Bobbi Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Is it just me, or my television, but the make-up results just don't look fresh to me. I like a definitive style of make-up but these effects look overly bronzed and heavy.:down:

I do really like BB make-up, it is pricey though. The brushes are totally fantastic, last for years. Must admit I dont find the demonstrations too exciting, they wouldn't encourage me to try the brand thats for sure.

I have a few of BB's books. She was always against metalics and shimmer, yet the minute Estee Lauder bought the company suddenly all shimmer and metalic in the range.

It is an excellant brand and a proper world wide know makeup artist. Her brushes are expensive but I have had some over ten years and still going strong.

I have a few of BB's books. She was always against metalics and shimmer, yet the minute Estee Lauder bought the company suddenly all shimmer and metalic in the range.

My thoughts exactly, I have a book too yet I am totally uninspired by QVC demo's. They are not displaying a natural or non age barrier make up style to me for sure. Against Bobbi's ethos surely.

What always puts me off Bobbi Brown is she puts the blusher on like 'Aunt Sally'. I can always tell from the models what make up they have by this.

I have a couple of items & must admit the make up is very nice. her brushes are good but I also have some Smashbox brushes as well & they are lovely.

I have the lip & eye palette, which is really nice.

I wasn't sure if it was my TV or the lighting in the studio, when they used the new Denim & Rose palette on Debbie, I didn't think the colours suited her complexion.

What always puts me off Bobbi Brown is she puts the blusher on like 'Aunt Sally'. I can always tell from the models what make up they have by this.

She has always done this thing of The Pop Of Colour On The Cheeks, but you don't have to go with it and use a light hand. I have often wondered is it because she usually worked on the cat walk shows?

Yes Smashbox brushes are also excellent quality(well the ones you buy individually. Not sure about the ones free in TSVs).

I once paid big money for a Laura Mercier blush brush and the damn thing shed like a dog. Nothing stopped it, washing etc had no effect. I ended up giving it away.

I do have some BB bits and i do love them.

I got bought one of her brushes as a present - and at the time,I did think what an odd present?! but its the best make up brush I own.

However catching a very small part of one of the shows yesterday - i didn't think the foundation being applied to renee's face made any difference - and it definitely didn't inspire me to buy.

I also think that "high street" make up now is so good - "premium" make up really has to work hard to look good value for me.(And i love make up!)

Latest posts

Back