Have a rethink QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Please QVC if you are making a stab at diversity when producing promotional videos, as is the case in point with Richard Jacksons gardening gifts, - when portraying a 'Mohammed' on the receiving end, then do it properly. I'm sure the Jewish community are regular viewers, given a lot of the designers are American Jews, ok they may not celebrate Christmas, but perhaps a 'Jacob' might not go amiss; or the Chinese, or Afro Caribbeans.

Either do it properly and have representation of all the ethnic minorities, or don't do it at all. This half hearted attempt at being at one with the Muslim community really makes it look like a 'token' attempt at being 'inclusive', but it really doesn't do anyone any favours.

That advert also shows how to be ungrateful for what you receive and it's actually not the thought that counts after all. I know what you mean about how they're trying to be diverse in the "QVC Tech" advert showing that the older generation can use lap tops and one man can kiss another on the cheek in the park whilst taking selfie.

Please QVC if you are making a stab at diversity when producing promotional videos, as is the case in point with Richard Jacksons gardening gifts, - when portraying a 'Mohammed' on the receiving end, then do it properly. I'm sure the Jewish community are regular viewers, given a lot of the designers are American Jews, ok they may not celebrate Christmas, but perhaps a 'Jacob' might not go amiss; or the Chinese, or Afro Caribbeans.

Either do it properly and have representation of all the ethnic minorities, or don't do it at all. This half hearted attempt at being at one with the Muslim community really makes it look like a 'token' attempt at being 'inclusive', but it really doesn't do anyone any favours.

I think the opposite - there's nothing worse in advertising than seeing a forced 'one of everything' as it's just so artificial.

I've worked / lived in multi-cultural areas most of my life and people of other (or no) faith join in with 'holiday' festivities without any of us really thinking anything of it.... so, it's not 'tokenism' for me to see Mohammed getting his pressie - we see it every year in Secret Santa... it's no biggy.

my best friends jewish and all she asks is i take the bacon off her bit of turkey when she comes to dinner:mysmilie_14:

Ethnic minorities just roll their eyes when they see this kind of thing. I mean, I think all this diversity stuff is just PC people being offended on behalf of others. Actual people just fit in don't they?

CC

Ethnic minorities are actual people too. And it's nice to see them as part of a scene. The fact that it causes comment seems to signify that people don't quite perceive that they fit in. Re the first comment, maybe we could have Jacob next year.

Latest posts

Back