Gardening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Not only did they spoil Easter viewing by having RJ on every few minutes, but I notice we've got another TSV and several hours of it the coming May Day holiday too! Ugh. It's not even as though he actually does anything. It would be different if he showed us how to plant up tomatoes or fruit and how to get the best growth etc. but all we get is him standing with his hands shoved in his pockets watching everyone else do the work.

Sorry, I know this pops up regularly like the proverbial bad penny, but it really grinds my gears.

Me as well but i am beginning to sound like a broken record so i have decided to shut up about the gnome until he does something else that annoys me that is:mysmilie_51:

I am a gardening novice. It has taken 41 years and a new build with virgin turf to get me into gardening like my nan was and my mum (kinda) is. My mum said to me tonight "I don't know what's got into you" as I reported a nightly inspection (in my pyjamas) of my newly planted garden, and my seeds germinating in the window. I even borrowed a book from the library entitled "seed propogation". If you knew me, you would truly understand how out of character this is. I was/am? A total beauty junkie. But in the last 6 weeks a cloche, sowing kit, windowsill greenhouse, heat pad, numerous Richard Jackson products including posh grass seed and flower power, plus many trips to the garden centre have replaced my beauty purchases. My Delphiniums are massive and they have had babies. Only one has died. My tree fern in the shady spot is developing new fronds. Not bad for half price and half dead. A weeping double cherry also with 30% off and some blue hydrangeas planted in the right acidic soil I must add) roses and jasmine, bluebells, plus my wildflower patch...so far so good. Frost coming aparently. Mum says put carrier bags over them overnight. I still have half a garden to go, getting some holly from a friend and just experimenting with our favourites and the stuff we remember from our childhood. If some of it fails we will learn but so far so good.

Anyway.......new hobby aside I think Richard Jackson is annoying and Q should do a much more extensive range than they do. None of the plants are very exciting are they? I am having more fun going around the garden centres and trying to plant seeds as well as young plants.

Also bought the Wet and Forget for our terrace, sounded like good stuff.

Sounds good and I wish I had a garden again to get a fork into! At the moment it's just a small balcony. Mum is my expert too - when I was young, the garden was full of fruit and veg in the summer. For those who have suddenly found their green fingers, it would be good if Q's shows actually taught about what do to, when and how and gave some good basic advice, especially for the beginners among us. Although there is a bit too much - you wouldn't go into Selfridges and spend 6 hours in one department.

Well im amazed my tidal wave petunias have appeared again and have a few flowers, they were bought from Q about 3 years ago and were only meant to be an annual , so im really pleased that a few of them keep coming back, I think they were Thompson and Morgan so im keeping an eye out on IW.

Me as well but i am beginning to sound like a broken record so i have decided to shut up about the gnome until he does something else that annoys me that is:mysmilie_51:

I feel the same, I only have to see/hear the gnome or the very smarmy CR and I run for the off button, I will have to find something else to amuse me on Monday.lol

I am a gardening novice. It has taken a new build with virgin turf to get me into gardening

I'm the same. Wasn't interested in the garden in our old house, but we moved into a new build in August and I'm pretty excited for this summer. lol!

Wilkinson's are selling off all there bulbs aswell other gardening items , I got several packs of bulbs includes Iris's, Freesias and Anemone for between 25p-50p a pack.

Latest posts

Back