Hunting Act - Please Help!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had an email back yesterday lunchtime from my MP's PA, saying my email to him will be brought to his attention. From past experience, I know this will be done and I should get a formal response from him shortly. I can't complain about my MP, he always responds and even forwards further information to me as / when he receives it.

Just seen my local news and heard that the dury are out to consider the verdict of a master of a Kent hunt, Brian Fraser for owning a firearm without a license & the attempted murder of his girlfriend by shooting her because she refused to allow him to move in with her. What a thoroughly decent bunch of people these "blood sport hunting folk" appear to be, LOL! (Thankfully his ex looks ok & is shown walking on the tv footage).
It appears that the indulgence of "blood sport" brings other very serious concerns, irrational & unstable people having the seemingly easy opportunity to be in possession of firearms! How anyone can condone this is beyond me on every level!

Last edited:
Totally agree Nikki. Imo anyone who takes part in these vile blood 'sports' are also cowards as well. There is nothing brave or sportsmanlike about chasing a terrified animal on horseback until the poor thing is exhausted and then sitting there gloating, watching it being torn to pieces by a pack of frenzied hounds. These dogs are not treated well either because when they are past their best they are discarded as they have no further use and are often shot by these cretins to save the vet bill to put them down humanely. The whole issue of hunting makes me feel physically sick and it's the main reason why I despise the Royals for their obsession with killing wild animals and shooting birds. It's their continued participation in spite of the current toothless ban that perpetuates hunting with dogs and no Government has the balls to enforce the hunting legislation properly. :angry:

I hate the killing of any wild animals,sorry that foxes are headline news again,poor creatures.
Lynn

I've received a letter from my MP this morning. He wrote that he is absolutely against any blood sports, in particular hunting with hounds and agrees that anyone breaking the law should be prosecuted regardless of cost. He assured me that He will not vote for any motion to repeal the current Act and hopes that reassures me.

He's a good fellow and I have a lot of respect for him. :mysmilie_467:

Haven't heard a thing from my MP yet. We are in a rural area but I've never seen fox hunting (thank goodness) but I did see them shooting pheasants where we used to live and it's absolutely vile.

Totally disagree with the comments regarding fox hounds, they simply wouldn't live in a family indoor environment , there never housed away from the pack & simply wouldn't cope with a retirement style life , sad but true

Totally disagree with the comments regarding fox hounds, they simply wouldn't live in a family indoor environment , there never housed away from the pack & simply wouldn't cope with a retirement style life , sad but true

Errr, sorry madge65, but I rescued a fox hound many years ago and Daffodil lived with the other two dogs I had at the time very happily for over seven years.

Errr, sorry madge65, but I rescued a fox hound many years ago and Daffodil lived with the other two dogs I had at the time very happily for over seven years.

Ahhh that's lovely :) xx Greyhounds adapt very well too.

I've had no reply or even acknowledgement from my MP Bill Cash...I think it's because he's a Tory Twat!!!

And before anyone jumps on their high-horse (every pun intended), I am not saying everyone who is a Tory is a twat! :/

I've already had a letter from my MP Philip Hammond, state secretary for defence, on House of Commons stationery, saying that he hadn't decided how he would vote but that he thought that the act is flawed and was motivated by political rather than animal welfare concerns.

Latest posts

Back