Come Shop with Me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Just switched on the Q to find George Simonton looking like a Nazi gone wrong, with the over excited Anne Dawson dressed more like winter fashion day than spring, not to mention that HAIR. Then the two modelles - the pouting Cordelia constantly checking herself out in the monitor :emo: and Beth doing her usual silent laughing with her mouth wide open, throwing her head back and shrugging her shoulders, pretending to find everything hilarious.

Matt Lucas and David Walliams could do a brilliant spoof of this. :clapping:

My OH asked if George was from the Far East or had been in an accident
It is a very strange look he is sporting.

Good grief!

First time I've ever seen one of his hours.Doesn't need a spoof, it is one :happy:

And we're supposed to take fashion advice from this pair? :wonder:
Max Wall meets Allo Allo. :sun:

I am finding it hard to take any of his fashion serious when he looks like that. Although have to say he looked better then the last time I saw him when he was wearing a sparkly embellished track suit in light blue

AD has earned her money today, gushing to orgasmic proportions about some of Georges's creations---this is FABBBBBULOUS/ this is AMMMMMAZING over something you would not give a second look to in a £ shop or even a $ shop. Then a repeat performance in the B&W Hour.I almost feel sorry for her?

Just switched on the Q to find George Simonton looking like a Nazi gone wrong, with the over excited Anne Dawson dressed more like winter fashion day than spring, not to mention that HAIR. Then the two modelles - the pouting Cordelia constantly checking herself out in the monitor :emo: and Beth doing her usual silent laughing with her mouth wide open, throwing her head back and shrugging her shoulders, pretending to find everything hilarious.

Matt Lucas and David Walliams could do a brilliant spoof of this. :clapping:

Just switched and your description has made me laugh. Absolutely spot on! Still don't understand why we have to be shown how a zip works. The way they zip a garment up and done like its a revelation is beyond me. I always feel like shouting 'it's a zip' no need for the demo folks!

I like old George, he seems a sweetie. I would not buy his clothes though. I agree that in the morning show, AD was behaving very strangely (even for her). She was way OTT in her praise of the clothes, and George himself. Its funny how the designers have their favourite models. George loves Cordelia and Beth, B & W shows usually only have Renee and Ali (if available). Lenny (mad in the head) Nina Leonard loves Goody and Sally.

I like George but I too doubt I would buy his stuff I do like it when he starts talking about the construction of the garments and how constructing things in a certain way affect the fit/look. He seems to know a great deal about the actual process of making the clothes and doesnt just waffle on about it being"on trend" or the latest colour/print or saying how something will flatter certain body parts he actually explains how its done which I much prefer as a presenting style. I have taken on board some of the things he has said about how the cut affects the fit etc. when buying clothes from proper clothes shops

I do like the old duffer but that was a very disconcerting look he had going on.

I really would love to know why the material of choice appears to be polyester? I hate, HATE polyester clothing!

I really would love to know why the material of choice appears to be polyester? I hate, HATE polyester clothing!

ooh me too, just thinkiing about it makes me cringe and almost break out in a synthetic fibre induced sweat. QVC seems to love and adore synthetic fabrics and always goes on about how you can screw them up and fling them in your suitcase as they are so easy care and lightweight. Begs the question why they cost over four quid to post out! As for the "nazi gone wrong" (hilarious) he is like a character from South Park. Does seem to know his stuff but why use that ability to create such horrible garments.

Latest posts

Back