Dreadful new presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also Craig Rook, wish he would come back! he could talk the legs off a donkey, he used to talk to the viewers about everything and anything - he used to talk about his cat! and more often than not tell us about his Butlins Uniform, when he worked at Bognor Regis; he was always chatty, smiley and cheerful; just a few of them left and i think if things carry on the way that they are going, the remaining "Old school" presenters will loose their enthusiasm for presenting the stuff GT are wanting to sell. :doh: xx

Much as I love Derek and want him back on my screen, I'm not sure if it's kind to wish him back at Gems as things stand just now. That could be gross cruelty to sweethearts!

Liz started out as very sweet and quiet, if a little lacking in personality, so clearly no good for Gems. I'd say she has most certainly been whipped into the monster we have now. Maybe it's time to start complaining about the "producers", and directors if there is any such thing, at Gems. Somebody there is whipping them up into this deeply unpleasant frenzy. I feel a letter coming on. xxx

I miss Craig as well, he was lovely and so genuinely knowledgable about the jewellery, he was such a pleasure to watch.

And I agree that it might not be fair to bring Derek back with the current emphasis on the dramatics. But he was such a pleasure to watch, like Craig, I'd often just have them on even when I wasn't looking at the jewellery and often ended up buying something as a result!

I do like most of the others, but the only presenter I watch regardless is Scott, he is such a good performer and even when he goes over the top, it doesn't seem to be false.

I miss Craig as well, he was lovely and so genuinely knowledgable about the jewellery, he was such a pleasure to watch.

And I agree that it might not be fair to bring Derek back with the current emphasis on the dramatics. But he was such a pleasure to watch, like Craig, I'd often just have them on even when I wasn't looking at the jewellery and often ended up buying something as a result!

I do like most of the others, but the only presenter I watch regardless is Scott, he is such a good performer and even when he goes over the top, it doesn't seem to be false.

Funny about Scott, I find him the most watchable but I also think he is the "trickiest" of them all. He' always sailed very close to the wind, even before it was a part of the job - I don't think he can help himself. xxx

:flower:AB I find him most watchable too - he has had me in tears with laughing! He does sail close to the wind, but its fun, because we are sitting there watching him and willing him on! and i dont think that GT can afford to let him go? if he was to go, i wonder if Fiona would come back? I know there are other presenters, but they all seem to have been given a list of things they can and cant talk about, it seems clinical and polite - and its nice when once in a blue moon you get Scott being a little rebel - xxxx:flower:

I'd say she has most certainly been whipped into the monster we have now. Maybe it's time to start complaining about the "producers", and directors if there is any such thing, at Gems. Somebody there is whipping them up into this deeply unpleasant frenzy.

Have you been lending out one of yours Argey?
whip-smiley.gif

:flower:AB I find him most watchable too - he has had me in tears with laughing! He does sail close to the wind, but its fun, because we are sitting there watching him and willing him on! and i dont think that GT can afford to let him go? if he was to go, i wonder if Fiona would come back? I know there are other presenters, but they all seem to have been given a list of things they can and cant talk about, it seems clinical and polite - and its nice when once in a blue moon you get Scott being a little rebel - xxxx:flower:

Yeah, but not sure I'd call him a rebel though, just a better class of fibber :thinking2: xx

Latest posts

Back