Can I email QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here for a grump: Neither of the email address I've used in the past, nor the ones above in this thread work to contact QVC. So I had to use the webform (I hate webforms because they don't allow you to keep an electronic trail of your conversation). My particular query requires me to send photos and there's no facility to do this with the webform. I also don't have a single order number or item number as it's more of a general query about a couple of items. Grr! :mad:
There are plenty of folk who cannot use the telephone comfortably who need to explain their query in more than the prescribed few lines on a webform!
Which one did you use? Have you tried [email protected]? That's the one I use and so far, it has worked.

The problem is it’s not very clear what the email contacts or web contacts are. Some work some don’t.
I recently wanted to contact them after the customer centre gave me ridiculous advice.
I hunted online and found [email protected] I got a response the following day.
The whole system needs an overhaul.

I hate webforms for the same reasons. I have sometimes taken a screenshot of what I type into it for my own record but it’s not great, is it? As for the inability to attach anything, I usually make a point of saying I wanted to attach photos but their unhelpful contact methods don’t allow it. It’s almost as if they don’t want to hear from us or deal with our queries, isn’t it? :mad:
They Don’t !

They need to be transparent and accessible to all so that everyone can be their own advocate and not have to rely on other people, otherwise, I think they're failing in their legal obligations. I'd have thought that providing everyone with an email address would be a cheap and simple alternative to clogging up the phone lines on their award-winning customer services. Personally, I don't understand the logic.

I meant to say that I received a reply, and they said that they do have email contact information on their website.
I replied that the information should be everywhere they have their telephone number so deaf people don't have to go looking for how to make contact while hearing people have contact details on the bottom of every page.
They didn't reply...

It's not just QVC moving solely to webforms; for the past 4 years we have been reporting anti-social behaviour, assault etc to our local police force and council. Both used to have easy email contacts. Now you can only email a named person at the council or use their form. The police used to have a 101 email address for non-emergency reports. We found these far less stressful because the web contact form launches a load of questions which just aren't applicable but require an answer before you can progress through the form. When you're already stressed, the old 101 address meant we could quote the most recent incident ref or the officer dealing for the new incident to be added without being assigned to a different PC without context.
Since the start of this year this has been closed down and the force's webform is the only option. It also doesn't allow files to be attached such as clips or photos; these can only be sent if a PC sends the victim a specific, time-sensitive link. Without going into too much detail, some of our reports have powerful cctv clips but a new officer, who isn't aware of the history, may decide to take no action just based on the written account of the incident! I digress, but the webform trend is not progress IMHO!

I suspect they don‘t want the hassle and cost factor of employing specific people to respond to detailed emails. Perhaps short by design, social media contacts, sent by the more tech-savvy are easier and cheaper to manage? Regardless, burying away any email contact address they allegedly is shameful on a business that in its broadcasting promos, purports to have fallen out of the tickbox tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I tried ringing QVC about 2 weeks ago and gave up after hanging on the phone for over 10 minutes, although apparently my call was important to them.

So I emailed them instead about about an item that had become faulty. Had a response saying they would take 72 hours to respond. A week later, nothing. I eventually had to message them on Facebook to receive a return label.

So I emailed the CEO's office, where I had a response saying they would reply within 3 days! I complained by return email and eventually someone useless from the CEO's office replied. They were sadly lacking in professionalism, and took umbrage at the fact that I had pointed out that a week later I still had not had a reply from my email. She said they were very busy, so I told her that if that was the case they needed to employ more staff. She replied again with a sorry, not sorry reply to which I responded again and said that it should not be my problem that they did not have enough staff, and that not everyone has access to Messenger. She never bothered replying to that one. I also mentioned that there 'award winning customer service' was no longer a thing.

I shouldn't be, but I was shocked at how hard it was to contact them and get a response.

They have always had email contact I am shocked it has gone. So they are going down the ryanair root impossible to complain. Probably cutting their staff.

We are getting similar in many areas of life. Who suffers? Older and disabled people usually. Banks shutting their doors and expecting all customers to conduct their banking online. Main post offices closed. Supermarkets excluding non-loyalty card holders from store discounts, the card account only accessible via their app. Contacting companies only via social media platforms - pushing people who for accessibility reasons need to communicate by letter or email away. The list goes on. QVC are no different and no better. A two tier society has been created with the best and immediate service saved for the tech savvie and generally younger. And the sh**service for the old, the disabled and the tech reluctant. It sickens me to be honest, what we’ve become as a country, and above all, a society since the start of this century.

Absolutely right D of C.I have contact with a group of older people, well just a bit older than me, late 70s into 80s & because they are not used to the internet, email etc. it is impossible for them to communicate with so may firms/ agencies.Myself, I keep up to date on ‘a need to know basis’.The reliability on apps.etc. for payments I.e car parking is really worrying.If you have to get through to a call centre, put a few hours aside then if your query is ‘off their script’ prepare to start again.I have just had to switch my broadband provider & want to retain a ‘landline’ phone.If I didn’t have white hair I would now! Until that is I refreshingly got unto a company who had it organised in minutes including OpenReach to do the connection, am going full fibre & VOip! Well that is the plan!

I thought it was just me who couldn’t find an e-mail contact …

I needed to contact them about damaged plants I received - took 2 telephone calls (1 a long wait, 1 answered quickly) to sort things out. I have no proof of my conversations with them and am waiting to see if a refund will show up!

Not a great service for customers then - take note QVC look what has happened to Ideal World.

I ask companies to send me a confirmation email summarising the decision made in our discussion. Some are taken about but do it. I waited 55 minutes to speak to HMRC about my tax code but they gave me 20 minutes of excellent service, where the guy took time to go back three year in my tax history and explained carefully. Hate contacting qvc as I have to get cross before they deviate from their script.

I ask companies to send me a confirmation email summarising the decision made in our discussion. Some are taken about but do it. I waited 55 minutes to speak to HMRC about my tax code but they gave me 20 minutes of excellent service, where the guy took time to go back three year in my tax history and explained carefully. Hate contacting qvc as I have to get cross before they deviate from their script.
When I used to work for the late Queen and had occasion to phone the tax office (it the days when I had functioning hearing) the call was always answered immediately by someone with a cut glass accent, after I left that job (OK I was sacked :LOL:) and had occasion to phone HMRC I had to wait for an hour and spoke to someone with a Brummie accent.

Latest posts

Back