Cherry Blossom Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Got the Q on in the background, and when I heard what the guest and Julia had to say about the Chinese and China, my ears pricked up. I began to wonder if there were two countries called China in the world. Apparently, they look after their workers (in sweat shops) and offer great vfm, the best quality they can achieve, or they won't sell it. Eh? Call me cynical but why, if something has "made in china" stamped on it, is it derisively tossed to one side?
I have not bought a l'occitane product, since they began a trade alliance with China, which insists on animal testing. I don't think a country which eats dogs, can be accused of having ethics, in business or otherwise.
When are the QVC presenters going to realise, that the average shopper does not sit at home wondering what to buy next 24/7, but is cognisant of world events and things which are happening outside of tv shopping land. We are not ignoramuses.:mysmilie_51:

There is also a double standard over Apple, its been shown time and time again the workers locked in factories made to work up to 18 hours a day. People then go, but that is awful. New product out and they are fighting each other to get it and queues outside the stores for days before its release to make sure they get it first.

That's a bit of a strange statement for Julia to make, considering China's record of their treatment of animals. She's a vegetarian !

Incidentally, I'm off to Japan in March to see the flowering Cherry Blossom, am I going to the wrong country ??????

I don't know her reasons for being vegetarian but, I have been vegetarian for over 30 years, and my principles are a lot more stringent than her's. She gushes about Dennis Basso and uses l'occitane and wears Emus so, whilst the more people who refuse to eat animals the better, she does APPEAR to be willing to compromise the beliefs that being a moral vegetarian brings.

Latest posts

Back