Have I fallen for it again?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good to know that you are happy with them.

How often do you use torches Strato just out of interest?
Every day I use at least one. And we used to get regular power cuts, although not had one for a few months (touch wood).

This one will probably not be used around the house but carried around for emergency situations eg tightening screws, smashing glass (yes, it does that), opening bottles, etc etc.

Every day I use at least one. And we used to get regular power cuts, although not had one for a few months (touch wood).

This one will probably not be used around the house but carried around for emergency situations eg tightening screws, smashing glass (yes, it does that), opening bottles, etc etc.
Ah, the dreaded power cut. Not had one for many years, we do have a wind up torch though for that, well if we can find it, it used to be under the stairs, but last time I looked it had gone missing in action :D

Only minor things, but they are well made and would be very complex to make with all the machining of small parts, so I admire it as an "object of engineering art". It is worthy of display is an interesting ornament.
I can understand why you and your partner keep separate houses…..,😉

Only minor things, but they are well made and would be very complex to make with all the machining of small parts, so I admire it as an "object of engineering art". It is worthy of display is an interesting ornament.

Eh???? Strato, forgive me lol, but that is weird behaviour 😬 😬

CC

Well, the JMcD TSV sold out very quickly, and that was just a glass ornament.

8000 people on my torch forum use torches as display ornaments.

Many of them collect loads of the SAME torches in different colours.

Here is a very small part of 1 person's collection - - -

Ashlea I5 89025182_101665332.jpg

Someone posted this photo of some of his torches in a colour called Desert Camouflage. Of course, someone had to comment "I can't see any torches" (it wasn't me!).

View attachment 24017
BTW I've got the smallest one in the pic in that very same colour. The light comes out of the side, not the end, which is unusual. You can stand it up so the light shines sideways. It also has a magnetic base.

I also have the 2nd largest, but mine is not coloured, it is machined out of solid titanium.

BTW I've got the smallest one in the pic in that very same colour. The light comes out of the side, not the end, which is unusual. You can stand it up so the light shines sideways. It also has a magnetic base.

I also have the 2nd largest, but mine is not coloured, it is machined out of solid titanium.
A typo, should have said the second SMALLEST. I wish it WAS the 2nd largest.

The short fat one costs about £350 if you want one.

Ah, the dreaded power cut. Not had one for many years, we do have a wind up torch though for that, well if we can find it, it used to be under the stairs, but last time I looked it had gone missing in action :D
Many years ago we had a powerful and I went to look for the candles and tried switching the kitchen light on to look for them.🤭🤣🤣

Received them today and BOTH TORCHES WORK :) And you can zoom it, or have it on strobe.

Everything else works too, and in fact they are very well made and attractive to look at.

The multi-tool is credit card size and useful to carry in a wallet, where it should also prevent anyone scanning your credit card.

In fact, the quality is very high. The only downside is that the screwdrivers would be difficult to UNSCREW screws as the tool may unscrew itself intead of the screw, but should tighten them OK.

If carried in a bag etc, the torch is very likely to switch itself on and flatten the battery, so I am leaving the battery isolator in place and will just take it out when I need the torch.

The pen refills are only 1 inch long so probably would run out quickly, but I am only carrying it for emergency use. The whistle is extremely piercing, which is great if you need to summon atention. May work as a dog whistle as well, very high pitched.

I will happily be giving one away as a gift. At this price and with low PP they are a bargain.

Well pleased :)
Thanks for the heads up Strato, I've ordered a couple of packs ready for Secret Santa gifts, and I got half price P&P on the second pack! :D

Latest posts

Back