Black, black and more black

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Now I like wearing black as much as the next person, BUT all the fashions shows were full of it this weekend, whether it was umpteen pairs of trousers, dresses by the shed load or tops with cardis. Even the usually brightly coloured Dreamkeeper was at it with more dark colours than ever on show.

I know its winter and the funeral season, but this was supposed to be the Spring fashion weekend - huh with all the blacks, browns and navys it was more like the Autumn preview. Yes Anttony did have some welcome splashes of colour, but even then it was dark purples and berry with the odd coral and turquoise.

If these dark colours are the fashion pallet for the next few months, then my money is safe. I dont suit dark colours, and find I have to wear more make-up if doing so, to combat the "washed-out" look that comes with ageing skin.

Althought I don't buy 'fashion' from QVC I do actually only buy mainly black clothes for summer or winter. I accessorise with bright scarves and handbags. In fact I told my hubby the other day that my wardrobe is so co-ordinated as all the colours are grouped together - his reply was that this was easy as it is all black LOL

Black is beautiful.

Like rosey, I've tons of black (and grey) & I wear coloured shoes & handbags.

I, too, do as Rosey does but I wish QVC would refrain from using the black item as their main colour on the web. I find it very difficult-impossible!!!-to see any detail or cut on black and faced with a page of almost unrelieved black, I don't feel tempted to look more closely.

Another black and grey "12 monther" here! Trousers, cardi's and jackets but I always wear with brightly coloured tops and lipstick so I don't look like one the walking dead!

Thank you Springflower, that too is one of my main gripes, when an outfit is all black, particularly on the web, its so hard to detect any detail at all, so it puts me off too.

I don't know why they would show ANY garment in black on the website. Black and white are the only 2 colours we can visualise. They should show the more obscure colours such as Regency Blue, Sea Mist, Cognac etc etc

Granted I didn't watch much of the fashion weekend but there were a few eyewateringly coloured bits in the snippets I did see.

Although I do wear black and grey regularly I'm a big fan of "colour" but a lot of QVC fashion is out for me as I don't like "embellishments" or beading or anything fiddly. Neither do I like placement prints. I don't mind some patterns but they need not to be too weird and wonderful. so in lots of ranges my money is safe.

My pet hate is any garment with design or embellishment on the front but not carried through to the back. To me it looks as if someone has tried to copy something expensive and to keep down the costs and create something cheaper has left the back plain.

Black is dead give away (call it body psychology) to how the wearer feels about herself/himself in society (gothics & funerals excluded)

Adele
Dawn French
Alison Moyet

They all more or less live in black - which gives the message 'I want to hide my body'
Which is a shame. Black may be flattering, but always it tells people the wearer is concious of their shape

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back