How old is Kabler ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Well, mentally anyway.

She seems to have this childish 12 year old persona with whomever she's on with. She was on the Dress Show, and unbelievably said that she had rarely heard the word "petticoat" when the BA used it. Ooooooh 5 minutes of rapturous surprise and referred to it as a bit Jane Austin.

Oh get a grip woman ! where the hell have you been all your life that you think the word is lovely. Did you also know that bra is short for brassiere ? Knickers are another word for panties - she'd probably get the hysterics if she heard the word bloomers. Yes my old granny always wore her silk bloomers until she died in her 80s.

I can give her a lesson on liberty bodices with rubber buttons and winceyette PETTICOATS !!

and this woman is an author, the wife of a GP, and ....." travelled the world covering stories for GMTV, BBC and ITV news ". I'm surprised she managed to get past her own front door on her own, let alone own a passport.

Well, mentally anyway.

She seems to have this childish 12 year old persona with whomever she's on with. She was on the Dress Show, and unbelievably said that she had rarely heard the word "petticoat" when the BA used it. Ooooooh 5 minutes of rapturous surprise and referred to it as a bit Jane Austin.

Oh get a grip woman ! where the hell have you been all your life that you think the word is lovely. Did you also know that bra is short for brassiere ? Knickers are another word for panties - she'd probably get the hysterics if she heard the word bloomers. Yes my old granny always wore her silk bloomers until she died in her 80s.

I can give her a lesson on liberty bodices with rubber buttons and winceyette PETTICOATS !!

and this woman is an author, the wife of a GP, and ....." travelled the world covering stories for GMTV, BBC and ITV news ". I'm surprised she managed to get past her own front door on her own, let alone own a passport.
I've always found her just plain silly. There's a well known plus size underwear company called Big Bloomers. Nice, big comfy underpinnings. Not that she needs them, but as a worldly woman, she should recognize the word petticoat, or was she just acting dumb?

Well, mentally anyway.

Bristles I absolutely love your posts as they are so relevant to my age group. I totally agree with you on the Kabler woman she gets on my t—-s.

Lets now forget how she stands .... tweeny toed like a little girl - that's where her brains are in her feet.
Does she want to look clueless?

Petticoat is a perfectly reasonable word than I was familiar with growing up in the 1970s.

However the word "moist" is another matter...🤔
What can she dislike about the word 'moist? It's not an unusual word, is it? You seem to have an idea, Muttley.

So she has never heard of Petticoat Lane in London?

I have never been there and live in Belfast, but I have heard of it and petticoats or slips as I have heard them called.
I used to work around the corner from the Bank of England. Before I went on holidays a colleague and I used to take a long lunch and go down Petticoat Lane market to get some clothes. What fun, picking up cheap cotton outfits for a few pounds. Loved it. Haven't been back to London in a long time but I hope the market is still there.

CC

I used to work around the corner from the Bank of England. Before I went on holidays a colleague and I used to take a long lunch and go down Petticoat Lane market to get some clothes. What fun, picking up cheap cotton outfits for a few pounds. Loved it. Haven't been back to London in a long time but I hope the market is still there.

CC
Yes,it’s still going. Lots of pics on Google images, if you fancy a trip down memory lane.

CC
I think it must be still there. Shame if it isn't because it was a historic landmark.

I've got to admit guffawing the other day when out shopping with a friend, she was eyeing up a dress she fancied and said I'd have to wear a petticoat under it! I said a WHAT? and she said a petticoat, a slip, and that made me giggle even more...I said I know what they are but I've not heard those words for years are they still a thing?!!! She said yes, but I had to say that whilst I've never worn a full petticoat ever, I did used to have to wear a slip under my skirt in the 70's to stop it sticking to my american tan tights. Just seems like an archaic thing in this day and age. Tights, apart from the odd person who wears opaque black ones or woollen ones in winter seem to be a thing of the past too!

Last edited:
I've always used the word 'petticoat', doesn't seem odd to me. I'll admit to not having worn tights for years though - not since I retired back in 2006, and tend to fake tan my legs and feet for any special occasion.

I'm off to a funeral next Friday, and I would wear black sheer tights under normal circumstances, but the weather is forecast to be 30 degrees ! so it'll be the fake stuff again on show.

As for 'old' words, I still use the word "courting", but I don't think even young people refer to 'going steady', so what exactly DO they say ? not having children I need help in the modern parlez.

The modern word for 'going steady' etc. seems to be 'in a relationship'
That's what I keep hearing about anyway

Latest posts

Back