Hurrah. A Craft Hour that isn't card making tomorrow! (Tuesday 2pm)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dibbles

Registered Shopper
I am an avid sewer and have noticed a rise in the number of new sewers out there so was wondering if the Q would realise this and get sewing back on air again.

I remember many years ago they would have sewing machines, rug making kits and other things which appear to have fallen by the wayside.

So I was pleased to see that they are having a sewing hour tomorrow. It is the day before payday so I will be doing my best to resist, but will be watching.

Anyone else intrigued?

Sorry Dibbles this doesn't interest me as it takes me all my time to sew a hem! However, I hope you enjoy it.

liked the knitting its nice to have some variety. the endless card making and scrapbooking was a tad boring..

Looking forward to it. I'm sure they could do quite a lot in that line - patchwork quilt kits, the Cath Kidston range of books, patterns and fabrics, haberdash. kits etc. A niche market but might be viable for the occasional show.

Linda xx

I was really into sewing in my teens/twenties used to scour the local charity shops and the legendary "Nan's Nearly New" dress agency for dresses to remodel - often so much nicer fabrics than I could buy new. Hurrah for a term's sewing lessons in domestic science at school! I have a sewing machine stored in the loft and was just thinking of getting it down (DD needs a prom dress) but what I really need is a huge sewing box so I can store everything together: buttons, bobbins, chalk, measuring tape, scissors, pinking shears etc. I have a small padded sewing box (you know the kind of thing) but it really only holds essential mending or sewing on a button tackle, the rest of my stuff is stored goodness-knows-where!
My mum had a wooden piece of furniture for her sewing with lift out trays but I don't have floor space for that kind of thing; I've looked at Artbins and rolykits but they tend to have too many compartments which are too small. Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe I'll just use lock n lock boxes inside a plastic storage crate?

Back to QVC, the trailer for the sewing show made me scoff slightly as it suggests they'll show viewers how to sew, when I'm fairly sure they'll just be trying to flog stuff.

Jude xx

rug making kits and other things which appear to have fallen by the wayside.

Nooooooooooooooo!! my fingers are still sore from the "70's!!!! :eek:

I'd quite like to have something to do during the winter months, used to enjoy knitting toys years ago - would be more interested in learning basic carpentry these days so I could make frames or something. I might consider a course when I've retired.

Latest posts

Back