Cozee Home TSV 24/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm annoyed and relieved in equal measure. I completely forgot that today was the day for this TSV. I've come in this evening and seen that both colour options I would have considered are completely sold out. I don't like the lace pattern (and am awash with taupe beading already anyway) and the only bird pattern one left was the pink (which I dislike as a bedlinen colour). So no need to get angsty (I didn't need any more CH bedding, just liked the idea of the new finish). Those of you who do get it, please let me know what you think of this new fleece type compared to microfleece / faux mink / angel plush or other.

Is anyone going for this?

As much as I love CH, I'm not sure about this one. It looks very similar to the Angel Plush, which I used in the summer as I found it cooler than the normal fleece. The presenter has just said it's the winter version of the Angel Plush, which would be great, but... I have a superking and found the Angel Plush has to be washed in two loads as it gets so heavy in the machine. The first time I washed it I thought my machine was going to take off! When I took it out I couldn't believe the weight of it, even though it had a good spin.

Anyone else had the same kind of thing with the Angel Plush?

Yes - very heavy. I go to the laundrette with mine... don't want to risk wrecking my machine... and had an experience with a very heavy (when wet) bathmat that wouldn't spin at all (so had to be dragged out sopping wet), then ended up washing it again at the laundrette with a load of towels just to get the spin cycle to work on it.

My washing machine is otherwise very good, just cannot handle very heavy individual items.

I tried CH a few winters ago but Mr Akimbo and I found it too hot; in fact I love sheet-shock (hurrah for the menopause!). Also the fitted sheet at 13.8cm doesn't seem very deep, don't the presenters usually bang on about deep-pocket fitted sheets.

Mr Minx would spontaneously combust at the very suggestion! :nod:

i am off to debenhams they have some nice flannel bedding that i want to get for the grandchildren for winter and maybe a set as a couple present for my daughter and son in law. its black friday and i want deals qvc wanted £6 to post each bedding set yesterday that really peed me off tbh

Yes - very heavy. I go to the laundrette with mine... don't want to risk wrecking my machine... and had an experience with a very heavy (when wet) bathmat that wouldn't spin at all (so had to be dragged out sopping wet), then ended up washing it again at the laundrette with a load of towels just to get the spin cycle to work on it.

My washing machine is otherwise very good, just cannot handle very heavy individual items.

Phew. Thank goodness I'm not the only one who has found this. I have a mink set that washes without any problem, so I'm assuming it's just the plush. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep under the mink side, but find it super soft and cosy in the cold. Wish I'd bought another set of them!

I'm so bummed about this as I love the feel of it and find it really cool in the summer (yeah, I'm weird I'm told). I really wanted to try the TSV but was too afraid to risk it being even heavier in my machine.

OH was relieved I resisted, too!

I also had the same problem with a heavy bathmat. It ended up with the dog (under his bed as an extra layer), and gets a good brushing with a rubber broom, then a hoovering. I can only wash it with a pressure washer in the summer as it takes days to dry. I can't wait for the dog to decide to tear it to bits!

Oh, please could anyone buying this TSV let us know if they find it heavy when washed please?

Mine has arrived and is is lovely and soft. I put it on the bed this afternoon and my little dog jumps up plonks herself on it and has not moved all day:mysmilie_10: OH will give his verdict tonight it feels a bit cooler to touch than the other original set I have got.

Mine has arrived and is is lovely and soft. I put it on the bed this afternoon and my little dog jumps up plonks herself on it and has not moved all day:mysmilie_10: OH will give his verdict tonight it feels a bit cooler to touch than the other original set I have got.

Keep us updated Miss Molly.

Latest posts

Back