Ideal World gone from my TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
- - - please leave it on here as so few people go on the IW forum.

IW on channel 22 freeview has disappeared from my freeview box at Plymouth, despite numerous retunes. It has also gone from the EPG.

Googling for info has not helped.

I know the transmitter for the nearest town (Tavistock) does NOT transmit IW, so it now looks like they have stopped from Plymouth as well.

Is there anyone near Plymouth that has lost IW? Or anywhere else for that matter, perhaps IW is economising (just like many high street shop chains are closing unprofitable branches, many of them in Plymouth, the backwater of the southwest)

When I replied to your other post I told you I wasn't technically minded so this might be a daft suggestion. If your area is no longer transmitting it, could you watch it online (or is that based on your transmitter too?)

It's a shame if you've lost the channel and used to watch it. If it disappeared from my TV I'd probably not notice as I rarely switch to channel 22 anyway.

I could watch it on PC but I have a strict download limit and it costs £5 every time I exceed it.

But really I want to find out WHY it has gone eg have they stopped it, is my box faulty, etc.

Unfortunately, despite my request, my query was moved from the QVC forum where 100's are always on line, to this forum where only a few people will read it

Hi there stratobuddy,
Im down in cornwall [Penzance] no problem down this end getting IDEALWORLD, now we are really talking the A-s end of the country!! beautiful but desolate.
We consider Plymouth -the big city lol.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, despite my request, my query was moved from the QVC forum where 100's are always on line, to this forum where only a few people will read it

I would always be moved as has nothing to do with QVC sorry.

I would always be moved as has nothing to do with QVC sorry.

Strato, as Graham said your post had nothing to do with QVC. It has been moved into the IW section but if you prefer we could move it to the Technology section in The Drop.

If you get your signal from the Plympton transmitter it still lists Channel 22 unless the ukfree.tv webpage is out of date. That site also has an article about high pressure causing channel loss. Would that be relevant in your area?

I'm in Launceston (no idea what transmitter we use though) and having read your post I did a re-scan - Ideal World is still very much alive and well this side of the river.

- - - please leave it on here as so few people go on the IW forum.

IW on channel 22 freeview has disappeared from my freeview box at Plymouth, despite numerous retunes. It has also gone from the EPG.

Googling for info has not helped.

I know the transmitter for the nearest town (Tavistock) does NOT transmit IW, so it now looks like they have stopped from Plymouth as well.

Is there anyone near Plymouth that has lost IW? Or anywhere else for that matter, perhaps IW is economising (just like many high street shop chains are closing unprofitable branches, many of them in Plymouth, the backwater of the southwest)

Hi have you try looking in the 800s numbers as some time you can get other transmitter that are close to you

Thanks for the replies, I don't come on here very often.

It did come back after quite a few days, although I hardly watch it after some bad experiences with CS.

Latest posts

Back