Feminist Nikki

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Ms Twee Voice is on with Jill Franks (who looks as though she's stepped into a Primark mesh shopping basket) touting a clackety-clack-clack clack semi-demi precious pebbly necklace. (Let's hope Alexis doesn't buy one or we'll have that clacking against the mixing bowl when she lathers her soaps. Nikki just said her necklace is named after her son, Fred, who is independent, individual, strong "like us women, actually."

So, Nikki, are you implying men are all dependent, homogenous clones and weak?

She does seem to trot out these feminist lines quite regularly. On her promo / advert she says "Lola Rose is all about celebrating women and their individuality....blah blah blah."

Please do not misunderstand me, I'm not having a pop at women and I am certainly not saying they shouldn't be happy / proud / creative / whatever they want to be, I'm just not sure why Nikki feels it necessary to make the statements and distinctions she does. Of course women are individual / creative etc etc - as are men and transgender people and probably any other type of person one would care to think about.

I would argue that Lola Rose has very little to do with "celebrating women" and is more about her making a shed load of money from a few tumbled beads on a string.

I understand she is on the telly to peddle her beady wares but why is she also trying to push her feminist agenda? Julie flaaaaaaaaaahs doesn't bang on about women all the time, does she?

How would women feel if a guest were to come on with a men's product and claim how "it empowers men" and that "men are individual and unique....?" They'd just be stating the flipping obvious - much as Nikki does about women.

I can’t be doing with all this feminist talk. Why do people have to have some sort of title to explain who/what they are. We are people who should be able to live our lives without being put into categories which imo cause nothing but trouble for all concerned.Live and let Live please.

Julius - why do you watch Nikki or Alexis if they annoy you so much? There are plenty of other channels to watch!!

Whether or not you like Nicki herself or LR type jewellery she is like Kim and even Michelle Hope in knowing every item number, colour and size.

However it says a lot about how awful the other BA and presenters are that we applaud the fact that a business owner actually knows the details of her own products as surely this should be a given.

Whether or not you like Nicki herself or LR type jewellery she is like Kim and even Michelle Hope in knowing every item number, colour and size.

However it says a lot about how awful the other BA and presenters are that we applaud the fact that a business owner actually knows the details of her own products as surely this should be a given.

I actually don’t think that’s true. She often reads from prompt cards. But saying that, at least she doesn’t try to hide them behind a bunch of flowers like our Lulu does.

I actually don’t think that’s true. She often reads from prompt cards. But saying that, at least she doesn’t try to hide them behind a bunch of flowers like our Lulu does.

I particularly dislike the "what are we calling this?" phrase.

QVC seem to want to confuse by giving items their own colour names which are different to the designer/ manufacturer.Why they continue to do this I don’t know but it is incredibly irritating and at times must impact on sales.

More like “celebrating women and the amount of money we can liberate from their individual bank accounts”.

All this woman’s lib stuff has been going on for years in differing guises. It works for some but not me - I just get on with life and any “sexist” obstacles by ignoring them ! As one of my former (male)managers said of me “she ploughs her own furrow”.

Latest posts

Back