Face SPFs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
I've been road-testing Boots new Once A Day SPF30 Face Cream as a cleaper alternative to Ultrasun's face sunscreen. It's runnier than Ultrasuns but it doesn't dry matte and it makes my facelook very shiny. I am pale enough to get away with the Elemis Liquid Layer but I also find it looks quite heavy and shiny on. To be honest, I've yet to find a better one than Ultrasun but I believe it has mineral oil in it which makes me wonder how my Decleor oils are supposed to sink in after it?

2 questions:

1. Do you think it's enough to rely on BE (SPF25 mineral veil) in the UK or will the layer of minerals be too thin to get reliable protection? (The 'Light' BE SPF30 is too dark for my skin)

2. Has anyone found anything to beat Ultrasun's face cream?

Last November I went to HK, NZ and Aus for 3 weeks and only used BE mineral veil (on my face), rest of me plastered in factor 50 and I was fine...got a pink nose due to sunglasses slipping off and wearing away my coverage in the humidity one day and it wasn't swelteringly hot anywhere...and I never sat out in the sun, and it rained in Melbourne! But other than that I was pretty impressed with the protection. Which probably doesn't help you at all?! I have pale, easily burned skin and yes, I was probably stupid.

I use Clientele Estro Lift Day Cream SPF25 in the summer months - it gives a lovely matte finish too. If I'm bare faced I can happily slap some more on as well if I'm sitting outside for any length of time. If I'm wearing makeup, then my foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear which is SPF 15 I think.

I've tried Philosophy's HIAJ with SPF but didn't get on with it. I don't like Elemis Liquid Layer either.

Last edited:
Avon have just launched a facial spf 50 in their Anew skincare range: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/the-holiday-shop/suncare/anew-solar-advance-sunscreen-face-lotion-spf50.html.

I haven't tried this new one but the whole family have been using this cheap as chips avon product "Avon Care Summer Face Cream SPF15" for 18months and even the teenagers will use it as it disappears quickly. I can't see it on the website atm but the most I've paid is £3 for a large pot. I hope they haven't discontinued it.

Finally I'd agree with LipstickCherry that the Clientele one is lovely (and the scent is yummy and instantly reminds sme of holidays :sun:

Jude xx

Avon have just launched a facial spf 50 in their Anew skincare range: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/the-holiday-shop/suncare/anew-solar-advance-sunscreen-face-lotion-spf50.html.

I haven't tried this new one but the whole family have been using this cheap as chips avon product "Avon Care Summer Face Cream SPF15" for 18months and even the teenagers will use it as it disappears quickly. I can't see it on the website atm but the most I've paid is £3 for a large pot. I hope they haven't discontinued it.

Finally I'd agree with LipstickCherry that the Clientele one is lovely (and the scent is yummy and instantly reminds sme of holidays :sun:

Jude xx

I use the Avon summer face cream too and I'm very very pale skinned. I burn so so easily and have never had a problem with using the avon one. It sinks in really quickly and doesnt leav me shiny. I have very oily skin as it is, but it does mattify. also, it doesnt bring me out in spots, which alot of them do. xxx

Latest posts

Back