Fashion ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Just seen the home page of QVC and looked at the so called fashion at the bottom of the page, casual and co. It looks just like the frumpy old stuff you see in those little mags they stick in the newspapers and magazines. One glance and you chuck them in the bin. Yet QVC make hours of air time out of it. When are they going to get some decent fashionable clothes or stop trying to clothe the nation in carp or clingy k&co.:dull:

Just seen the home page of QVC and looked at the so called fashion at the bottom of the page, casual and co. It looks just like the frumpy old stuff you see in those little mags they stick in the newspapers and magazines. One glance and you chuck them in the bin. Yet QVC make hours of air time out of it. When are they going to get some decent fashionable clothes or stop trying to clothe the nation in carp or clingy k&co.:dull:

I see more "fashion" in the windows of charity shops in town :giggle:, it always makes me wonder about QVC fashion when you see the clothes going for £1 in the outlet shops :smirk:

There are very few shops I go in and think, I love everything or could wear everything. I agree with most of what people say about QVC fashion. I look at some items and think "you cannot be serious!".I also think is is heavily orientated towards frumpy older women.
Having said that, some ranges have the occasional gem and it's just a question of knowing how to put an outfit together and knowing what suits you. I don't think I dress young for my age but I'm not going to settle for a pleated skirt and twin-set - EVER! I love clothes and my outfits are often commented on (and no, they're not being sarcastic) and most of them are based around a QVC piece.
I like some of Kim&Co - not the garish colour combinations or the ghastly scarlet trousers or similar. They don't cling, are cut high on the armholes (I mostly wear sleeveless) and drape beautifully on my less than perfect figure. I have favourite jackets from Indigo Moon and even a couple from Quacker - a show so embarrassing I can't watch. I adore Diane Gilman jeans, though I always have to have them taken up, but they are the most flattering ones I've ever had. I have a couple of Ronnie Nicole dresses which are classically lovely, one of which I purchased on ebay.
I have never been tempted by anything from Michele Hope, Renee Marten or any of the other brands that cater exclusively for Grannies (IMO). However QVC has introduced me to brands I would never have known about, even if it's just to know to avoid them....:giggle:

Dare I say that I used to like the stuff from South Lodge, they did some really good leisure suits and tops for casual wear
They seem to have disappeared now

When I see QVC fashion shows I often think "OMG that's hideous" whereas in shops I will see things that aren't my style or colour but I don't generally think they are awful.

Having said that QVC keep on doing fashion hours so there must be plenty of people who do buy the products and are happy with them.

There are very few shops I go in and think, I love everything or could wear everything. I agree with most of what people say about QVC fashion. I look at some items and think "you cannot be serious!".I also think is is heavily orientated towards frumpy older women.
Having said that, some ranges have the occasional gem and it's just a question of knowing how to put an outfit together and knowing what suits you. I don't think I dress young for my age but I'm not going to settle for a pleated skirt and twin-set - EVER! I love clothes and my outfits are often commented on (and no, they're not being sarcastic) and most of them are based around a QVC piece.
I like some of Kim&Co - not the garish colour combinations or the ghastly scarlet trousers or similar. They don't cling, are cut high on the armholes (I mostly wear sleeveless) and drape beautifully on my less than perfect figure. I have favourite jackets from Indigo Moon and even a couple from Quacker - a show so embarrassing I can't watch. I adore Diane Gilman jeans, though I always have to have them taken up, but they are the most flattering ones I've ever had. I have a couple of Ronnie Nicole dresses which are classically lovely, one of which I purchased on ebay.
I have never been tempted by anything from Michele Hope, Renee Marten or any of the other brands that cater exclusively for Grannies (IMO). However QVC has introduced me to brands I would never have known about, even if it's just to know to avoid them....:giggle:

Took delivery of a pair of these on Friday. Have had them on all weekend and must concur with Artemis, that they are beautiful jeans. Very flattering (size 18, 5' 8") and so comfortable to wear. Used an easy pay code for them and think any future easy pay codes will be going the same way. Definitely worth a try if you have trouble finding jeans to fit.

Took delivery of a pair of these on Friday. Have had them on all weekend and must concur with Artemis, that they are beautiful jeans. Very flattering (size 18, 5' 8") and so comfortable to wear. Used an easy pay code for them and think any future easy pay codes will be going the same way. Definitely worth a try if you have trouble finding jeans to fit.

i though that was me. i am five foot eight and a size 18 and i love love love diane gilman jeans. i bought the boot leg new style ones in the long legnth and everyone at work had said that i had lost a lot of weight.

this is a real bonus for me as i hate buying jeans as they dont usually fit as good as these so qvc are doing something right with this range.

Some of QVC's "fashion" is alright...I've got some well chosen pieces which I love. The thing that gets me about the shows are the huge amounts of shapless sqaures of stretch fabric, be it by Kim and Co, Michele Hope or what have you, and how they blantantly try and tell you how flattering and un clingy they are, when it's blatantly obvioulsy not true, how they can describe anything with sleeves and an open front as a jacket. The other thing about qvc fashion is that it is all so overpriced. I think the worst look is the shapless long baggy skirt that falls just above the ankle, teamed up with an equally shapeless top...you might as well just drape yourself in a duvet cover!

unfortunately shopping telly "fashion" is aimed at a particular type of person, hence the nasty fabrics ,styles and range of sizes. "comfy" clothing is all that any channels sell. you will never see decent, well cut ,stylish clothing.the shop assistants flogging this tat must have hysterics when they see what they have to sell and the garbage they have to spout to make it sound good.

Confession time. I have purchased quite a bit of QVC fashion over the years. Generally it's just basics like tops in block colours - quite like the Kim & Co T-shirts for under cardigans and jackets because they hang well and keep their shape - unlike cotton. I have a bolero cardigan from Nina Leonard that is a gorgeous red and fits well.
I own two really sweet cardigans from Modern Soul, which I wear to death and love. They are cotton and one was in last clicks.
I don't think I would buy trousers - but do have one pair of Diane Gilman black leggings, which are great.
I have a Beth Terrell green suede jacket, which I have worn for three years on and off, and a blue ruffle suede coat - again it has been very serviceable and I feel great in it.
Shoe-wise I have a pair of Rockport wedges, so comfortable and quite high. They have been admired.
My daughter has two Centigrade coats, one was the lasts TSV (brilliant) and she wears them for school - her friends like them - They have been so hardwearing and great value for money.
Having said that I wouldn't want an entire wardrobe of QVC fashion. It needs to be selected carefully and worn with other items. One thing, you won't see other people in it.

Yeah but the thing that really scares me ..... and I don't have much of their fashion ...... is that someone will see me in it and recognise it as being from QVC!:blush:

Fashion

I have 3 things from Nina Leonard which I was really lucky with, I enjoy his shows even though he seems to be on speed. I also have 2 centigrade coats. Their sizing is a disaster, how can the same person be both small and large? My coats are small and large! The Kim and Co hours annoy me intensely. She giggles all the time and never seems to answer things properly - "size, non issue, made in Montreal, Canada" is what you get. I am going to knock on the head buying fashion for a while. I have had to change a couple of things recently and get really hammered on the P & P, not living in UK which bugs me. Some of the shows are good for a laugh though,when you watch the presenters trying to wax lyrical about an item that they would not put out for the cat to lie on.

Latest posts

Back