Its only skincare ladies and gents!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LuvLizEarlestuff

Registered Shopper
Been looking on QVC facebook page and followed link to Keeley's page. Talking about award that PCMC has won fine by- me well done Elemis I say. Carried on to read this comment from an Elemis fan

"Hurrah for PCMC!!! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it smug Liz Earle!!!!"

Why is there such animosity? I just don't get it.:sad:

What worries me is the number of weird buggers that find t'internet! There's a higher percentage of loons online than there is in real life. Clearly I'm not a weirdo or a loon. I think!

That's why I don't do Facebook or twitter... The Internet is full of weirdo's! Before I met my hubby (through work) I tried this Internet dating malarkey, and with only one or two exceptions I would rather not have bothered! But that's another story....

As for these so called "awards" everyone knows the efforts companies go to to get their brand in all the magazines, and it usually involved loads of freebies and goodness knows what else! Even those truly voted for by customers have been screened first at the short list stage. It's all a con and a very very lucrative industry. I don't give a monkeys is my brand of choice has won awards as long as I don't have to remortgage my house to buy it and it doesn't bring me out in a rash!

There seems to be a flame war between the Elemis and Liz Earle facebook followers.

Which on occasions can involve Liz Earle vs every other brand and Elemis and every other brand as well. Criticism of either brand ( or Keeley or Liz)can result in the said followers taking you out and stoning you to death in the nearest open space.

True story. My local Debenhams has a Elemis counter they even have a dark light machine. Woman came in and asked about products as Keeley had recommended them to her on facebook. Trained sa did the dark light and recommended just keeping it simple cleanse, toner, face cream and eye cream. Woman listened then said thank you, I'll go back and ask Keeley what she thinks of your recommendations.

sorry: can I show my ignorance and ask what a dark light machine is for?
You can see I rarely go into shops and buy online :sweat

Last edited:
Isn't it one of those UV (or whatever kind of light it is) fandangoes that shows up how knackered your skin is?

the internet can be wonderful but it also is home to sad individuals who like to slag people off for fun my view GET A LIFE!

the internet can be wonderful but it also is home to sad individuals who like to slag people off for fun my view GET A LIFE!
you said it!
Off to go shopping and see if they have "a life" on the shelf

Last edited:
Wouldn't bother with one of those there 'Life' thingies.............full of work and bills!!:doh:

Anyway....if it wasn't for the wierdos how on earth would us lot feel normal!:devil:

I think it's because t'internet plays such a massive part in everyday life it can SEEM that there are loads of odd people out there. In my line of work I deal with some of life's odder people too. People can be truly awful, evil sometimes, but if I let this affect my life too much I would not be able to get up in the morning! I try to remember that the silent majority (even those who post online from time to time!!!) are nice, normal people and the world is not always nasty. If people say nasty things online just ignore them and don't validate the comments with a reaction. Stay happy!

Been looking on QVC facebook page and followed link to Keeley's page. Talking about award that PCMC has won fine by- me well done Elemis I say. Carried on to read this comment from an Elemis fan

"Hurrah for PCMC!!! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it smug Liz Earle!!!!"

Why is there such animosity? I just don't get it.:sad:

I think the person that wrote this is a poster on here. The other week when the pcmc/keeley argument was going on she said some not very nice things about this site and the people on it on Keeleys facebook page. She can't hate this site that much because she comes on , gets the tsv details etc then post them on facebook. People on there seem to think she's in the 'know'.

This rivalry is just fascinating to me. I think if someone is lucky enough to find skincare they adore then great but some peeps treat it almost as gang culture - very juvenile.

Decleor and Gatineau are massively (?sp) popular brands but seem to keep a lower profile when it comes to this sort of thing.

Why hate Liz Earle just because you like Elemis and vice versa, they are really different brands surely there is room for both and neither is better than the other, just different?

This rivalry is just fascinating to me. I think if someone is lucky enough to find skincare they adore then great but some peeps treat it almost as gang culture - very juvenile.

Decleor and Gatineau are massively (?sp) popular brands but seem to keep a lower profile when it comes to this sort of thing.

Why hate Liz Earle just because you like Elemis and vice versa, they are really different brands surely there is room for both and neither is better than the other, just different?

LOL yes it would appear that you are right and it is tribal. Liz Earle and Elemis were of British in origin (but I think may both be owned by American companies now) so it is a bit like supporting a different UK football team.

Decleor and Gatineau are French in origin (if not still French) and those who support them have already defected to the other side so are probably not going to row too much.

OK so I'm not into QVC beauty - but I didn't think Keely actually worked for Elemis??? (Or started out that way???)

I thought she was an independent salon owner whose preferred choice of products was Elemis,and she was picked up by QVC?

As for LE,well I used to be a total LE addict,but IMO,shes gone down the pan lately.

My current preferred choice is Burts Bees and LOVING IT!!!

Black light machine, shows all the sun damage etc you can't see with the naked eye. Very scary it is too.

Gatineau has been owned by Revlon for many years now, think early 90s.
Decleor is still independently owned as as is Elemis.

Liz Earle is Avon. Big row going on about it and Estee Lauder and Avon at the moment. They are moving into the Chinese market and have started testing on animals because of this. So boycott being called for both brands and all the ones they own. Liz Earle followers on facebook getting very upset screaming she does not test. But the profits of the company are going to a owner who is. Both companies are trying to cover their backsides by saying they have to do it as the law in Chinese says they must in order to say there.

I think the person that wrote this is a poster on here. The other week when the pcmc/keeley argument was going on she said some not very nice things about this site and the people on it on Keeleys facebook page. She can't hate this site that much because she comes on , gets the tsv details etc then post them on facebook. People on there seem to think she's in the 'know'.

That's interesting.
The person who left that response on the Elemis/ Keeley FB page "Used to be a LE user"
What could have Liz done!

Last edited:
Thanks Donna, for that info. I didn't know the story either. Am so glad I found this site, as I'm so much more in-the-know now. awww (((group hug)))

Latest posts

Back