gold prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I was just watching a bit of the jade hour and thinking that gold prices have dropped quite a bit lately and wondering when that might be reflected in qvc's prices when AK announced that gold prices have plateaued but are still creeping upwards. Gold reached its peak in around mid 2011 and is now about $500 less per ounce than it was then. Either Alison just spoke for the sake of something to say, or else qvc have no intention of passing on the fall in prices.

Another small niggle whilst I'm at it, and AK isn't the only culprit, but why do things have to be separated OUT?' Is that a strange and complicated process not achievable by just separating them?

Bit of a side step but I read this post and by the time I went back to the main screen I had an ad banner for bullion by post, wow they dont miss a trick, bit scarey really

I bought a ss/diamonique tennis necklace with magnetic clasp about 3 years ago - and at the time I beat myself up for paying £88 (so its been worn to death to justify it to myself). This item is still available, price ? .................. a mind boggling £225 !!!!!!

Sadly its like everything, the prices will go up but rarely come down - like petrol at the pumps, the crude oil price will fall but it never filters down to the buying public. I think the good old days of 'cheap' gold/silver jewellery are now long behind us.

It sounds a bit like the petrol companies failing to pass on any drop in oil prices, they always say it's because they bought the oil at the higher prices, but then when the opposite happens and oil prices rise, then the petrol prices seem to rise or stay the same, even though they must have bought that batch of oil at a lower price. Once gold is made into jewellery the price has less to do with the price of the raw material and more to do with market forces.

Jude xx

I bought a ss/diamonique tennis necklace with magnetic clasp about 3 years ago - and at the time I beat myself up for paying £88 (so its been worn to death to justify it to myself). This item is still available, price ? .................. a mind boggling £225 !!!!!!

Sadly its like everything, the prices will go up but rarely come down - like petrol at the pumps, the crude oil price will fall but it never filters down to the buying public. I think the good old days of 'cheap' gold/silver jewellery are now long behind us.

Sad but very likely true. Though 'last clicks' can throw up a bargain or two sometimes. The link below shows how bullion prices have fluctuated over the past three years. Well below the highs of 2011 and seemingly levelling off....a bit!

http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/3year/ounces/GBP/

Latest posts

Back