Here's the thing...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Last week Carol Hochman presented a jump suit in various colours and sizes for £26 +pp - all sold out within minutes. I sent for one for upcoming cruise and it is incredibly comfortable. Magically the same j/suit in most sizes and colours are in stock but back to original £36 price point. So, was there only so many available at the £26 ? that sold out and just a big marketing ploy, because with the best will in the world, more stock arriving that quickly wouldn't happen. Its even too quick for returns. Even the website on the day portrayed them as a complete sell-out. Who knows ?

Last week Carol Hochman presented a jump suit in various colours and sizes for £26 +pp - all sold out within minutes. I sent for one for upcoming cruise and it is incredibly comfortable. Magically the same j/suit in most sizes and colours are in stock but back to original £36 price point. So, was there only so many available at the £26 ? that sold out and just a big marketing ploy, because with the best will in the world, more stock arriving that quickly wouldn't happen. Its even too quick for returns. Even the website on the day portrayed them as a complete sell-out. Who knows ?
That’s sneaky and exactly £10 more seems they think customers won't notice the 3 in place of the 2. Where are you going on your cruise?

It's not dissimilar to airline tickets.

How did you find the sizes, B? I fancied it, but like things loose &am a good 16, All hips & bosoms. Large is huge in CH but sometimes nice for bumming (about) My concern was it would look like a nappy/baby gro/huge triffid - in other words, I wouls. Help please, babe?*
*Babe is me messing (about) . Seeing if you're awake. .Ha haaar

That’s sneaky and exactly £10 more seems they think customers won't notice the 3 in place of the 2. Where are you going on your cruise?
Spain and Portugal for 10 days. Can't wait - so I'll be off grid (which may please some 🤭 ) for a while in November.

How did you find the sizes, B? I fancied it, but like things loose &am a good 16, All hips & bosoms. Large is huge in CH but sometimes nice for bumming (about) My concern was it would look like a nappy/baby gro/huge triffid - in other words, I wouls. Help please, babe?*
*Babe is me messing (about) . Seeing if you're awake. .Ha haaar

Being a 20/22 I generally go for 2xl in CH as its plenty big enough without 'swamping'. The Kimono/top/trouser set was perfect in the 2xl. This particular j/suit fits like a dream around the bust and is just enough 'roomy' without looking nappy like, around the bum. I'm 5'7 but for me the trouser bit are too long as I don't 'do' heels in this sort of garment, so I had them shortened by 5" to well above my ankle which I much prefer.

(I generally have to shorten trousers to suit my preference, and always have to shorten sleeve jackets to a proper wrist length. I was watching several female dignitaries showing King Charles around his various engagements, and oh Lord, to see the sleeves on their clearly new black jackets reach the tips of their fingers, made me scream at the tele ! it looked awful, when for around £15 they could have had them shortened and the whole look would have been transformed. What IS the matter with women ? what do they SEE in the mirror ? ) Its exactly the same when the shorter model Claire is wearing a structured jacket - the sleeves are pushed up because they would cover her hands totally if she let them down)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back