'Fat' Never! Not on QVC. List of alternative words and phrases used.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
I'm always amused by all the soft and indirect ways they talk about fat and being fat on QVC.

No one is fat as fat is a negative term.

For instance Kathy Tayler always says she has 'thickness' around the waist.

They often refer to 'athletic' calves of course all of us are athletes! LOL

Just for fun can anyone remember any more? It's not just my waist they think is thick is it?

Last edited:
Larger ladies.

I'd rather be fat than juicy. Curvy? Marilyn Monroe I am not. The thinking is obviously nobody likes to be called fat so if we call them fat, they won't buy our tat for fats.

Well lumps and bumps of course. But they are lumps and bumps of fat aren't they? Well I should know, I've got plenty lol. Big girls? Didn't Lennie used to say that? Patrick on Quacker is always very diplomatic without being patronising as I think many of his customers are bigger ladies. I've said it once and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter whether your a 3XS or a 3XL, if you wear things that fit you and suit you, you will always look good. Now, where are the doughnuts . . . . :mysmilie_5:

CC

"Larger frame ladies" which in QVC-speak means fat women to you and me.

Why don't they just say fat? Do they think we'll all throw up our hands in hysterical angst and never leave the house again? I suppose some folks might be in denial but a lot of us know we've got fat hanging around even if we're not big all over. Is the word fat really so offensive that we'll switch off the TV and never watch again? Not to me it isn't. The Together guest isn't the slimmest woman in the world but she looks good in nearly everything because she wears the right size and the styles are suitable for a shorter frame. I've bought a lot from that range for that very reason as I'm the same height although a size down and I've liked everything.

Claire Sutton's juicy bottom just means big a*se, although I suppose she can't say that on telly :mysmilie_17: Oh and I nearly forgot the PHD "girls" which is another word for huge breasts :mysmilie_17:

CC

Latest posts

Back