often push out the filling. Never mind this, they look lovely!

Having to be house bound after a hip replacement a few years ago, I stocked fridge and freezer beforehand and bought meat pies from qvc. Glory, there were awful. I expected a crispy puff pastry topping after cooking, but no it was more an unappetising short crust pastry, and the fillings weren't great. So that was money down the drain, and I've never purchased again. I make my own, far nicer.

Having to be house bound after a hip replacement a few years ago, I stocked fridge and freezer beforehand and bought meat pies from qvc. Glory, there were awful. I expected a crispy puff pastry topping after cooking, but no it was more an unappetising short crust pastry, and the fillings weren't great. So that was money down the drain, and I've never purchased again. I make my own, far nicer.
If you can make a good, crispy, savoury pie, my hat is off to you. I wish I could do it.

Didn't Brett go to Australia or something? He used to present when it was the Real Pie Company with a woman, who I always assumed was his mum (I think in fact it was a Director of the company).
yes him and his partner have emigrated, and did say they will do some shows via Zoom and will be over a couple of times a year. The guy was introduced as the new brand ambassador

Didn't Brett go to Australia or something? He used to present when it was the Real Pie Company with a woman, who I always assumed was his mum (I think in fact it was a Director of the company).
How did they manage to emigrate to Australia?? I tried numerous times when I was younger. I had a family sponsor and everything but I never got accepted. I know, I'm just jealous.

CC

How did they manage to emigrate to Australia?? I tried numerous times when I was younger. I had a family sponsor and everything but I never got accepted. I know, I'm just jealous.

CC
Goodness only knows - I can't think it was the prospect of Australians being able to get Real Pie Company or whatever it's called now pies any easier! As you say, it's pretty difficult to get permanent residency in Oz.

Latest posts

Back