Gail's Gnocchi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Fried gnocchi with leaves of spinach and raw cherry tomatoes, a load of grated cheese and olive oil, topped off with fried fish!! She would be asked to leave Italy pronto if she served this here! I know she's under pressure, but simple would be better. And as for Anne, clueless in the kitchen can be cute on a young presenter when working alongside Gail, but ditzy and clueless are annoying on a woman of the world, like Anne.

Fried gnocchi with leaves of spinach and raw cherry tomatoes, a load of grated cheese and olive oil, topped off with fried fish!! She would be asked to leave Italy pronto if she served this here! I know she's under pressure, but simple would be better. And as for Anne, clueless in the kitchen can be cute on a young presenter when working alongside Gail, but ditzy and clueless are annoying on a woman of the world, like Anne.
Especially when Anne is a keen cook and has managed several restaurants in a past life. At least according to the bios that used to be on the presenters page.

Especially when Anne is a keen cook and has managed several restaurants in a past life. At least according to the bios that used to be on the presenters page.
Perhaps Anne should take over the kitchen program presented by the other woman from Scotland (can't spell or pronounce her name) since she knows how things work in a professional kitchen.

Its Eilidh, and her 'named' Monday night cooking show is a shambles - really uncomfortable to watch
I bet she is she is. Quite clumsy to be cooking. Her general presenting skills are worse than Ophelia thats how low her score is.The very thought of watching her make a shambles with the cooking and her poor speaking skills is never happening.

I bet she is she is. Quite clumsy to be cooking. Her general presenting skills are worse than Ophelia thats how low her score is.The very thought of watching her make a shambles with the cooking and her poor speaking skills is never happening.
Talking about poor speaking skills, the You Garden man (why isn't it Your Garden?) is, for me 80% unintelligible. I'm all for preserving dialects and regional accents, but when you are on national TV, talking to thousands of people and trying to sell products, you must be able to talk in a way that everyone can understand. I was very interested in his presentation of hydrangers plants, for e.g., and he was giving some useful tips, but I understood zip. He can keep his accent, please do that, but he needs to tidy it up his vowels, in the same way that Ruth Langsford has done to her, probably London accent. Some lessons in voice training would do the trick. He is a likeable man, and seems to know his stuff, apart from the above. PS Rhinestone Cowboy is in the same boat.

Are you talking about Shaun Ryan Griz? I don't have any problem understanding him at all (but I am a Northerner). I think Grumpy Gardener man has a far worse accent. With regards to You Garden - don't buy their plants from QVC as they do far better deals from their own website and sister website Gardening Direct.

CC

Are you talking about Shaun Ryan Griz? I don't have any problem understanding him at all (but I am a Northerner). I think Grumpy Gardener man has a far worse accent. With regards to You Garden - don't buy their plants from QVC as they do far better deals from their own website and sister website Gardening Direct.

CC
Yes, Shaun, is the one! I can completely understand Grumpy Gardener, no problem, although he does seem to be really, really grumpy. Shaun is nice and happy looking. Are you a gardener? Do you have a tip besides sticking your finger in a pot to see if the soil is damp? I don't have manicured nails but sticking my finger in my pots makes the nail on my index finger very dirty and difficult to clean.

Absolutely agree on Gail’s efforts, she would be chased out of Italy, Sicily and Malta 🤣🤣🤣Anne surprises me because unless due to EU rules she has sold her house in Italy where she has gone every year for years. She should know better.

Yes, Shaun, is the one! I can completely understand Grumpy Gardener, no problem, although he does seem to be really, really grumpy. Shaun is nice and happy looking. Are you a gardener? Do you have a tip besides sticking your finger in a pot to see if the soil is damp? I don't have manicured nails but sticking my finger in my pots makes the nail on my index finger very dirty and difficult to clean.
I'm an enthusiastic but a bit rubbish gardener. It's not that easy to be honest but beginners should start off with really easy to grow things like peas, cress, potatoes. Easy flowers are calendula, cosmos all from seed. I spent years chucking failed things away. I got into gardening after my Gran died - I used to help her in her garden and then Richard Jackson taught me a lot on Q and it went from there. I fail with a lot of plants but now I buy a lot of established plants, however I still persevere with the annual veggies - peas and beans being the things i'm best at. Top tip is buy a very inexpensive soil type kit and find out what kind of soil you have and plant accordingly. Bulbs are bomb proof, chuck em in and they will grow. Phew. I'll get a slot on QVC at this rate.

CC

I'm an enthusiastic but a bit rubbish gardener. It's not that easy to be honest but beginners should start off with really easy to grow things like peas, cress, potatoes. Easy flowers are calendula, cosmos all from seed. I spent years chucking failed things away. I got into gardening after my Gran died - I used to help her in her garden and then Richard Jackson taught me a lot on Q and it went from there. I fail with a lot of plants but now I buy a lot of established plants, however I still persevere with the annual veggies - peas and beans being the things i'm best at. Top tip is buy a very inexpensive soil type kit and find out what kind of soil you have and plant accordingly. Bulbs are bomb proof, chuck em in and they will grow. Phew. I'll get a slot on QVC at this rate.

CC
I have had loads of failures in the garden, my latest bring jasmine plants that refuse to die, but won't grow. I love gardening and I'm successful with Hydrangers, for e.g., so I have lots of them. Bulbs won't grow for me, but maybe because I've bought cheap, supermarket ones. I won't give up because it gives me such pleasure to watch plants grow. I don't grow veggies, because if there is a good crop, I'd never eat them all. I'm going to try your idea of getting a soil type kit.

Latest posts

Back